SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New SC430 member from Denmark

Old 01-02-13, 10:25 AM
TheDane
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Det er sgu et fedt projekt du har kastet dig i gang med! Fedt at se.. Kan huske da de første SC430'ere kom til DK.. Der var min far ved Toyotaimportøren i Middelfart.. Engang imellem skulle han over på havnen i Fredericia og dirigere biler når de skulle fra skibet.. og så var der lige sådan en med engang hvor jeg var med.. NØJ, hvor blev den 10-11-12-årige dreng bare helt vildt forelsket! Så fik man lige en tur fra færgen og ned til pladsen hvor den skulle stå

Cool project you've went into! Cool mate.. I remember when the first SC430's came to Denmark. Then my father were at the Toyota importer in Middelfart.. Once in a while he went to Fredericia to direct cars when they came off the ship.. Once I was with him there was your model at the ship.. WOW, that 10-11-12 year old kid I then was in love! And I've got a ride from the ship to its place at the harbor

Best regard
Endnu en dansker herinde
One more dane in here
Old 01-07-13, 06:29 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tak for det TheDane Ja det er sgu noget af et project jeg har rodet mig ud i. Og et dyrt et af slagsen Og det værste er at der lige ligger en dansk afgift og venter på at blive betalt før jeg kan køre i bilen. Øv øv øv. Men nu må vi se. Der er ihvertfald rigeligt med projekter til den næste tid, så nu må vi se om den kommer ud og køre i 2013 eller om det først bliver 2014. Vil gerne have den perfekt først Lyder meget fedt du som knægt har set de første komme til landet. Ja der kan vel ikke være mange af dem. Jeg har kun set 1 engang nord for kbh. Den her er fra Tyskland og er nærmest som ny i bunden osv. Det er virkelig lækkert at finde noget som ikke er rustet i alle beslag osv. Det sjove er at jeg faktisk aldrig rigtig har kunne lide denne model. Den har været lidt for spacy i mine øjne, men det er sjovt som den har været forud for sin tid og efter jeg så dem med de rigtige kit på, fælge osv så var jeg sgu solgt

Thanks alot TheDane Yeah it really is a big project i have going on. And an expensive one And the worst part is there is a laying a big import tax i have to pay to get plates on the car and drive it. But i have enought projects for the next few months, so lets see if its gonna be on the road in 2013 or i will wait until 2014. I want it to be perfect before driving it. Sounds nice that you have seen the first ones on the ships to Denmark. I dont think there would be so many here. I have only seen one before. North of Copenhagen. This one is from Germany and its almost like new in the bottom etc. Really nice to have something that is not rusty in every bracket etc. The funny things is that i actually never really liked this model. It was too spacy in my eyes. But its funny that it have been before its time and after seeing them with the right bodykit and wheels i was sold and needed to have one
Old 01-07-13, 03:41 PM
TheDane
Driver

hvad lyder afgiften på på sådan en bandit? :-)

how much is the import tax at such a bully? :-)
Old 01-08-13, 12:44 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Jeg vil tro de ligger på omkring 200 af de store. Kommer an på årgang, km osv osv. Det er surt man ikke bor et andet sted end bilfjendske Danmark når man er kæmpe bilnørd.

I think its around $35000. It depends on year and miles etc. Its a shame we are not living in another country without those high import taxes if you are a "car freak" like me.
Old 01-08-13, 01:39 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

$35,000 or $3,500? I can't believe it would be $35k!! I'd move!! Like that French actor just did!
Old 01-08-13, 02:31 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

$35K I assume. In Singapore, you have to shell out $100K just to have the right to purchase a car and own it. Then you have to park it someplace as well, that's a small fortune, too. Plus the cost of the car itself!

We are so pampered here in the US...
Old 01-08-13, 03:20 PM
TheDane
Driver

It would be $35.000, JUST for the import taxes.. It is INSANE here in Denmark, we pay the car like three times if we want it with license plates.. My Sport Cross list price here in Denmark as new was around $133.000, and that might be one of the reasons why it is so super rare here..
Many people takes their decision and move to another country, but comes back because of their social life.. They need family and friends around and then they have to pay for their cars..

Rollaboy, det var osse cirka hvad jeg ville have regnet med.. Det løber op det hele, men det er heldigvis ikke samme pris som da de var nye

Rollaboy, that was around what I thought it would be.. The better condition, the higher taxes.. But fortunately it ain't the same price as new

Last edited by TheDane; 01-08-13 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-08-13, 07:15 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

$35,000 tax..........holy crap

We are so lucky we live USA. I hope people understand that when people drive Lexus/BMW in country with 200%import tax , you guy are consider rich.

Here in the USA, people make $10~15/hour and drive them, only thing is they only have few dollars in their wallet. Many could only afford dinner at McDonald but still insist to drive a Luxury.

Last edited by grabber2; 01-08-13 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-09-13, 01:59 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Hehe yeah the $35000 is not a joke. I live in Copenhagen Denmark. I can drive over the bridge to Sweden in 20 mins and they dont pay these psycho taxes. Many i know where moving to Sweden a few years ago, but everyone have been coming back again. There have also been new rules and ricstrictions so you cannot just have a cheap flat in Sweden and drive around in Denmark etc. But like TheDane wrote, you have family and friends here so who would sit in a lonely flat with a Nice car down the street. But yeah the tax rules here is crazy. I pay alot more in import tax than i did for the car itself

A 2002 SC430 like mine was about $270.000 from new over here

Well.. i gotta go back to work and earn some more money
Old 01-09-13, 02:41 PM
TheDane
Driver

Haha, Great idea
Old 02-08-13, 04:18 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

I little update...

Pictures says more than a thousand words.. So here goes... Brembo's back from the painter. Candy red. I am pretty satisfied with the color.

Got some more stuff. Carbing radiator cooling plate. I want to get it polished so it matches the mirror finish like the intake pipes and the Cusco strut tower bar. Also got Work emblems that i like better and work lug nuts

But the Cusco strut tower bar was the wrong one. It lays on top of the engine cover so i did some searching and found out that i got the wrong one. This is for the GS not the SC So it got shipped back and waiting for the right one that fits without laying directly on the engine cover.

Carbon fiber i love this fabric.. All wood interior parts are getting covered.

Got the front bumber "almost ready for paint".

Cutting, welding and sanding. This job really is a time killer

Test fitting, cutting, adjusting, welding the plastic.

Reinforced the back with fiberglass

Turned out really nice i think. All that for a 06+ headlight conversion. But its worth it Also "shaved" the ugly amber position light in the bumber. Its clean now.

More to come
Old 02-08-13, 09:24 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Nice work. Keep it coming...the pics.
Old 02-08-13, 09:29 AM
bb430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But the Cusco strut tower bar was the wrong one. It lays on top of the engine cover so i did some searching and found out that i got the wrong one. This is for the GS not the SC So it got shipped back and waiting for the right one that fits without laying directly on the engine cover.
So the GS bolt on but just too low that it touches the engine cover???
Old 02-08-13, 11:25 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bb430
So the GS bolt on but just too low that it touches the engine cover???
If i remember it correctly when it was laying on top of the engine cover, there were about 5-10mm air between the tower bar and on some of the bolts holding it down to the chassis. I think it could have worked without the engine cover. So because i want the engine cover i shipped it back. Have to wait 6-8 weeks to get the right one.
Old 02-11-13, 08:08 AM
TheDane
Driver

Those brake calipers look nice! It sucks with the strut tower bar
Are you going to show it off here in Denmark this summer?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New SC430 member from Denmark