SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lexus Warranty Fraud LB's Revenge

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-12, 05:32 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lexus Warranty Fraud LB's Revenge

A fresh post to keep track of what to do when Lexus denies your claim for repairs when you are covered by the Platinum Warranty.

Quick facts, My SC running at highway speeds lit up the VSC and No VSC light, and died. The diagnosis, engine, radiator, harness and assorted parts melted. Damage so great the dealer is unable to tell what the source of the damage was. To cause this kind of damage without the temp showing hot, it had to lose all coolant very fast, which is not a hose.

Lexus claims that in addition to my application and a six page pamphlet on the Platinum policy there is a third document that was never sent to me with additional exclusions that include damage from overheating. All my documents have no such exclusion. I still do not have this document, it takes three weeks for them to have one sent from the printer.

The Lexus dealer is charging me $1600 to tear down the engine so they can diagnose the car, the Lexus rep denies the claim, due to damage by overheating, dealer seeking $1600 to evaluate. No loaner car, no rental authorized during the review of this process, total cost of repair $24000.00 Dealer can repair car at my cost with used parts for $15000.00 Cars retail value $18000.00

Lexus offers nothing, will not provide anything in writing, no goodwill to provide a loaner car as for my two Lexus household, Warranty cost $3200 retail cost $4700. I will not rent a car for the time necessary for the suit, obviously not considering a Lexus / Toyota product for my next buy. I encourage you all to google consumer complaints Lexus, to review this common practice of Lexus in denying coverage. To assist the non-lawyers on the board, I will post the pleadings, and my efforts to hold Lexus accountable for fraud so that they no longer can write policies and commit fraud, I will update along the way, and fill you all in on the damages I am able to collect.
Old 09-12-12, 05:43 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Just read some posts off my last thread, and other forwarded questions, thought I would answer..

Yes, if there is ambiguity in the policy, it favors the insured.

No, you can not provide a six page pamphlet, and list exclusions on a document you mail to the consumer two years after the purchase of the contract.

Mandatory arbitration is not required if you can meet the prima facia case of fraud. I can file directly in Federal Court. Also the arbitration clause is in a document I never received.

Statements made by the selling dealer are binding, as the rule of agency, he is the agent for Lexus financial.

Every state has a version of an Insurance commissioner.

The car is covered by my auto insurance policy only if I can show road debris, or the like caused the damage. If the damage is from a mechanical malfunction, car insurance will not cover.
Old 09-12-12, 06:08 PM
husker741
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is much more worthy of being called fraud than the other guy's claim about his roof and deck bubble. This doesn't seem like Lexus. My dad has worked for them since they were established and I've never heard of Lexus treating someone like this. Is it just your dealer telling you this, or someone higher up in corporate?
Old 09-12-12, 07:13 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

The dealer is no problem. It is Lexus financial services that manages the warranty. The dealer would love to fill this repair bill.
Old 09-12-12, 07:21 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm sorry to hear this and I will definitely pursuit it to court. However, it will require a lot of efforts, time, and fees.

I do not believe in extended warranty and will never purchase one. The initial purpose of it was "Profit". Just like insurance, they try their best to avoid or minimize a claim. It also vary base on the personnel that handle the claim.

The extended warranty is like a game. You’ll win only if you know how to play it properly. After all, 60~70% of what consumer pays for their extend warranty are pure profit for the dealer.
Old 09-12-12, 07:22 PM
sebtown
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you take Lexus Corporate to the mat on this. Warranty and fraud...imagine
Old 09-12-12, 09:56 PM
husker741
Pole Position

My dad is the Finance and Insurance Manager at the Lexus here in town. I'll talk to him and see what he says about it.
Old 09-12-12, 10:04 PM
husker741
Pole Position

Did you buy the car and warranty through the dealer? If the dealer sold the warranty to you, they should be able to help you with the company that handles the warranty. Is it the Platinum warranty from the Mechanic and Resource group?
Old 09-13-12, 02:44 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

The warranty is the factory platinum policy, purchased from a Lexus dealer.
Old 09-15-12, 07:51 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

The Lexus adjuster finished his work, and never inquired about my service records or the manner in which I kept my car. They don't know what caused the loss of coolant, but with the Platinum warranty it had to be a covered part. claim denied. Lexus customer returned call from Jorge, we have decided to not assist you, not provide you a rental car while you dispute this claim, provide you no assistance, your claim is denied. JM Lexus in Florida claims to be shocked, they have done what a dealer can do, they are professional, and seem to want the repair business, but if Lexus won't pay, they can do little. Good dealer, recommended,

Today I bought a 2012 Hyundai Genesis 4.8L Black no Navi, 15000 miles for 26K. CPO Warranty for 5/60 powertrain 10/100. It is much faster than my LS, more comfortable, better MPG, great looking LEDs up front, a much better sound system than levinson, and what I think is a very fair price. I have to have a car to go to work, and having bought a new house this month, decided to spend little.

I will park my SC430 at my home, and when I win the suit, repair her, and sell her. I will keep my LS until it is no longer reliable. Without going into detail, due to pending litigation, the actions and statements of the Lexus reps are shameful. Beware all, again when all is done I will post what is needed to recover when Toyota breaches your CPO or service contract. Be well all...
Old 09-15-12, 09:06 PM
sebtown
Driver

Godspeed...
Old 09-15-12, 11:10 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in for a good read
Old 09-16-12, 06:46 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Please keep us informed on all the details as you can as you move forward including getting your SC fixed and back on the road. I'd love to hear how it turns out.

Last edited by Jabberwock; 09-16-12 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-16-12, 07:08 AM
eliotd
Rookie

Hyundai are much better than they used to be and they stand behind their product pretty well. Keep up with the updates and good luck with the litigation!

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 09-16-12, 07:34 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's a sad sad day for Lexus.

Quick Reply: Lexus Warranty Fraud LB's Revenge