Missing Clips

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-11, 02:59 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Missing Clips

Hi out there in SC-Land,

I was under my car recently and noticed about 6-7 missing clips. These are very near the front and hold a piece of plastic to a piece of metal.

They appear to be a typical Toyota type of clip; they are a 2-piece. You push the clip into the hole & then push the center piece into the outer piece which expands the outer piece, locking it into place.

Anyone know any part numbers for these?

Thanks,

Jerry Baumchen
Attached Thumbnails Missing Clips-clips.jpg  
Old 11-19-11, 05:44 PM
VVTiBob

Received 264 Likes on 200 Posts

Jerry, a clarification question. Do the missing clips hold the bumper cover or is it the the engine undercover. It's impossible to tell from the photo... Of course the bumper cover will have the color of you car and the engine under covers will be black.. This link may be of help in identifying / matching against the existing one. http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Sea...By_Price=12-14
Attached Thumbnails Missing Clips-undercover-panels.png  

Last edited by VVTiBob; 11-19-11 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-19-11, 05:56 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Jerry-I can't really make out your pic, but perhaps the same ones that are used above in the engine compartment would work? They are very common throughout the car and fit your description perfectly and how to get them to lock. I've bought them before and they are like .67 cents a piece or so I think.

90467-CLIP is the Sewell part #. I have the bag at my house right now. I used them on ALL engine compartment clips. They are black, round and have the middle push pin that causes the outer ring to expand just like you said.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-19-11, 07:05 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
Jerry, a clarification question. Do the missing clips hold the bumper cover or is it the the engine undercover. It's impossible to tell from the photo... Of course the bumper cover will have the color of you car and the engine under covers will be black.. This link may be of help in identifying / matching against the existing one. http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Sea...By_Price=12-14
Hi bob,

It is the Engine Under Cover.

I apologize for the poor photo, I should have taken a photo when she was up on the lift.

Jerry Baumchen
Old 11-19-11, 07:07 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Hi Jerry-I can't really make out your pic, but perhaps the same ones that are used above in the engine compartment would work? They are very common throughout the car and fit your description perfectly and how to get them to lock. I've bought them before and they are like .67 cents a piece or so I think.

90467-CLIP is the Sewell part #. I have the bag at my house right now. I used them on ALL engine compartment clips. They are black, round and have the middle push pin that causes the outer ring to expand just like you said.

Hope this helps!
Hi drop,

I'll start with your part #; I can drop by the local dealer and see what he has.

Thanks,

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I know it is a standard clip used many places on Toyota vehicles. I just need to get ones with the correct diameter.

PPS) All information helps; that is what the 'net is for.
Old 11-20-11, 08:26 AM
scdroptop

here's a pic of the clip.... upper left hand of the bag...part # printed on it too straight from the dealer. Fits just about anything in the engine compartment up top...should be the one you are looking for.
Attached Thumbnails Missing Clips-clip.jpg  
Old 11-20-11, 10:26 AM
JerryB
Pole Position

here's a pic of the clip.... upper left hand of the bag...part # printed on it too straight from the dealer. Fits just about anything in the engine compartment up top...should be the one you are looking for.
Hi drop,

Thanks,

Guys like VVTiBob, Mandyfig & you are what make this forum what it is: A great place for information. And if I have left anyone out, I apologize.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) This morning it is bright & sunny ( rare for here at this time of year ) and about 34*-36*F so I decided to take the SC out for breakfast. She started on first crank after sitting ~3 weeks.
Old 11-20-11, 01:03 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Hi Jerry,

Thanks to people like you who appreciate the help and you always show it.

We ( and I take the liberty to speak on behalf of VVTiBob and scdroptop, who I agree are the most willing to help) have been helped by other members and are always ready to send the favor back.

mandyfig

PS: And we just love our SC's!
Old 11-20-11, 07:11 PM
scdroptop

Originally Posted by JerryB
Hi drop,

Thanks,

Guys like VVTiBob, Mandyfig & you are what make this forum what it is: A great place for information. And if I have left anyone out, I apologize.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) This morning it is bright & sunny ( rare for here at this time of year ) and about 34*-36*F so I decided to take the SC out for breakfast. She started on first crank after sitting ~3 weeks.
now you are just plain show-boating!
Old 11-21-11, 03:30 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

now you are just plain show-boating!
Hi drop,

I took your 5-digit part number & called up the Lexus dealer.

Wow, did he blow me off! He said that I would need a 10-digit number, etc, etc. He had no time to talk with me; probably the concept of a sale of only ~$5.

These folks have a real bad attitude IMO.

So I sent your picture & a note to my local bodyshop that I have been using for 16+ yrs and got an email right back that they have them and to stop by & pickup however many I need.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Ever wonder how they got the name 'the stealer?' I don't.
Old 11-21-11, 07:11 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi drop,

I took your 5-digit part number & called up the Lexus dealer.

Wow, did he blow me off! He said that I would need a 10-digit number, etc, etc. He had no time to talk with me; probably the concept of a sale of only ~$5.

These folks have a real bad attitude IMO.

So I sent your picture & a note to my local bodyshop that I have been using for 16+ yrs and got an email right back that they have them and to stop by & pickup however many I need.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Ever wonder how they got the name 'the stealer?' I don't.
90467-06133-CO is the complete part number.
Old 11-21-11, 10:49 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by talwang
90467-06133-CO is the complete part number.
Hi talwang,

It is H*** getting old.

When I was a kid & I went to the local dealer and said 'I need one of these.' they said 'Sure,' and went and got it for me.

Now they look at it, not knowing anything about what it is, and say "What is the part number?"

If they can find it on-screen, you can buy it. If not, go on down the road 'cause it ain't goin' to happen.

Jerry Baumchen
Old 11-22-11, 09:09 AM
scdroptop

They should have been able to find it based on that number. The picture I showed you had the core numbers they COULD have typed in that OR the word CLIP for the SC and brought up the parts schematic that all Lexus dealers have. I think you are right...they were being lazy and didn't want to work hard for a $5.00 part.

I love my two local dealers (most of the time) as their parts guys sometimes just give you a few extra batteries for keys, match prices, throw in a few extra free clips, etc. I guess it's a fringe benefit for spending a lot of time/money there over the years??? IDK
Old 11-22-11, 12:05 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

They should have been able to find it based on that number. The picture I showed you had the core numbers they COULD have typed in that OR the word CLIP for the SC and brought up the parts schematic that all Lexus dealers have. I think you are right...they were being lazy and didn't want to work hard for a $5.00 part.

I love my two local dealers (most of the time) as their parts guys sometimes just give you a few extra batteries for keys, match prices, throw in a few extra free clips, etc. I guess it's a fringe benefit for spending a lot of time/money there over the years??? IDK
Hi drop,

Re: my two local dealers

IMO there-in lies the problem. Lexus of Portland, which is about 3 miles from my house, is the only Lexus dealer within 90 miles. They simply have no competition.

Rather like the old story: If there is only one attorney in town he/she will drive a broken-down car, if there are two attorneys in town they will both drive Lexus's.

Disclaimer: My son is an attorney.

Jerry Baumchen
Old 11-28-11, 06:11 AM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi talwang,

It is H*** getting old.

When I was a kid & I went to the local dealer and said 'I need one of these.' they said 'Sure,' and went and got it for me.

Now they look at it, not knowing anything about what it is, and say "What is the part number?"

If they can find it on-screen, you can buy it. If not, go on down the road 'cause it ain't goin' to happen.

Jerry Baumchen
If you know what your missing/broken clips look like, you can likely find the part numbers below.

Quick Reply: Missing Clips