SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Unwanted Attention

Old 09-25-13, 04:25 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Unwanted Attention

So. I came out of the grocery store today to find a few teenage girls taking photos of my car... with one sitting on the trunk and one standing in my back seat. Really.

When I approached and asked that they were doing as I hit the unlock button they all ran away giggling. Now I have scratches on my trunk and footprints on my back seats.

I knew I should have put up the top. It was the FIRST time I have ever left it down while I went in the store. <sigh> Pissed.

Old 09-25-13, 04:28 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

So, I assume you're married...

Sorry, just having a little fun! That sucks, I'd be pissed too.
Old 09-25-13, 04:35 PM
tofu
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lucky they didn't throw cigarette on your seats..
Old 09-25-13, 04:37 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

WTF!!! That's unbelievable!!! It's a real shame to hear that. I had a similar episode once and my blood pressure still goes sky high when I think about it. Back in 2001, I was at a stop light with my buddies in the car. Making use of the back seat, riding 4 deep. We are stopped at a stop light in the bar district in KC at Westport Rd, and out of nowhere some hoochie momma jumps up on my hood!!! Starts booty shaking and twerking, while people on the street are just cheering and screaming. My friends jump out of the car and drag her ghetto a** down to which her clique start trying to fight my friends. I put the car in park, and literally we're fighting in the street! Police came and broke it up, but the offender seemed to have disappeared. I was left with dents and footprints in my aluminium hood. $300 later and empty pockets, my hood was back to normal. Some people deserve to be taken out by natural selection. In your situation, I would have followed the girls and called the cops. Unbelievable.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 09-25-13 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-25-13, 05:02 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
WTF!!! That's unbelievable!!! It's a real shame to hear that. I had a similar episode once and my blood pressure still goes sky high when I think about it. Back in 2001, I was at a stop light with my buddies in the car. Making use of the back seat, riding 4 deep. We are stopped at a stop light in the bar district in KC at Westport Rd, and out of nowhere some hoochie momma jumps up on my hood!!! Starts booty shaking and twerking, while people on the street are just cheering and screaming. My friends jump out of the car and drag her ghetto a** down to which her clique start trying to fight my friends. I put the car in park, and literally we're fighting in the street! Police came and broke it up, but the offender seemed to have disappeared. I was left with dents and footprints in my aluminium hood. $300 later and empty pockets, my hood was back to normal. Some people deserve to be taken out by natural selection. In your situation, I would have followed the girls and called the cops. Unbelievable.
In 1969 I parked my 1967 corvette went into a store came out and there was a business man type in a skinny tie wash and where pants. He had his brief case sitting on top of my hood and rustling through the files inside. I freaked out and told him to get crap off my hood he gave me a hard time and pushed me so I decked him. Cop was across the street saw it all. He came over and asked me if i wanted to press charges I told him no A bloody nose was all I wanted to give him. Why are people such *** h----
Old 09-25-13, 05:08 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

In Chicago about a month ago, I valeted my car at Tuscany on Taylor. I walked out with my girl after dinner and it's parked 1st car curb side and the valets are leaned up against it chatting up two coeds. I nearly lost my mind. I went off on them jokingly, "Are you serious? I caught you guys. That's not cool." They just laughed about it and opened the door for my girl... and then asked me for $6 for the valet. Scumbags. What is wrong with people.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 09-25-13 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-25-13, 05:19 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

LOL I seriously don't want to believe this. Are you sure you didn't pull up to a music video shooting? Lol One day I was in the supermarket and a guy approached me and said "I saw you drive up and I wanted to know what kind of rims you had on your car." It really made me realize how much attention the car gets. It makes me nervous thinking about what happens when we're not looking. :/
Old 09-25-13, 05:55 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah. It's interesting when the attention is GOOD and it really pissed me off when someone violated my space. What I found to be the worst part, and it happens so often these days, is that people have no ownership of their actions and feel "entitled" to do whatever they want, regardless of the way it may hurt another. Had I gotten all postal today, I would be the nasty 58 year old grump who was accosting the nice young ladies.

