SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Rear Ended Today

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-14, 06:13 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Ended Today

On my way home from a client showing, in the really nasty commute traffic in North DFW, I got rear ended by a young woman following too closely, listening to her iPod. I've alredy put in a claim and am scheduled to talk to an adjuster tomorrow. I hate this. This means now the car will have a Carfax boo-boo and it just makes me pissed. It is my single biggest pet peeve - people who tailgate.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-21-14, 08:25 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

wow sorry to see this.. you seem to be having bad luck.. first the front and now the rear and I definately hate tailgaitors too really bad!!!! . well im sure itll be repaired to brand new but all i would worry about is insurance giving you the money you lost in the cars value. Lucky for her the SC is a very heavy and strong built car and that it wasnt pregnant lady or someone with a child in a light quality car...stupid idiots.. a lady once rear ended me in my A8L.. enough to move a 4500lbs car 3 feet forward.. I got 2 scratches in the rear.. her front was messed up, she was on the phone and couldnt slow down in time while I was at a red light waiting to turn left.. and then she tries giving me wrong info

anyhow sorry again and goodluck with that
Old 02-22-14, 05:14 AM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Sorry to hear that........and on such a beautiful SC430 (always been a huge fan of the Tigereye Mica).
Hopefully you had some other paint blemishes in the rear that now will be corrected.

I do know your frustration.........in December my SC430 was hit in the drivers door in a parking lot by a dumb@* who just backed out of his spot without looking at all. Ultimately, the car was repaired perfectly (i made them give me a new door shell vs. repairing), however, I now have a car fax boo boo too. Just take plenty of pics in good lighting so you can reassure anyone who buys your car of what the real damage was to vehicle (they'll always imagine worse).
Old 02-23-14, 06:22 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Taysdad
Sorry to hear that........and on such a beautiful SC430 (always been a huge fan of the Tigereye Mica).
Hopefully you had some other paint blemishes in the rear that now will be corrected.

I do know your frustration.........in December my SC430 was hit in the drivers door in a parking lot by a dumb@* who just backed out of his spot without looking at all. Ultimately, the car was repaired perfectly (i made them give me a new door shell vs. repairing), however, I now have a car fax boo boo too. Just take plenty of pics in good lighting so you can reassure anyone who buys your car of what the real damage was to vehicle (they'll always imagine worse).
Thanks guys. And Taysdad, thats a great idea - I'll be sure to get some before I drop it off tomorrow! I do have a call into my insurance company to go to her insurer about the diminished value. All great advice!
Old 02-24-14, 04:16 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bad karma bro, sorry to hear about your misfortune .
Old 02-24-14, 07:17 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

You can also put in a claim of "Diminished Value" as part of the repair costs...because a "wrecked" car is worth less than a "never done been hit" car.

I believe there's a standard formula for this that the insurance companies use.
Old 02-24-14, 10:56 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Wow, twice now in such a short period of time. So sorry to see that! It's bad enough that your car gets messed up but then to add insult to injury, you have to do without it for several weeks while it gets repaired, not to mention all the hassle of finding and dealing with all the insurance and repair folks. (Yep, been there, done that.)

Best of luck to you.
Harold
Old 02-25-14, 06:50 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Believe it or not, I got the call from the shop. They got every part TODAY, all OEM, no aftermarket. I mean, it was dropped yesterday morning! They have to replace the right muffler too because it was crushed in. Both tail pipes (so they match), the impact absorption device, back up light, license plate light and they are buffing the trunk because they saw a couple of surface scratches that may have been from the accident. Looks like a Monday delivery which would be a miracle - 7 day turnaround.

I'll post pics as soon as I pick it up.

Funny, but in the mail today I got my Dr. Colorchip shipment that I forgot I ordered to touch up some minor blems on the front.
Old 02-25-14, 07:10 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Such a painful sight, for sure. Glad everything is coming together with your repairs though! Good luck!
Old 02-26-14, 10:44 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Wow, that is really quick! PM me with the shop info in case I ever need them in the future.
Old 03-06-14, 06:31 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

I got my car back this morning and I only had time to snap a quick one with my iPhone but it looks GREAT. I was duly impressed. They buffed the entire car as well. Now my insurance company has to go after the doucheb*g agent at the other agency to get my deductible. I'm happy just having my ride home in her garage.

Old 03-07-14, 10:14 AM
Lexeffect
Driver

I'm very pleased to see such a professional outcome for your beautiful SC430! One of my concerns after seeing the damage to the rear of your vehicle, was the passenger side exhaust tip etc. They obviously took their time in correcting it and bringing it back to OEM spec. It is heartwarming to say the least that there are still tradesman out there that really care about doing a perfect job. Congratulations on a job well done and receiving your SC430 back!
Old 03-08-14, 05:26 AM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 76210Guy
I got my car back this morning and I only had time to snap a quick one with my iPhone but it looks GREAT. I was duly impressed. They buffed the entire car as well. Now my insurance company has to go after the doucheb*g agent at the other agency to get my deductible. I'm happy just having my ride home in her garage.

Looks great. They did a very nice job!
Old 03-08-14, 07:00 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexeffect
I'm very pleased to see such a professional outcome for your beautiful SC430! One of my concerns after seeing the damage to the rear of your vehicle, was the passenger side exhaust tip etc. They obviously took their time in correcting it and bringing it back to OEM spec. It is heartwarming to say the least that there are still tradesman out there that really care about doing a perfect job. Congratulations on a job well done and receiving your SC430 back!
They actually replaced BOTH exhaust tips so they would match. I was shocked. The parts list was almost three pages long - the most expensive part was the muffler, followed by the bumper cover. It came to $2.7K and change.

Old 03-08-14, 07:00 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What insurance company did the other driver have?

My daughter's car was t-boned once. We had State Farm and other driver had Allstate. The other driver was cited by the police. My State Farm agent suggested we go directly to Allstate rather than file with State Farm and have to go through collision coverage and go through the deductible recovery process.

I presented Allstate with the police report showing other driver was ticketed and cited. 2 hours later they called me back and accepted responsibility. They looked at the car and totaled it. I got a check in 2 days for more than I had paid for the car just 2 months prior.

JR

Quick Reply: Rear Ended Today