SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Key programming screwed up my door buttons 02 SC430

Old 10-03-13, 09:31 AM
marty99
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Key programming screwed up my door buttons 02 SC430

I've been trying to program the remote on 2 keys. With the sequence found online and in this forum, I did the insert/remove several times with no success. I then tried to turn the master key ON/OFF TWICE, which erases all the other remotes. Still did not program the new key, but now it seems to have affected my door lock buttons in the doors.

When I hit the lock buttons inside the car, the lock is sluggish, and I cannot repeatedly lock/unlock from the door switch. The second or third try gets a dull thud and the door lock only moves partially into the lock position.

Is it possible to reset the door locks so they again click in place with a nice, beefy motion?

Please help!
Marty

Last edited by marty99; 10-03-13 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-04-13, 06:12 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by marty99
I've been trying to program the remote on 2 keys. With the sequence found online and in this forum, I did the insert/remove several times with no success. I then tried to turn the master key ON/OFF TWICE, which erases all the other remotes. Still did not program the new key, but now it seems to have affected my door lock buttons in the doors.

When I hit the lock buttons inside the car, the lock is sluggish, and I cannot repeatedly lock/unlock from the door switch. The second or third try gets a dull thud and the door lock only moves partially into the lock position.

Is it possible to reset the door locks so they again click in place with a nice, beefy motion?

Please help!
Marty

What was the reason for re-programing? You do have at least one of the master keys? My 2005 sc I was able to buy another key and was able tp re-program it. There were a lot of sequences to go through open and close doors 8 times insert key then another step then insert known master key etc etc. You have to get the sequencing right. If it was successful the doors will unlock on there own if I remember correctly. Prior to your attempt to re-program were your doors working correctly ? There sounds like there is some other issue at work here. Is your battery in the car in good shape. Keep us posted . Godd luck
Old 10-04-13, 06:13 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by marty99

Please help!
Marty

What was the reason for re-programing? You do have at least one of the master keys? My 2005 sc I was able to buy another key and was able to re-program it. There were a lot of sequences to go through open and close doors 8 times insert key then another step then insert known master key etc etc. You have to get the sequencing right. If it was successful the doors will unlock on there own if I remember correctly. Prior to your attempt to re-program were your doors working correctly ? There sounds like there is some other issue at work here. Is your battery in the car in good shape. Keep us posted . Godd luck