Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Rear Head Rest

Old 05-26-13, 05:59 PM   #1
Moondog
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default Rear Head Rest

Thanks for all the help in the past...I have one more question. My rear headrest (behind the passenger) has slipped and has moved...does anyone know how to remove the rear headrest?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 06:09 PM   #2
mrblister
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
Thanks for all the help in the past...I have one more question. My rear headrest (behind the passenger) has slipped and has moved...does anyone know how to remove the rear headrest?
If you are talking about the front seat passengers head rest there is a push tab on the base of one of the rods that go into the seat. Feel with your fingers and press when you are able to press it down then pull upward on the headrest, I am not sure I understand what you mean that the head rest moved. You can simple pull them forward or backward to change the angle with out removing them if that is what your issue is. In the owners manual there is a picture of the button you press.
2005 SC430 Pebble Beach nav tool back up camera vias sirius radio daizen front & rear anti sway greaseable zerks blitz throttle controler windscreen deflector 8 disk dvd trunk changer dvd/tv tuner in glove box r1 slotted & drilled rotors,axis pads 20 " donz genovese staggered toyo t1 proxies toms tower strut bar cnc aluminum frame stiffiner plates lux link remote start remote top 1/4 window mod phone hack & beat sonic nav overide lots of led bulbs lexus logo door projectors 2004 GX470
mrblister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 06:10 PM   #3
Moondog
Rookie

No, I am referring to the rear headrest behind the passenger.
Old 05-26-13, 06:44 PM   #4
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant
Trader Score: (5)

The rear headrest is not removable. It houses the protective beam that stabilizes the car in the event of a rollover.

So, the question is, how the hell could it move?

Pics?

Lexus (you know...), Ducati Multistrada 1200, Harley Davidson Muscle Rod
PhilipMSPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 06:57 PM   #5
Moondog
Rookie

The leather on the headrest has moved.
Attached Images

Old 05-26-13, 07:07 PM   #6
mrblister
Lexus Champion

Now your talking. When asking for help its a good idea to show pics when possible. There have been other members that have had this issue. I believe it was a repairable by a upholstery shop.
2005 SC430 Pebble Beach nav tool back up camera vias sirius radio daizen front & rear anti sway greaseable zerks blitz throttle controler windscreen deflector 8 disk dvd trunk changer dvd/tv tuner in glove box r1 slotted & drilled rotors,axis pads 20 " donz genovese staggered toyo t1 proxies toms tower strut bar cnc aluminum frame stiffiner plates lux link remote start remote top 1/4 window mod phone hack & beat sonic nav overide lots of led bulbs lexus logo door projectors 2004 GX470
Old 05-26-13, 07:23 PM   #7
Alex818
Driver

How's this... http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-4...enna-woes.html (view the PDFs)

and ...http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexu...all-sc430.html
Alex818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 07:39 PM   #8
Moondog
Rookie

Alex, that helps...easier than I thought. I won't be able to do it for a couple of days, but, if I can fix it I will post some pics. Thanks Keith
Old 05-26-13, 08:00 PM   #9
mrblister
Lexus Champion

Default head rest back

This is what you will be dealing with once you remove back of the head rest. the leather is stapled
Attached Images

Old 05-27-13, 06:46 AM   #10
tromly
Lexus Champion

Our forum members are the best ! Great info guys!
Old 05-27-13, 07:53 PM   #11
Moondog
Rookie

Absolutely, thank you very much! I will post some pictures later.... I will get this done later in the week. I had to do some traveling or some work... :-)
Old 05-28-13, 04:23 PM   #12
JohnnyCake
Lexus Test Driver

This thread has the exact problem where the leather has pulled away from the head rest. The pictures in that thread look just like yours.
2006 Lexus SC430 - Smoky Mica Granite with Black interior. MODS: DISABLED Nav data entry lockout when in motion; DISABLED phone entry lockout when in motion; DISABLED "I agree" screen; DISABLEDSeat belt chime ADDED: Remote Functions via Cell Phone; LuxLink; NavTool Backup Cam; Sirius XM Radio; Vais iPod adapter; Blitz cabin filter.
JohnnyCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 06:38 PM   #13
ShawnOk
Lead Lap

I'm such an idiot! FML I took my head rests off while refoaming my rear speakers and dropped a nut from the back of the head rest unit on the driver's side into the mechanical area right below it when buttoning everything back up. I did everything I could to try to find it; no luck. Top halfway up, quarter up, quarter down, halfway down. Even used a magnetic pick up tool, and still nothing. Really scared it's going to end up in one of the gears and boom... K.I.A. The milisecond I felt it fall through my fingers, I literally screamed, "Ohhh no!" Anyone got any ideas?

Ps. it's the associated nut that attaches to the bolt in MrBlister's Post #9.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 05-28-13 at 06:45 PM..
ShawnOk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 06:52 PM   #14
mrblister
Lexus Champion

You should be able to just remove the seat back and the bottom and do a search for the missing nut. It might be easier to find it a day later when your fresh. As a foot note to this when I am removing or re-installing nuts I paint them with a high glow neon dye for just this possible issue. A dab of air condition leak test dye can go a long way to help you find a missing part Especially when its challenging to get to the nut or screw.. Take your time you will find it and you will have peace of mind .
Old 05-28-13, 11:38 PM   #15
Alex818
Driver

When you're ready to sell remind us to avoid purchasing your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnOk View Post
I'm such an idiot! FML I took my head rests off while refoaming my rear speakers and dropped a nut from the back of the head rest unit on the driver's side into the mechanical area right below it when buttoning everything back up. I did everything I could to try to find it; no luck. Top halfway up, quarter up, quarter down, halfway down. Even used a magnetic pick up tool, and still nothing. Really scared it's going to end up in one of the gears and boom... K.I.A. The milisecond I felt it fall through my fingers, I literally screamed, "Ohhh no!" Anyone got any ideas?

Ps. it's the associated nut that attaches to the bolt in MrBlister's Post #9.
Alex818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 11:38 PM