Originally Posted by Bdpgs430
Your car looks so smooth. Very classy. Good job
Thanks for the compliment!
Old 09-28-13, 03:09 PM
b3player
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
So how did you actually wire this set up? Did you lose the high beam when you did this?
I actually had some 9005 LEDs in place of the high beam bulbs that I took out. These used a decoder. So I simply wired the new LEDs to the decoders.

When I switch on the high beams the new LEDs come on. I rarely use high beams. I get people flashing me with the regular headlight HIDs on lol. They are so bright by themselves.
Old 09-28-13, 03:13 PM
b3player
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by StillLine
That looks great! Wish I would have thought of that. Nice job b3player!

They are all the same. Go back to the beginning of this thread and discover the answer to your question.

StillLine
Thanks StillLine! Yours look great as well. Thanks for sharing what LEDs you got. They came fast from Chicago. I thought I would hate the yellow, but you don't notice it unless you are trying to look under that chrome bar when car is off. If I try to paint black over it, it probably would not be bright.
Old 10-26-13, 02:40 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Default Switched power

I want to wire these up so they are on when the car is running. Is there a source of switched power under the hood or do I have to grab it from inside the car?
Old 10-27-13, 06:00 AM
igorxx
Driver

Default LED's to SC430

I got the same ones. They cost less and fit perfectly on the SC430. I have had mine for 6 months and have had no trouble. I hooked my up with a buss fuse piggyback to radio 2 fuse found under the passenger side kick plate.
Old 10-27-13, 12:07 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bt430
I want to wire these up so they are on when the car is running. Is there a source of switched power under the hood or do I have to grab it from inside the car?
Originally Posted by igorxx
I got the same ones. They cost less and fit perfectly on the SC430. I have had mine for 6 months and have had no trouble. I hooked my up with a buss fuse piggyback to radio 2 fuse found under the passenger side kick plate.
So igorxx, does the way you hooked them up accomplish what bt430 is wanting to do? In other words, are your LED lights switched with the ignition where they are on any time the car is running and off when you turn the key off?
Old 10-27-13, 05:22 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by StillLine
So igorxx, does the way you hooked them up accomplish what bt430 is wanting to do? In other words, are your LED lights switched with the ignition where they are on any time the car is running and off when you turn the key off?
I used that method and it worked just like I needed it to looks great!

Thanks!
Old 10-29-13, 04:24 AM
bt430
Pole Position

Default Pretty darn bright!!

Thanks to everybody on this thread for the help!

Old 02-13-14, 10:12 AM
sorka
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So I got mine today. I have a 2007. However, I don't think there's enough surface area to attach the adhesive to. 80% of the adhesive won't touch anything due to the slits being so narrow.
Old 02-15-14, 04:51 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

Went ahead and installed them today. Hoping for the best with the adhesive. Doesn't seem like a real kosher way to mount them.

The wiring is stealth. You can see it anywhere except where it sneaks into the engine compartment fuse box.

I tied it to the IG2 relay so that the DRLs would always come on when the ignition key is in the on position.

I measured the current draw. Amazingly they only take 0.81 amps or about 10 watts. That's for both combined. Amazing they are so bright for so little draw.

Old 02-15-14, 04:57 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bt430
Some of you have asked about fuses. You're asking the wrong question. If you want them to come on when the ignition switch is turned on, you need to hook it up to a relay that comes on when the switch is turned on. I chose the IG2 ignition relay. It's the single black relay in the engine compartment fuse box. Not the engine compartment relay box which has only relays on the drivers side, but the fuse box on the passenger side.

The lead you want is the upper right one if you were standing in front of the car facing it.

To be sure, use multimeter. With it you can find ground, 12 volt supply, and the lead to the ignition module. The fourth one measures 370 something ohms which you shouldn't use. For some reason, the one you do want measures 79 K Ohms. No doubt that's the the ignition resistance path to the other side of ground.

Since the draw is only .8 amps, don't worry about increasing the fuse size which is also in the same compartment.
Old 02-15-14, 05:07 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Thumbs up Look good!

Originally Posted by sorka
So I got mine today. I have a 2007. However, I don't think there's enough surface area to attach the adhesive to. 80% of the adhesive won't touch anything due to the slits being so narrow.

Lookin' good sorka! I used a 90 degree bracket and ultimately the lights are attached to the bracket and the bracket is attached to the underside of the chrome bar. It's hard to see in the attached photo but if I did it again, I would have shaped the brackets so the lights would tuck up a bit closer to the chrome bars. No big deal though because they look just fine when they are on. Yours should be OK because the adhesive on the back side of the lights is very strong.

Last edited by StillLine; 10-04-14 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Update photo links
Old 02-17-14, 10:31 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...og-lights.html

Checkout post #12.
Old 01-17-16, 11:32 AM
Buggeroff6
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems like the light is thrown in all direction..how can this be a fog or drivng/spot light? What are the beam characteristics?
Old 01-17-16, 09:17 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Default Daytime Running Lights

Originally Posted by Buggeroff6
Seems like the light is thrown in all direction..how can this be a fog or drivng/spot light? What are the beam characteristics?
Yes, the light is dispersed broadly without focus or beam. As such, these work exactly as intended as daytime running lights and are visible from nearly any angle.

Quick Reply: My new LED DRL's installed