SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Aftersales thoughts..on way to dealer soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-12, 02:58 PM
eliotd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aftersales thoughts..on way to dealer soon

extended warranty...it's cpo so comes with 3 years 50k mile warranty, can extend it to five but around 1800 with same miles, of course more miles, more money... figure putting 12k to 15k a year in mileage, so will loose about 5 to 14 miles based on years, but is it worth the additional outlay to up the mileage with the 2 years?

IS the CPO and extended warranty cover the same things or is one better than the other?

Do they both include a rental?

Tire warranty...will have the run flats, last car she must have picked up at least 6 nails...absolute nail magnet, plus it covers the wheels.

scratch and dent coverage... they would come out and fix small dents and scratches.
(not handy with paint or waxing...put will learn the waxing part very soon!)

already picked up the interior protection since its ECRU! just in case!

it's monday leaving in about half an hour if you want to chime in with your thought, I would love the input, advice, thoughts, and suggestions.. and THANK YOU all in advance!
Old 08-13-12, 03:13 PM
def300s
Driver School Candidate

Ask the dealer about free car washes. One of the dealers here does them on all their newer certified cars. With I had thought to negotiate that in.
Old 08-13-12, 03:24 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would hold off on buying an extended warranty. $1,800 for two years and no additional milage sounds high. I believe you can buy an extended warranty later as long as it's still under the CPO warranty. toyota dealers can sell you the same Lexus warranty and they'll likely sell it for much less.

If it's a Lexus extended warranty and not a third party, I'm pretty sure they have the same coverage, but not positive.

As long as your car is serviced at Lexus, I believe they'll give you a loaner no matter who your warranty it through.

I'm not a fan of run flats. They ride like wagon wheels. I personally keep a portable air compressor in the trunk. It's the size of a first aid kit. For longer trips, I have a spare. In six years, I've only picked up one nail, but made it to the tire shop before it went flat. Your tire pressure sensors will tell you you're losing air well before you get a flat. You can also keep a can of fix a flat. But the guys at the tire store won't like you very much. It makes a horrible mess.

I'm not sure if you're asking if you should get scratch and dent coverage or saying that it's included. Personally, I park well away from other cars to avoid them in the first place.
Old 08-13-12, 03:28 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by def300s
Ask the dealer about free car washes. One of the dealers here does them on all their newer certified cars. With I had thought to negotiate that in.
I always ask the dealer not to wash my car even if it's free. I don't want their dirty rags scratching my paint.

But on the topic of freebies, I did ask them to tint my windows and got that thrown in for free. I waited until I beat them down as far as they would go on price. Then when they had the paperwork all drawn up, I said, "One last thing..."
Old 08-13-12, 03:42 PM
lexie
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
I always ask the dealer not to wash my car even if it's free. I don't want their dirty rags scratching my paint.
Me too!

I always wash my car BEFORE taking her for service. Also I put my seat covers on. (I bought the seat covers just for this occasion. )
Old 08-13-12, 03:51 PM
eliotd
Rookie

wife parks in busy and small lot... her old car it's pretty banged up. I think she wants to keep it original so run flats i hear are pretty expensive. didn t price them

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 08-13-12, 06:01 PM
eliotd
Rookie

officially a minority Owner of a sc430 with a majority interest in paying for it...wife loves her car!

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 08-13-12, 06:40 PM
def300s
Driver School Candidate

Good insight on the car washes. I don't feel so bad about missing out now.
Old 08-14-12, 03:43 AM
Jefff1
Driver School Candidate

I do the washing myself and being as I'm even more **** I only use the Zaino wash mitt and towels....then follow up with their products.....works great
Old 08-18-12, 04:23 AM
OBP
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Best to purchase the Lexus platinum extended warranty with zero deductible. No other extended warranty is anywhere as good. For that one, beyond a certain age and miles, Lexus and Toyota dealers may be prevented from putting your car in for it. Depending on how old your car is, even if it is covered by the CPO warranty, there may be a problem with getting a Lexus/Toyota dealer to sell you a Lexus platinum zero deductible. Best to check with a few dealers when is the latest you can buy a Lexus platinum.Deal with their finance people, not the saleperson because the salesperson usually does not know the limitations of age and miles. I've dealt with Toby at Lexus of Shreveport LA and he is the best guy out there.