AC Stopped Blowing Cold!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-11, 05:11 PM
momssc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
any update on this?
UPDATE I replaced the Expansion Valve and I still have the same problem so gunna order a Compressor next. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a compressor?
Old 11-16-11, 06:28 PM
momssc
Driver

I am having trouble finding the RIGHT compressor for my SC. All the compressors I find have an Electronic Control Valve and my car has a manual one. I ordered one online fron discountautoac.com or something like that and the compressor in the pic from the website was correct but the one I recieved had the ECV on it and they won't answer the phone OR return my messages. So who has changed there AC compressor and where did you get it?
Old 11-16-11, 06:45 PM
dag8882
Driver

momssc,
ive never tackled such a task, so i cant help u there. but i just went on ebay & typed sc430 ac compressor & more then a few listing came up. u may want to check it for yourself. good luck w the repair & keep us posted.

Originally Posted by momssc
I am having trouble finding the RIGHT compressor for my SC. All the compressors I find have an Electronic Control Valve and my car has a manual one. I ordered one online fron discountautoac.com or something like that and the compressor in the pic from the website was correct but the one I recieved had the ECV on it and they won't answer the phone OR return my messages. So who has changed there AC compressor and where did you get it?
Old 11-16-11, 08:48 PM
momssc
Driver

Originally Posted by dag8882
momssc,
ive never tackled such a task, so i cant help u there. but i just went on ebay & typed sc430 ac compressor & more then a few listing came up. u may want to check it for yourself. good luck w the repair & keep us posted.
Yes I did that but same problem, pics show one thing but what they want to sell you has the ECV...
Old 11-21-11, 08:26 AM
momssc
Driver

I have found the right one. So waiting for the refund of the WRONG one and then will order the RIGHT one.
Old 11-21-11, 11:09 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Thanks for the updates, I'm sure we're all interested in the resolution.
Old 02-11-12, 01:13 PM
momssc
Driver

UPDATE Finally got around today to replace the compressor and I was getting 34 degrees out the vents. Air temp was 50 degrees and the pressures were correct so I guess it's fixed! New compressor did the trick!

Also noticed the pulley was a smaller one than the compressor I took off. I think now I need a smaller fan belt. Anyone know which one I might need? Where does that indicator need to be on the tensioner?

Thanks and hope this thread helps others!
Old 02-11-12, 03:35 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

You know I was just wondering about your car and this problem the other day. Glad to hear the compressor fixed it. Here's the info on the vbelt
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
vbelt.pdf (62.6 KB, 513 views)
Old 02-11-12, 05:18 PM
momssc
Driver

Yes the belt is outside that "B" range. I am going to try a belt 3/4" shorter. Thx..
Old 06-23-12, 01:17 PM
momssc
Driver

Well I am still having AC problems. It is not the compressor. With gauges attached, I have no suction or pressure. I can turn the compressor off & on at will with the AC button on the dash and witness the clutch going off and on but nothing. Then one of the times I later press the AC on .....cools great! 40 degrees out the vents, guages at 225H/25L with 92 degrees outside. No DTC codes and all fuctions working normally.

Anyone with any ideas?
Old 06-23-12, 04:03 PM
sebtown
Driver

You see the clutch go on but is it actually engauging the compressor. Sounds like the clutch is slipping some of the time giving you no pressure or suction. Do yo still have the clutch assembly off the old unit? Maybe swap them out.
Old 06-23-12, 08:14 PM
momssc
Driver

Had the same problem with the original compressor so I don't think it is the compressor. Both were/are quiet.
Old 06-23-12, 08:23 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Sounds like a bad connection or switch.
Old 10-10-12, 11:04 AM
momssc
Driver

NEW UPDATE

The rebuilt compressor crapped out and leaked oil from day 1. I knew it would stop working soon so I inquired about rebuilding the original compressor.And not by DiscountAutoAC-CompressorParts.com . THEY SELL JUNK!!!

I was advised since I had no prior problems and the compressor was quiet and just quit cooling that it could be the Freon Manual Control Valve. So I bought one and changed the valve on my original compressor and have installed it and has been working beautifully for a few days now. Valve bought from Oreillys for $50.

Only time will tell...
Old 10-10-12, 12:08 PM
kjcole
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the high side is 175 and the low side is 75, then it sounds like there is ..... compressing going on, right?? I'm not an expert, just a naive (and possibly incorrect) assumption on my part.

Quick Reply: AC Stopped Blowing Cold!!