SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Center wood panel with radio open close button

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 12:35 PM
fj40ih8mud
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am confused.... did you not find the wire at all?

Seems like mine was coming from the behind the radio. I broke the connection when I pulled it out and had to hot glue it in place. If I recall it went back and to the left.
Old 06-03-13, 01:10 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

So while I was doing my media installation, I noticed that my wood panel button stopped working altogether. I almost freaked out, but then I just pushed the wires into the connector with some force, thinking maybe i "stretched" it too much when removing the center console. It started working again. Maybe an easy fix before removing it completely and buying a new one for some ungodly amount from Lexus; try to just push the wires in to reestablish contact. Otherwise the whole switch does remove as one whole unit. It has two tabs on the side that push in, and then you can bench test it as well as the 2 contact harness that powers it. As a side note, I do believe the harness that is on the underside of the wood grain center console (near gear selector) might have to be connected for this switch to be active.
Old 06-03-13, 01:16 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex818
is this where my missing part with connect too? I dont see any other unplugged connectors. (besides that emergency phone thing)

It looks like both ends of the connects are still attached and the previous owner just cut the cables to remove the unit
Alex818, I believe the connection to this push button switch is to the left of where you've circled red in post #14. It's a red and yellow wire in a jacket. I believe that connects to the actual switch assembly.
Old 06-03-13, 03:56 PM
Alex818
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shawn you're right. I just opened it up. Pulled out that wire and found a connection socket. So i'm all ready for the purchase although ive been considering the $120 investment.

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Alex818, I believe the connection to this push button switch is to the left of where you've circled red in post #14. It's a red and yellow wire in a jacket. I believe that connects to the actual switch assembly.
Old 06-03-13, 07:12 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisv78
I am confused now. I would like to order this part from Sewell, but cannot figure out how to use the CL discount. I called Sewell, and the nice lady on the phone said I should insert my CL member number in the order somewhere. She said that is what she always tells people when they ask. I tried my member login name in the discount code area, but that didn't work. Can someone please help?
Go to http://lexus.sewellparts.com/

At the very top of the page register where you see login/register

Discount will automatically be applied.

If you've already put something in your cart you will have to log off and log back on first, then put it in your cart for the discount to take.

JR
Old 06-04-13, 04:35 AM
chrisv78
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
Go to http://lexus.sewellparts.com/

At the very top of the page register where you see login/register

Discount will automatically be applied.

If you've already put something in your cart you will have to log off and log back on first, then put it in your cart for the discount to take.

JR
Thanks. What I figured out was that when I originally registered and identified myself as a CL member, I had made an error (not a long enough password). When I fixed that, the identification had to be re-completed - which was below the screen so I didn't see it. This is a field you cannot edit, so you have to reregister. Works now -- thanks!
Old 04-11-21, 11:26 AM
buddhi
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

That Sewell Parts page for their discount seems to have changed. How does one get their discount now?

I, too, need to order this wood door button switch. 84931B aka 8493124030

My wood door button is missing, but the door switch operated if I inserted a screwdriver. Then it stopped working.
Recently noticed the cig lighter does not work and I may have read somewhere that the cig lighter and stereo
wood door switch are on the same circuit. Is there a fuse somewhere, or another possible reason they'd stop working?
Apparently that small button is attached to the $130 switch and not available separately.
Old 04-11-21, 11:54 AM
Raven01750
Racer

Received 332 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by buddhi
That Sewell Parts page for their discount seems to have changed. How does one get their discount now?

I, too, need to order this wood door button switch. 84931B aka 8493124030

My wood door button is missing, but the door switch operated if I inserted a screwdriver. Then it stopped working.
Recently noticed the cig lighter does not work and I may have read somewhere that the cig lighter and stereo
wood door switch are on the same circuit. Is there a fuse somewhere, or another possible reason they'd stop working?
Apparently that small button is attached to the $130 switch and not available separately.
Well, hate to mess up a perfect plan but that post was from 2013. Might be just a little out of date! 😉

Paul
Old 04-11-21, 11:55 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 384 Posts

I don't think Sewell is active anymore (But I haven't checked) You can use http://MYLParts.com They are a Club Lexus sponsor and they offer a 10% discount

You can probably buy a used assembly cheaper than buying the switch. Goto Ebay and do a search for sc430 ashtray
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...er+console+oem

As far as the fuse goes, read this post:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...t-working.html

Old 04-11-21, 12:40 PM
buddhi
Pit Crew

10% discount! Was hoping for like 60% (they can certainly afford it), but whatever. Is there a trick to qualifying for that 10%?

Visited my Lexus dealer down the road for an upper radiator hose clamp. They wanted $36 but luckily were out of stock.
Odd since that hose clamp is common to 10 Lexus models and would be needed for just about any radiator work. The other
three dealers in my area had it in stock for $13.85 with shipping, with shipping being more than half the total cost. Not even
overnight shipping either.

The fuse thread was good and thanks for that. Did not see anything about the wood door switch on the same circuit so I may
be mistaken they're on the same circuit. One way to find out.

Them's some good looking wheels on your silver SC.
Old 04-11-21, 01:49 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by buddhi
10% discount! Was hoping for like 60% (they can certainly afford it), but whatever. Is there a trick to qualifying for that 10%?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...parts-com.html

The following users liked this post:
buddhi (04-11-21)
Old 04-11-21, 01:57 PM
buddhi
Pit Crew

Excellent, thank you very much.
Old 04-11-21, 07:47 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Sewell changed their website years ago unfortunately. They used to be very helpful to club members, not to mention a bit of a discount. That's all gone now.
Old 04-12-21, 11:48 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Try DiscountPartsMonster. They are a Lexus dealer in Florida and have the lowest prices.

I recently ordered pads and rotors and one rotor wasn't included. One email later it was on its way. So I had a good experience.

One thing to do is put items in the cart and go through the process where you put your email. If you don't complete the transaction they will probably email you a discount code.

Ed

The following users liked this post:
buddhi (04-12-21)
Old 04-12-21, 12:34 PM
buddhi
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SC300Es
Try DiscountPartsMonster. They are a Lexus dealer in Florida and have the lowest prices.

I recently ordered pads and rotors and one rotor wasn't included. One email later it was on its way. So I had a good experience.

One thing to do is put items in the cart and go through the process where you put your email. If you don't complete the transaction they will probably email you a discount code.

Ed
I appreciate that info!

Quick Reply: Center wood panel with radio open close button