SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

stupid car wash messed up my car

Old 09-06-11, 11:18 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid car wash messed up my car

so saturday night i pulled into the car wash and i had my wife and her friend in the car. as we were pull in i put the car in N and it started dragging the car in. i get stuck 3 feet in .and when i say get stuck i mean my car is sitting on the metal rail . i am flipping out and the guy goes dont hit the brake. i said ok i thought i was really hitting the brake. as the roller comes back it picks up and my car and slammes it down . at that point i got furious because i knew my car was stuck . i had to get my wife and her friend out of the car. he tried pushing it and nothing . so i gave it gas to move forward. at this point i am scrapping bottom. finally get it in and threw the car wash. as i am driving back i feel like the left wheel is just bouncing when i hit a pot hole. any idea what it is? or did i just mess up my alighnment. please someone help
Old 09-07-11, 04:39 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sounds horrible...might wanna get it on a lift something could have actually broken
Old 09-07-11, 04:52 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rule # 1: NEVER drive a Lexus, especially a SC430 through a tunnel car wash. Get it checked out, this should be lesson well learned.
Old 09-07-11, 05:19 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

I makes me cringe thinking about a car wash and the SC.
Old 09-07-11, 05:34 PM
westxype
Rookie

I've never driven any of my cars through a car wash. That is a definite no no.
Old 09-08-11, 08:59 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Where am i suppose to wash it then?
Old 09-08-11, 09:04 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Hmmm.....Your driveway.
Old 09-08-11, 09:18 AM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by irokdastar
I wash mine at a self wash since I dont have a driveway. I bring my own microfiber wash mitt so I dont have to use their 'broom' looking thing (which probably causes major scratching). And I bring a towel to dry it off. Just make sure you bring a lot of quarters
Old 09-08-11, 09:46 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

i dont have a drive way and i dont have the time to do it myself
Old 09-08-11, 09:49 AM
ALBINO
Rookie

Originally Posted by irokdastar
I take mine to the Bikini Car Wash in Orlando, FL and watch the "HOT CHICKS" wash it for $25.00. They do a great hand wash job inside and out.
Old 09-08-11, 10:13 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Then find a self car wash and wash it yourself like redliner does. Tunnel car washes f*** up your paint and I know you don't want to do it to your SC.
Old 09-08-11, 10:39 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ALBINO
I take mine to the Bikini Car Wash in Orlando, FL and watch the "HOT CHICKS" wash it for $25.00. They do a great hand wash job inside and out.
I bet they do lol
Old 09-08-11, 12:20 PM
MDames2
Lead Lap

I have a 2007 ES350 and a 2003 SC430. I have had them washed in a "tunnel" car wash (hand wash only) for many years. Both of my cars are in fantastic condition. If you choose a reputable hand car wash you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 09-08-11, 12:51 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I go to a do-it-yourself car wash to use their high pressure sprayer. I take a bucket and microfiber covered sponge and wash it with my own soap. Then use the sprayer to rinse it. Then dry it by hand.

When you fill up the bucket, make sure to set it to rinse, rather than soap. Their soap will likely be harsh enough to strip your wax after a few washes. Also, never use their brush. That's scratches waiting to happen.

Takes about 30 minutes, but is well worth the effort. Drive through car washes are one of the worst things you can do to your car. Also, if you start doing this, go at non-peak times. People behind you won't be happy to see you hand washing your car.

One last thing. If you want your car to look its best, check out Zaino car polish. Your SC will thank you for it. Polish it twice a year and your paint will look like new.
Old 09-08-11, 02:46 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

<<<SHIVER>>>

Those drive through washes with the things that beat the heck out of the car.. you know there is dirt and crap on them from other cars. I do the "drop in a handful of quarters" thing too and do my own. Usually my Saturday morning ritual is to run through Starbucks and head to the wash. A long time ago a guy at a detail shop told me to not use any soap unless I was trying to take off the wax. I just use clear water and the pressure assist. I have some borderless microfiber cloths that get cleaned every week too that I use on the outside to dry and really wring out and gently wipe down my dash. I also finish the outside usually with Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale™ Spray Seal.

I figure if I keep it clean it never gets so dirty I have to do the nasty bits.

Oh yeah, and I pay about $250 twice a year to get it detailed really well because it's worth it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: stupid car wash messed up my car