Picture of Front Bumper Lip from UNDERNEATH the SC430

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-12, 06:13 AM
jasone36
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Exclamation Picture of Front Bumper Lip from UNDERNEATH the SC430

Friends,

I am wondering if anyone has a picture of the front bumper lip from underneath the SC430. I recently scrapped the front bumper lip against a higher-than-usual parking block (my car is not lowered), I looked underneath the front bumper/lip and noticed a few things which don't look right.

There seems to be some connector-looking things sticking out from front underneath the bumper lip, and I don't know if this is normal (I'm not sure if I tore them out during the incident and if they now need to be "tucked in").

Thank you
Old 03-23-12, 08:45 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have a picture but I just dropped and replaced my front bumper and remember those tabs. Those are the tabs where a connector fits for the screw to hold in the under-cover. You might need to push it in to the correct location if it has moved and if the screw is gone you will have to replace it. I am missing one of those connector and screws - I need to replace that but not critical to miss one or two. Here's a picture from Sewell Parts

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...C430-2004.html

I circled the connects that gets pushed into the tab on the bumper. There are more than what is shown in the diagram - 10 if I remember (three each side and 4 in the middle). For the same problem I just ordered a infrared curb detector ... will write something up after I install it.
Attached Thumbnails Picture of Front Bumper Lip from UNDERNEATH the SC430-frontbumper.jpg  
Old 03-24-12, 12:32 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jasone36
Friends,

I am wondering if anyone has a picture of the front bumper lip from underneath the SC430. I recently scrapped the front bumper lip against a higher-than-usual parking block (my car is not lowered), I looked underneath the front bumper/lip and noticed a few things which don't look right.

There seems to be some connector-looking things sticking out from front underneath the bumper lip, and I don't know if this is normal (I'm not sure if I tore them out during the incident and if they now need to be "tucked in").

Thank you
Hi Jason

Took a couple of shots today for you while it is up on jacks. Hope they help.

Best regards
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Picture of Front Bumper Lip from UNDERNEATH the SC430-img-20120324-00233.jpg   Picture of Front Bumper Lip from UNDERNEATH the SC430-img-20120324-00234.jpg   Picture of Front Bumper Lip from UNDERNEATH the SC430-img-20120324-00236.jpg  
Old 03-26-12, 08:04 AM
jasone36
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you for the detailed reponse, SlvBullet, and for the pictures, WIL44. This weekend I'll take a look at mine from the bottom and see what, if anything, needs to be addressed.

thank again
Old 03-26-12, 08:33 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi Jason

Took a couple of shots today for you while it is up on jacks. Hope they help.

Best regards
Steve
Steve,

Thanks for the pics. I have to check mine, too. Yours seem to be “more” complete. After my accident I want to make sure they replaced all the original underside cover.

These covers make sure we maintain the CD (Coefficient of Drag). Our SC’s have a 0.31. That’s why I want to dump the antenna, it adds into the CD, LOL!

The new aerodynamic designed cars are out with 0.26 CD. Wow.
Old 03-26-12, 11:54 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Steve,

Thanks for the pics. I have to check mine, too. Yours seem to be “more” complete. After my accident I want to make sure they replaced all the original underside cover.

These covers make sure we maintain the CD (Coefficient of Drag). Our SC’s have a 0.31. That’s why I want to dump the antenna, it adds into the CD, LOL!

The new aerodynamic designed cars are out with 0.26 CD. Wow.
Hi Mandy

Your welcome.
Now I know why we have all the plastic parts underneath, just to smooth it all out I suppose. I took the pieces of that run down the side of the sill to see if I could run the airlines under them, but they are ribbed and there is no room without modification. They just make that part of the underside much smoother.
Not bad that a ten year old car has a .31 CD when the latest cars with 'drab looks' have only improved it by .05.

What CD you will gain by removing the antenna, you have probably put back by adding the side repeaters. LOL

Best regards
Steve
Old 03-26-12, 11:59 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi Mandy

Your welcome.
Now I know why we have all the plastic parts underneath, just to smooth it all out I suppose. I took the pieces of that run down the side of the sill to see if I could run the airlines under them, but they are ribbed and there is no room without modification. They just make that part of the underside much smoother.
Not bad that a ten year old car has a .31 CD when the latest cars with 'drab looks' have only improved it by .05.

What CD you will gain by removing the antenna, you have probably put back by adding the side repeaters. LOL

Best regards
Steve

LOL on the side markers!

I hate the antenna adjusting all the time between the 2 stations I listen to.

What I hate more is that my CD player is still busted. I have yet to find out how I can safely remove the AC Control Panel so I can remove the radio and take it apart. I kid you not, I had sore palms again over the weekend, I tried the banging technique and all I have is a bruised right hand, LOL.

Mandy
Old 03-26-12, 12:08 PM
WIL44
Instructor

LOL on the side markers!

What I hate more is that my CD player is still busted. I have yet to find out how I can safely remove the AC Control Panel so I can remove the radio and take it apart. I kid you not, I had sore palms again over the weekend, I tried the banging technique and all I have is a bruised right hand, LOL.

Mandy
Can't help you out with that one Mandy, never tried to remove the AC panel.

I hardly ever use the radio/cd player, prefer to listen to the fabulous sound my exhaust makes.lol
Old 03-26-12, 02:03 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Removing the air cond panel

LOL on the side markers!

Mandy
Its more like pull and wiggle at the same time. Use steady pressure and it will come out
Old 03-26-12, 02:58 PM
husker741
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is pretty scuffed up from the previous owner. It even looks like it is not attached correctly, now after seeing WIL44's SC. I'll have to check it out when it is up in the air getting new pipes tomorrow.
Old 03-26-12, 03:17 PM
robsvdp
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, rubber gloves help in removing the AC panel.
Old 03-26-12, 03:52 PM
mandyfig

Thanks for the tips in getting the AC panel out. The manual keeps on talking about the tool removal...slide on both top corner and it will free up the panel.

I do not have that section (maintenance manual) that talks about getting the Panel off.

Need more detailed tips...before I can have the courage to yank out the AC Panel.
Old 03-26-12, 04:36 PM
mandyfig

Well I have been inspired to go for this DIY on the CD changer repair. Thanks for the push.
Old 04-01-12, 09:49 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what i did to remove the ac in order to instal my vais tech unit was painters tape all over and a skinny bracket from home depot..the L shaped ones and rubber gloves. First make sure your pulling the right part the AC has a peice of the leather trim that goes with it its about an inch thick and the length of the unit. That being said insert your L backet in the gap to the left or right side make sure you also tape this up as to avoid scratches. When I say tape the unit up I mean everything the last thing you want to do is have the L bracket slip and slide across the silver finish. So with the L in and your hands on the other side pull fast and really hard and it will pop out. We get scared because we think we are going to break it but it needs a strong tug or you will not pop it out correctly. Luckily everything after this point is a cake walk. Good luck!