IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Weds yummy. Keep the pictures coming
Old 10-01-12, 04:23 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

looking good! .. cant wait to see some of the projects done..
Old 10-02-12, 08:10 AM
8Mile
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there neighbor ..... almost, nice to see that there are some Scandinavians on this pleasant and educational forum.

Just thought I'd say it looks promising your prodjekt,It will be nice to follow your modifications.

Greetings from
Stockholm
Old 10-02-12, 08:14 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice!

Looks super clean, and I love your choice in mods.
Old 10-08-12, 10:22 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys

I'm still waiting for my new xenon bulbs. I ordered some noname 6000k from HIDS4U.co.uk they look really nice but they have a loud buzz tone. Dont want to get my ballasters busted or anything so i have returned them and waiting for a refund.

But now i have ordered some Philips Ultinon 6000k 4DS. JDM

In the meantime i also installed the taillights. Wow, what a difference

Heres new vs old:

Fully installed:

I love LED

I am also in the PPE group buy here on CL. You guys should really check it out. Cant wait to get these babies

Also ordered Megan down pipe

Then i want the mid pipe:

and make some custom rear mufflers. Not one but two mufflers in each side. But i can only get the mid pipe if i buy the whole axle back system. So if anyone is interested in the rear muffler with tips please contact me and we can arrange the deal.

Burnt tips or normal:

Heres more pictures and info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ml#post7524031

why i want two single mufflers in each side instead of one big in the middle like oem, is that i want to cut out the floor of the trunk and make the trunk bigger so i can fit the airride system and big spare tire (for bbk) and still have some room for luggage. I know its crazy and its gonne be a huge modification
Old 10-08-12, 10:53 AM
Scarletti
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Great to see the write-up and pictures.

My cunning plan is to stick with the "classic" round light clusters which will look very distinctive when everyone else has LED's!
Old 10-08-12, 01:28 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

I must say you some $$ to spend. How do you find the prices of SC’s in Sweden compared to US?
Old 10-08-12, 01:28 PM
mandyfig

The best upgrade are the tails, did you get the chrome bulbs?
Old 10-09-12, 01:31 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Sweden is my neighboor country I know alot of people get confused and thinks Copenhagen is the capital of sweden. But no, Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark (Where i'm from) and Stockholm is the capital of Sweden. Well the prices on cars in Sweden are almost the same as in US i think. But when it comes to Denmark wooow thats a hole different story. When i buy a car in Denmark i pay for 3 cars. Yes you heard it right. If i lived in Sweden or any other place i could affort 3 cars instead of 1 Due to extreme high tax system on cars in Denmark. Its really a car unfriendly country Thats why a guy like me who loves cars, i should really move to Sweden. I know alot of people have done this but they all comes back. They get a bit lonely when they're not around friends and family. So its not worth it for a car.

The only positive thing is that i am "hopefully" the only one in my country to have a customized SC when i'm done. They are very very rare. in 10 years i have only seen 2 SC's and they were totally boring oem.

For the chrome bulbs, i am actually thinking about maybe some LED's instead. I just have to find some amber for the turn signals.

Well, i better go earn some more money now
Old 10-09-12, 01:02 PM
mandyfig

I like the LED for some ambers...gotta find them. My chromies are low in luminance (due to chrome). I need a sharp signal light.
Old 10-20-12, 03:14 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

A little weekend update. Still waiting for some small parts but there is still things to do.

Couldnt live with the amber bulbs so decided to try something different and cheap solution.

Original:

Sprayed a thin thin layer from a distance. Just enough so you barely cant see the amber through the silver:

Thats better:

No amber

And they light up just as much as before. Remember this is only a super thin layer:

Also got my Phillips D4S 6000k JDM xenon bulbs. They look reeeeeeelly nice irl Very glad i got those. Only $99 on ebay.

Began on my custom cold air intake project.

After some searching i found this to fit:

Cut cut cut. Everything got sanded. Zink spray, Color spray and rubber wire cut open and slided on to protect from scrubing off the paint.

Cut the empty plastic can open and fitted a tube. Melted it all together. Remember to have a open window. This is not healthy breathing.

Finally:

Fitted some mesh onto it so i dont get leaves and other things in there. I also relocated the two horns. Made custom brackets and everything. It maybe not look as much but this took almost a week total. This is not plug and play so its very time consuming. I also took the extra time to clean and protect everything with spray to prevent any rust.

Now i am waiting on some Samco fittings for the rest of the intake where i'm going to use the Injen intake tube and BMC carbon air filter.
Old 10-20-12, 07:30 AM
mandyfig

You are hard at work...results are great. Keep the pics coming and do not forget to take DIY pics in case some of us like to venture into your mods...keep it up.
Old 10-20-12, 08:33 AM
Scarletti
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder what impact the cold intake will have... shame you didn't have access to a dyno before and after and measure the MPG.

Still, nice work you are doing... makes for an interesting read!
Old 10-20-12, 09:02 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep the pics coming! I like what you're doing to the car.
Old 10-20-12, 09:59 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Thanks guys. Yeah i have hundreds of pics so just ask if there is something specific you wanna have a closer look at.

I test fitted the airfilter and startet the engine. When the temperature was at normal i reved it a little. It sounds great and it feels like the speeder response is alot better. Can't wait to take it for a spin. I dont think theres is that much of a gain with the air filter alone, but maybe a couple of horse powers. It sure helps with the cold air rather than hot air direct from inside the engine bay. But when i get the headers and rest of the exhaust installed the engine should really wake up and all the things together will give about 30-40 hp i guess. The headers is rated alone as 26 horses.

Quick Reply: New SC430 member from Denmark