Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 430
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Sway Bar

Old 07-24-14, 05:31 PM   #106
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Fig finally shipped my rear sway bar bushings today. did not have any.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
2002 Midnight Pine Pearl: Clear Corners Headlights with Duel Action Flashers Clear Corners Clear Led Front and Rear Markers Megan Racing Motor Mounts Swift Springs Bilstein Custom Front and Rear Shocks Dr Gas Mufflers TM Poly Upper and Lower Control Arm Bushings Poly Bushings Steering Front GS 28.6mm Solid and ISF Rear 17mm Sway 30% Tint 18" Work Rims Motorsport Tech Spacers Door Stabiliers Focal 1 Amp Polk db 840 Sub Dc Gold Front Speakers Trans Pressure Mod Gen4 Spare Tire Mod Sprintboost

Last edited by bacardi11; 07-24-14 at 05:55 PM..
bacardi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 06:24 AM   #107
V300Graham
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Hi, is there a list of part numbers to do this modification please ? Stiffer roll bars would interest me, thank you.
Old 07-28-14, 07:07 AM   #108
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

call Fig tell them you need the 17mm bushing rear sway bushing. I was told by PayPal that they were shipped to me called Fig was told they were not shipped because they did not come in yet..
2002 Midnight Pine Pearl: Clear Corners Headlights with Duel Action Flashers Clear Corners Clear Led Front and Rear Markers Megan Racing Motor Mounts Swift Springs Bilstein Custom Front and Rear Shocks Dr Gas Mufflers TM Poly Upper and Lower Control Arm Bushings Poly Bushings Steering Front GS 28.6mm Solid and ISF Rear 17mm Sway 30% Tint 18" Work Rims Motorsport Tech Spacers Door Stabiliers Focal 1 Amp Polk db 840 Sub Dc Gold Front Speakers Trans Pressure Mod Gen4 Spare Tire Mod Sprintboost
Old 07-29-14, 09:14 PM   #109
ShawnOk
Lead Lap

Can the rear sway bar mod cause the Automatic Headlight Leveling System Warning Light to illuminate on the cluster? I can't figure out what other mod could cause my light to come on and go off sporadically. As I read that the rear of the car has the headlight leveling sensors. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-29-14, 09:39 PM   #110
DarthSid
Pole Position

The leveling device is on the rear driver side. The stabilizer lower support bolt holds the level arm in place, including the stabilizer. There is an opening notched on the front of the arm by the hole opening where the level arm pin must slide in to keep it locked in the vertical position. Refer to the photo and focus in the background. Directly behind the stabilizer link is the leveling arm. I replaced my links multiple times and was very careful to alway align the pin into the slotted opening which is facing towards the front of the vehicle in front of the stabilizer link.

Notice the hole below the link nut; a mirror hole is on the opposite side.
Attached Images

DarthSid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 10:06 PM   #111
DarthSid
Pole Position

ShawnOk, here is a better view of the leveling arm setup. I ran outside and snapped a photo just for you.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-14, 08:18 PM   #112
ShawnOk
Lead Lap

Thanks for the photos Darth. I truly wish I had known about this issue and warned my mechanic about the sensor before having him install the rear bar. Now it seems like I'm going to have to go to Lexus to have the Warning System Sensor readjusted. (in addition to newER bushings that are needed). Just another waste of money for not having all the facts before taking on this mod. Hindsight's always 20/20.
Old 07-30-14, 09:33 PM   #113
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

shawni
I gave you guys the best sway bar upgrade 17mm going. I said I used the stock ISF rear bushings an they happen to be round. if you used the ISF stock bushings from the start you would not of had any problem. they are the same bushings on the 430sc but not 12mm. I said I got a front 28.6mm bar from Canada which is a solid bar. I did not know the swell's is tubular not solid how wound I no that.
darthsid found out Fig Engineering made a 17mm bushing from a IS300 that works. I ordered them just got mine. I was going to try using the Mevotech links he told me they don't work so I sent mine back and ordered the one he used. if darthsid did't find this out I would using the stock ISF bushings. I found a great upgrade now it needs tweeking.
when you lower a car you need to change the links for the bars to work properly. this was told by Fig Engineering 1" or more.

Last edited by bacardi11; 07-31-14 at 07:24 AM..
Old 08-05-14, 04:41 PM   #114
DarthSid
Pole Position

Bacardi11 I just received an email confirmation from the sway bar distributor they shipped my front sway bar today. I hope to have the correct bar second go in a week. FedEx just delivered my Megan LP Coilovers that Tommy from the Music Box will install this weekend. Can't wait!
Attached Images

Old 08-05-14, 07:31 PM   #115
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

darthsid
called shop they will install the rear links and bushings and front links and bushings Friday
Old 08-06-14, 01:49 PM   #116
WIL44
Lead Lap

WILLSY44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSid View Post
Bacardi11 I just received an email confirmation from the sway bar distributor they shipped my front sway bar today. I hope to have the correct bar second go in a week. FedEx just delivered my Megan LP Coilovers that Tommy from the Music Box will install this weekend. Can't wait!
I have had the Megan EZ's on for over three years now and although I have converted them to air bags I have had no problems, you will love them.

Cheers
Steve
Old 08-16-14, 02:37 PM   #117
DarthSid
Pole Position

I had my Megan LP Coilovers installed last weekend by Tommy. He did a fantastic job. I have a front drop of one inch and the rear just a hair over one inch. I have an aggressive tire setup with front: 255/35/20 and rear: 285/30/20. The front wheels are 9" and the rear 10.5". The dampers are set at 17 to give an OEM ride. I have zero rubbing issues. This morning I reinstalled my OEM 26mm front sway bar because I was having a difficult time locating a solid core 28.6mm sway bar. The 26mm OEM front sway bar weighs 14 pounds with a solid core, and the hollow core 28.6mm front weighs 9 pounds. I left the 17mm rear sway bar in place because I have notice an improvement in how the rear has more stability vs the 12mm OEM rear sway bar.

The change over was my personal preference based on experts I consulted and literature I read on hollow vs solid core sway bars. If I'm lucky and locate a 28.6mm solid core front sway bar, I will make the upgrade. For know I'm sticking with my 26mm solid core sway bar.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-14, 03:27 PM   #118
tmf2004
10 years on Clublexus
Trader Score: (12)

anthonymichael34

SC looks great... nicely done with the drop and BBK

2011 Vossen Clublexus Contest Winner

1999 GS400
2012 Kia Optima SWP TURBO

Past: 88 Samurai--87 mustang LX GT conv--95 Mustang GT auto--97 Lexus Es300
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Drone is overrated......let the V8 breathe!
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 10:33 AM   #119
loveslexus
The Dog Whisperer
Trader Score: (2)

This is the most confusing thread ever.....so in the end does anything work right?

(And a NSX-T and other sweet rides)
loveslexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 10:52 AM   #120
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

buy the 2009 ISF rear sway bar with bushings and install good to go done.
Old 09-08-14, 10:52 AM