SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lexus Warranty Fraud LB's Revenge

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-12, 08:34 AM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep us informed and JM Lexus is a great dealership too bad there is nothing more they can do to help.
Old 09-18-12, 07:05 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes JM is doing all they can do. The service manager David is a great guy. Pulled the trigger on a New Genisis, before signing the papers on the 4.6 and now have a 2012 with the 5.0 V8 429 HP 0-60 in 4.8 Much better car than our LS430, not as good as an LS460, but at half the price, no complaints.

I will miss LB a great deal, but Jenny seems to be enough car to nurse my wounds. Every time I see a SC430 on the road, I get a bit of a tear in my eye.

Last edited by KaiserSea1; 09-18-12 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-02-12, 07:15 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know how this happened but JM Lexus called me today, and Lexus sent him a new motor and authorized the complete repair of my car. No phone calls to me, or JM we are both dumb founded. I have to guess someone at Lexus financial corrected the denial, for which I am extremely grateful.

Now I have LB and a new Genesis. I have to decide which to keep, I can not afford to keep both. An unexpected problem I welcome..

Thank you all for your support.
Old 10-02-12, 07:35 AM
JPBJR
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is an unbelievable story! Please continue to keep us informed. Truly,I don't know which one I would keep. Good luck.
Old 10-02-12, 07:49 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

So now I know why LB is called LB
Old 10-02-12, 08:37 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrat.....maybe Lexus ha sbeen monitoring this thread & decide to not make it a big deal. Remember the eBay GTR incident?

keep LB of course!!!! it will your LB for years to come
Old 10-02-12, 09:42 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1
Now I have LB and a new Genesis. I have to decide which to keep, I can not afford to keep both. An unexpected problem ...
I would get rid of the SC and look for another.

Personally, I get rid of cars that start having major issues. (My story: my '04 SC430 developed abnormal transmission issues, and I got rid of her. Three years after we parted, here I am with another SC430 ). I'd keep an eye out for another SC in the future.

However, I wouldn't like to have an LS and Genesis together: they're too similar in function.

Good luck and keep us informed.
Old 10-02-12, 11:01 AM
Scarletti
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Firstly, congratz on getting a resolution to your problems.

The choice to either run a new Genesis or continue with the SC is tricky and one only you can answer.
  • The Genesis as a new car ought to give you few problems, but it is; a mass produced car, not a convertible, has no emotional investment in it by you etc.
  • The SC is the opposite; no longer produced, limited numbers in circulation and reducing as the years go by (IE modern classic), you put a lot of time and effort into the SC, it's a convertible. However it may have further issues in the future.

Personally, I'd stick with the SC if possible but you're going to take a hit on the Genesis aren't you if you did? So financially it sounds like you have to keep the Genesis.

Last edited by Scarletti; 10-02-12 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-02-12, 02:03 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

I have NO DOUBT whatsoever Club Lexus is read by folks at Corporate. Nice hearing they stepped in and did the right thing!!!
So now LB has a NEW heart...if it were my car I'd have them inspect the rest of her with a fine tooth comb, make any suggested repairs and enjoy the top down ride for years to come....but that's just me.

Last edited by VVTiBob; 10-02-12 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-02-12, 03:46 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I want to say it probably has somewhat to do with Lexus corporate as a whole reversing the wrong and doing the right thing.
Old 10-02-12, 04:10 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done KaiserSea!!! I love stories like this. I was curious, when something like this arises how do you find a good attorney?
Old 10-02-12, 05:57 PM
KBALL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. It would make sense if Lexus employees at all levels read forums like these.
Its their best window into consumers of their product.
Old 10-02-12, 08:00 PM
OBP
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

From someone who has test driven both the Genesis 4.6 and the 5.0, I am still happier with my 05SC430 as a daily driver. Just read the thread about the guy who went to the Hyundai dealer and everyone was drooling over his SC430 including the manager.

But by this I mean driving pleasure only. I guess considering the potential financial hit of selling a Genesis so soon after purchase is a matter for LB's owner.
Old 10-02-12, 08:07 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
I have NO DOUBT whatsoever Club Lexus is read by folks at Corporate. Nice hearing they stepped in and did the right thing!!!
So now LB has a NEW heart...if it were my car I'd have them inspect the rest of her with a fine tooth comb, make any suggested repairs and enjoy the top down ride for years to come....but that's just me.
I second that!!
Old 10-02-12, 10:51 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I would get rid of the SC and look for another.

Personally, I get rid of cars that start having major issues. (My story: my '04 SC430 developed abnormal transmission issues, and I got rid of her. Three years after we parted, here I am with another SC430 ). I'd keep an eye out for another SC in the future.

However, I wouldn't like to have an LS and Genesis together: they're too similar in function.

Good luck and keep us informed.
...well this sounds good, but we have to remember he's getting a new motor...thats the biggest expense this car could have, in my opinion. I'd drive it until the wheels fell off...lol..In his original post, I told my story about my 09' Malibu. Car was running fine & dandy, then it just lost power.After a week of taking things apart & scratching their heads, the dealership was authorized to replace the engine free of charge to me. It runs better now than when I first got it !!! Why not keep both, if thats manageable ???

Quick Reply: Lexus Warranty Fraud LB's Revenge