SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Getting A New Body Kit ( Entire Process Detailed )

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-11, 02:51 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mIStaSC
Sweeet! I hope you pick the right wheels, fitment and drop to go along with this expensive kit! 3 piece forged ftw! Big lips too Waiting for the end results!
Thank you,

I am still really struggling with wheels. Upon doing some research, its clear that peeps in the USA have a much much bigger range of wheels to choose from under $1200 as thats my max budget for wheels.

I have had some very helpful links from members here but they are all sadly not here in England and shipping costs as much as the wheels themselves
Old 09-16-11, 03:19 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zonk
I just bought a Artisan body kit with tail pipes and was wondering, as I begin to shop for a body shop to paint and apply it, if anyone knew what a ballpark cost for this work might be.
I really wanted the Artisian kit but its a little over priced IMO.. Did you get the complete pic and would you mind sharing how much it ran you?

Pics would be great.. Im really interested in more info on this from a real world owner.. Havent seen/heard of any to date
Old 09-17-11, 09:06 AM
tsachiti
Driver

bumper added, modified corners molded in, exhausts air-sawed off, new pics, original post updated again ! check it out
Old 09-17-11, 11:57 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by tsachiti
Thank you,

I am still really struggling with wheels. Upon doing some research, its clear that peeps in the USA have a much much bigger range of wheels to choose from under $1200 as thats my max budget for wheels.

I have had some very helpful links from members here but they are all sadly not here in England and shipping costs as much as the wheels themselves
Hi tsachiti

As a fellow Londoner, I had much the same problem looking for wheels in the UK.

I searched ebay for ages until I found what I was looking for. Unfortunately the company I got mine from in Scotland have gone now.
You would probably want something more aggressive than me anyway with the body kit you are using (great job by the way).
Mine were just under £1000 with Avon tyres and I am very pleased with them.

Good luck with your search.

Best regards
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Getting A New Body Kit ( Entire Process Detailed )-dsc_2021a.jpg  
Old 09-18-11, 05:41 AM
Blast-off
Rookie

Here my wheels they came out around the same price as Wil44
At first i never liked them but thankfully i now do

Old 09-18-11, 08:41 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Love those blue calipers!!! Wow
Old 09-18-11, 09:12 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

For sure finding under $1k for 20" staggered wheels will be a challenge plus lower quality wheels may wobble according to the experts on here-beware of that. It may be a gamble you are willing to take? I have bought many 20"s and 22"s and always have wobbling issues but as long as you buy your tires from a good place they will rebalance for you to fix it with proper weights on the the wheels.

You definitely want a 10" rear wheel and 9" front.

Here are some under $1k suggestions for 20" wheels with big lips:

These are my favorite...spider/mesh style with polished lip and rivots:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-MS...item230061040e

Chrome 5-stars, staggered...look nice. Check on shipping to UK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-ST...item588fd66460

Black faced spokes/spider design with polished lip...very nice:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-LE...item2eb7688231

These Vossen wheels are NICE!!!! Chrome, unique, but a little more $$$:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vosse...item2c5e967e08

These are really sharp chrome stars with black inlets and the little rivots between spokes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-LE...item27bcfa80fa

Hope this helps. If you buy from US you may want to try to buy from East Coast to save in shipping. Have you checked the UK eBay site?
Old 09-19-11, 09:30 AM
zonk
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by I-FORCE
I really wanted the Artisian kit but its a little over priced IMO.. Did you get the complete pic and would you mind sharing how much it ran you?

Pics would be great.. Im really interested in more info on this from a real world owner.. Havent seen/heard of any to date
I have the kit. Cost $8000 not cheap. It's the full kit with exhaust. Body shop wants $3400 to instal and paint it. I will post pics as soon as I read how.

Shop says the kit is good but not great. I needed a translator to work with the company and shipping was $2500. I hope it is worth it. I figured if I was to enjoy this for the next 10yrs just spend the $ and get the best.
We'll see.
Old 09-19-11, 06:06 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice rides!

We have U.K Vossen Wheels dealers
Old 09-20-11, 11:29 AM
tsachiti
Driver

Dont Laugh at the Stock Wheels, Its a work in progress !

So get this, I dont know if I like the kit yet or not, Infact, I like it but dont like the finish, it seems a bit bumpy to me, it may also be because I was there when it was being installed begining to end so i know where to look and hence biased. hmmm

I will upload proper pics later, currently , Im considering a white or black wrap.

Anyway, here you go...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66911642@N07/6167055094/
Old 09-20-11, 12:49 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Ive decided,
Putting old side skits back, new ones look a bit too much.

if anyone wants the current ones, pm me.

All i need no is Wheels !
Old 09-20-11, 12:58 PM
irokdastar
Pole Position

dont take them off. wait till you get the wheels to see what the whole package look like. also upload more pics
Old 09-20-11, 01:09 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow thats a transformation, very in the face. Really needs the wheels and stance (dropped) for the complete look and I agree with irokdastar keep the skirts until you have the rest done TBH stock skirts would look really bad with the rest of the kit.

Hey I spent all afternoon washing my car to come and see you, she's not had a bath for 8 months
Old 09-20-11, 01:15 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The problem with putting your stock side skirts back on is they won't be even with your bumpers. The bumpers will be lower to the ground and it won't look good at all.
Old 09-20-11, 01:18 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by aquanuke
Wow thats a transformation, very in the face. Really needs the wheels and stance (dropped) for the complete look and I agree with irokdastar keep the skirts until you have the rest done TBH stock skirts would look really bad with the rest of the kit.

Hey I spent all afternoon washing my car to come and see you, she's not had a bath for 8 months
Haha, brill, mine is at autoshades tomorrow afternoon, Then after that, She is is ready for a viewing and loads of pics to upload here !!

I will pm you my mob.

Quick Reply: Getting A New Body Kit ( Entire Process Detailed )