SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

luxlink starter

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-12, 06:50 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default luxlink starter

is there a way to adjust the starter turnover time on luxlink remote starter? after i remote start my car, my luxlink continues to turn over the starter appx. 1 sec. after the car is running. help please
Old 01-13-12, 07:33 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by blakkazz30
is there a way to adjust the starter turnover time on luxlink remote starter? after i remote start my car, my luxlink continues to turn over the starter appx. 1 sec. after the car is running. help please
Sorta, Kinda, maybe.

You can't actually set or adjust the time...but the system automatically sets the time.

When you remote start the car for the first time with the LuxLink, it will crank for 1 second, then stop. If the car is running, great, the 1-second crank time is remembered and used from that point forward.

However, if the car doesn't start...the LuxLink will wait a couple of seconds and then retry...this time cranking for 2 seconds.

and so forth. It will keep trying until the car starts. Once the car starts, it remembers how much cranking it took to start the car and will always use that time.

If you want to change it, you have to reset the LuxLink crank time back down to zero (default), and it'll start this initial process over.

PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS

To enter into program mode:
1. Ignition switch turned to the on position.
2. Drivers door open.
3. Press valet switch 5 times. (Relays will click)
Note: This will put you in program mode to change:

• Remote start run time:
a. Press valet switch one time. This will allow you to change this setting.
b. Press brake pedal once or hear one click of the relay = 5 minutes of run time.
c. Press brake pedal two times or two clicks of the relay = 15 minutes of run time.
d. Press brake pedal three times or three clicks of the relay = 30 minutes of run time.
e. Turn off ignition if finished or move on to next setting.

• Remote start delay time:
a. Press valet switch three times. This will allow you to change this setting.
b. Press brake pedal once or hear one click of the relay = 3 second delay.
c. Press brake pedal two times or two clicks of the relay = 6 second delay.
d. Press brake pedal three times or three clicks of the relay = 10 second delay.

• Reset starter time:
Note: If immobilizer was not detected during remote start operation the starter timer may need to be reset.
1. Enter program mode.
2. Press valet switch 9 times.
3. Press brake switch one time. (Turn of key)

You'll need to perform steps 1, 2, and 3 to enter programming mode...and then do the OTHER steps 1, 2, and 3 to reset the starter time.

Last edited by Habious; 01-13-12 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-13-12, 02:17 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Habious...where did find the programming instruction?
Old 01-13-12, 08:23 PM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

what is the " valet switch"?
Old 01-13-12, 08:44 PM
braheem
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

check out your glovebox
Old 01-14-12, 09:58 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

would it happen to be somewhere else? the only thing i seen in there is the trunk opener & tire press. main/2nd switch. i consulted the owners manual and didnt find any info on a valet switch. do i even have a valet switch?
Old 01-14-12, 09:20 PM
Habious

Originally Posted by blakkazz30
what is the " valet switch"?
The SC430 does have a valet swtich...

But the valet switch referred to in these directions is a pushbutton-on-a-cord that is plugged (or should be plugged) into the LuxLink itself. Mine is a black wire and a little black pushbutton switch tucked under the dash along with the LuxLink.
Old 01-14-12, 09:21 PM
Habious

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
Habious...where did find the programming instruction?
They used to be on the LMS website, but they're not there anymore (just the hardware installation instructions). There are few posts here in the forums that have them, but it always takes me like 10 minutes of searching to dig them up.
Old 02-03-12, 04:29 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw this thread and wanted to go ahead and ask this since my problem is partially related.

I tried to remote start my car today and it would try cranking... stop... crank again... All without starting the car. I go and push on the break pedals so it'll stop and start the car the old fashion way without any problems. Anyone have this same problem? Tried remote start TWICE today with the same error. Did it about 45min apart from each other.

I've had my Luxlink installed for about 6 months now. I don't use the remote start a lot since I'm in TX but the first few months I tried it, didn't have any problems.

I'm suppose to take it back to the install NEXT Saturday to have him look at it along with my extra Luxlink. My thoughts of the problems are: battery? spark plugs??

But my car starts fine with using the key.
Old 02-03-12, 04:56 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm guessing an immobilizer issue. Test by placing your key very near the ignition, then try the remote start.
Old 02-03-12, 04:57 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

I have not had any problems similar to those. Sounds like an email to Steve would be your best/first course of action.
Old 02-07-12, 05:09 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
I have not had any problems similar to those. Sounds like an email to Steve would be your best/first course of action.
I spoke to Steve Friday night and we ran some over the phone tests. He thinks it has to do with the hidden transponder key since I can sit in my car and remote start the car okay without any problems. We'll find out this Saturday when I go to meet the installer.
Old 02-07-12, 05:45 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by huy33
I spoke to Steve Friday night and we ran some over the phone tests. He thinks it has to do with the hidden transponder key since I can sit in my car and remote start the car okay without any problems. We'll find out this Saturday when I go to meet the installer.
Gee, I wish I thought of that.

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
I'm guessing an immobilizer issue. Test by placing your key very near the ignition, then try the remote start.
Old 02-08-12, 05:17 AM
jeffwingo
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know where in the Richmond, va area, I can get my luxlink installed? If I cannot find an installer, I am just going to sell the unused unit.
Old 02-08-12, 08:39 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lonfrank
comment: 1k for luxlink is a rip!! lf
Spoken by someone who never owned one! You know not what you say.

Quick Reply: luxlink starter