Tonight I filed a police report for vandalism. The cop laughed and shook his head as if I was interrupting his donut break. That made me even more pissed. LoL

Reminds me of the car alarm in SF years ago that when you got too close it screamed "GET AWAY FROM THE CAR!!"

Guaranteed I will never leave my top down again. For sure.

Old 09-25-13, 06:01 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 76210Guy
Yeah. It's interesting when the attention is GOOD and it really pissed me off when someone violated my space. What I found to be the worst part, and it happens so often these days, is that people have no ownership of their actions and feel "entitled" to do whatever they want, regardless of the way it may hurt another. Had I gotten all postal today, I would be the nasty 58 year old grump who was accosting the nice young ladies. Tonight I filed a police report for vandalism. The cop laughed and shook his head as if I was interrupting his donut break. That made me even more pissed. LoL Reminds me of the car alarm in SF years ago that when you got too close it screamed "GET AWAY FROM THE CAR!!" Guaranteed I will never leave my top down again. For sure.
I can't believe the gall. I make sure to not even brush up against someone's car in respect. Wow. Just wow.
Old 09-25-13, 07:40 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

76210Guy, sorry to hear about that. you should definately keep the roof up!!!! I use to leave my roof down until I saw bird poop on my rear seat (damn you birds).. and many times while in a store I could see people outside leaning on the car to look inside, Its annoying!!! after I got a door ding which cost me 300$ to remove, I put a visible double side dash cam, it seems to keep most people away.

aside from the door dings which really **** me off, I was in downtown on a weekend, while waiting for friends a few drunk girls approached and really liked the car, so one asked if she could sit in, ofcourse I couldnt say no as she was ... so i opened the driver side door and she sat inside like a normal human should. while the rest took pics, her larger friend came and PUT HER LEGGG OVER THE PASSENGER DOOR RESTING WHILE HER SHOE ON MY SEAT :O and she was like resting on the door posing for a pic. I was super but trying my best to polite.. so I said " what the hell are you doing, never seen a door before, get off please " she doesnt say sorry or anything but says can 4 of us get in? im like actually you wont fit.. lol i think she thought im referring to her size :/ shes like thanks, im like what? .. she walks away. the sweetheart in the passenger seat stayed until my friends showed up, then i had to go Lol. luckily my passenger door was alright ..

man some people just need manners

Last edited by 416tt; 09-25-13 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-30-13, 05:19 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In Chicago about a month ago, I valeted my car at Tuscany on Taylor. I walked out with my girl after dinner and it's parked 1st car curb side and the valets are leaned up against it chatting up two coeds. I nearly lost my mind. I went off on them jokingly, "Are you serious? I caught you guys. That's not cool." They just laughed about it and opened the door for my girl... and then asked me for $6 for the valet. Scumbags. What is wrong with people.
People have no respect for other people's property! Disgraceful!
Old 09-30-13, 02:18 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

When you drive the SC or any other cool car, you should expect it coming. I was being approach by so many people in various parking lot, traffic light, my drive way, & hotel valet.

Most are positive, but few almost freak me out. There are all kind of people out there.....just be-careful.

One incident in a supermarket parking lot, a guy approach me and start talking good about my SC, then he said he just started a auto detail shop and immediately spray some cleaner on fender and start rubbing. I lost it for a second and told him to stop. WTF, I just wash/wax it, it don't need cleaning of any kind!! Out of no where, he said I'm over reacted & told me he own a shop. When I ask him for a business card, he gave me a church card. yes, its a card with a Church & presit name and he wrote his name on the back with a phone# and claim thats his business card.

Speechless, I just warn him to stay away. Have to cancel my shopping plan as this guy just wondering the lot. Who know what he would do when I'm shopping inside!