SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Brembo Big Brake Kit SC430 Rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-14, 10:27 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

That is awesome! I want these brakes so badly! What did the entire project run you- front, rear? rotors, parts and shop time?
Old 04-20-14, 11:01 AM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ironically both front and rear BBK were the same price. The difference was the time frame. The front end was done two years ago at $3.9K including installation. The rears were special order since Brembo discontinued the rears for our model several years ago. Through a number of emails and phone calls I was able to get the rears for $3.7k including tax. There is a two year delay between mods because the information for the rears was not made available to me by Brembo rep back then. Yes, the mod is not cheap, but rotors fill up the void between the wheels. The fronts are 14" two piece rotors with the rears at 13.5" two piece as well. Both front and rear calipers are four piston. The rear calipers are smaller in size but much larger than the OEM calipers. All brake lines are steel braided. My next project I'm considering are new three piece wheels.
Attached Thumbnails Brembo Big Brake Kit SC430 Rear-image.jpg  
Old 04-20-14, 12:32 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DarthSid
Ironically both front and rear BBK were the same price. The difference was the time frame. The front end was done two years ago at $3.9K including installation. The rears were special order since Brembo discontinued the rears for our model several years ago. Through a number of emails and phone calls I was able to get the rears for $3.7k including tax. There is a two year delay between mods because the information for the rears was not made available to me by Brembo rep back then. Yes, the mod is not cheap, but rotors fill up the void between the wheels. The fronts are 14" two piece rotors with the rears at 13.5" two piece as well. Both front and rear calipers are four piston. The rear calipers are smaller in size but much larger than the OEM calipers. All brake lines are steel braided. My next project I'm considering are new three piece wheels.
Fantastic job Sid, but soooo expensive.
Obviously your car is pre 2006, but the suspension components look brand new, what year/mileage is it? Or is it just that you live in sunny California?

Cheers
Steve
Old 04-20-14, 02:01 PM
DarthSid
Pole Position

My car has 24k miles. When I wash it, the under carriage and wheel wells also receive a good cleaning. To this day I get compliments on the condition on how I keep my car. Yes I live in sunny California.
Old 04-21-14, 08:11 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Wow, 24K miles, no wonder! Beautiful. Thanks again for the Cusco lead. Now I have to change my Injen intake box so the engine bay will look more professionally done!

I need some aluminum plates in there.
Old 04-21-14, 08:18 AM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Thanks. Best of luck on your mod.
Old 04-21-14, 12:19 PM
WIL44
Instructor

My car has 24k miles. When I wash it, the under carriage and wheel wells also receive a good cleaning. To this day I get compliments on the condition on how I keep my car. Yes I live in sunny California.
Mine has 51k miles and looks nothing like yours underneath. I jet wash mine underneath frequently (in fact I did it today), but unfortunately the salt they put down in the winter takes its toll.
Are the camber adjusting bolt and the strut bolt the originals, mine are covered in rust?

I wash/wax mine more than I drive it and get compliments too, but they don't look underneath. lol

Cheers
Steve
Old 04-21-14, 12:51 PM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Mine are the original parts. No salt on our roads in Southern California, just on our fries.
Old 04-22-14, 12:55 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Mine are the original parts. No salt on our roads in Southern California, just on our fries.
Of course you mean on your 'chips'. lol
Old 04-22-14, 02:26 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow thats very nice DarthSid Could imagine it works perfect now!!

is it possible maybe to get some part numbers? The Brembo discs and calipers are used for alot of different cars. Only the brackets are different.

Could be cool to get a set of brackets and then maybe be lucky to find a used set of calipers and get them resprayed and refurbished like i did with mine. That would be half the price if not less, and i need to get them pained same color as the fronts anyway

And yeah your car looks like new underneath. Those camber adjustment bolts haha. Mine looks almost like that too. But i would love to live in Cali
Old 04-22-14, 05:19 PM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Yes, since I'm using my iPad it makes it a bit difficult when it comes to attaching pictures, so I'll send the info in several responses. The attached picture is for the rear Brembo rear kit. The specs were provided to me via email by the Brembo contact. Please refer to the lower right hand corner on the picture and you will notice the part number has been deleted by the manufacture. Here is the part number I received from Brembo North America since the item is still available but discontinued.
I own an 02 coupe which was communicated to Brembo.

SPECIAL ORDER 01+ LEXUS SC430 Rear- 345mm, 4-Piston

The rear rotors are a drilled two piece at 345mm in diameter with D bonnet bolts to hold the rotor to the housing. The calipers are a four piston unit. Buyer needs to specify the color. Braided steel lines are also a standard part of the kit.

I will send the front diagram in the next picture.
Old 04-22-14, 05:29 PM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Here is one side of the rear kit in the box.
Old 04-22-14, 05:31 PM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Rear rotor.
Old 04-22-14, 05:32 PM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Rear Caliper.
Old 04-23-14, 01:13 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks alot for the quick info DarthSid. A shame you already installed it. Would have been nice with the part numbers ingraved in the D cup part of the rotors and also the ingraved part numbers on the brackets that holds the caliper in place. i wonder if those D cups are used on other cars, but otherwise it would "only" be the rotors and brackets that needed to be ordered from Brembo. Its possible to find used 4 pot calipers like the ones you have with the kit. Already spend ALOT of money on this project haha, so i need to look for used parts if possible

Now that i know its possible to get rear Brembo kit for our cars its a MUUUST HAAAAVE!!!

Congrats on your purchase

Quick Reply: Brembo Big Brake Kit SC430 Rear