Register Forgot Password?

Had a flat and decided to get Primewell PZ900 tires + Spare

Old 08-17-11, 08:41 AM   #1
IStoSC
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Default Had a flat and decided to get Primewell PZ900 tires + Spare

Friends,

I had a pretty bad flat on I95 about 30 miles north of Fort Pierce, Florida...in the middle of nowhere really on my way to Gainesville from Miami. I was flatbedded to Bridgestone which was the only place open in town. The only tires they had in stock were Primewell PZ900s and they were very cheap 110 a pop so I decided to change all my tires which had over 20k driving done and probably 5-10k from the previous owner.

Anyone have experience with these tires? So far I've put about 1k on them and no complaints. They handle well in the rain as well.

I also bought a new Lexus OEM spare tire kit for the SC430 on eBay for about $450...don't know if thats the best deal or not but they seem to sell for nearly double that...
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
2007 LS460 SGM/Blk
IStoSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-11, 09:12 AM   #2
VVTiBob

If you got the full kit, Tire/wheel/mounts-brackets-spacers/luggage compartment floor carpet and matching cover for the tire it was good deal.

Regarding your tires... I have no personal experience with them. This is what I learned because I'm curious too. Primewell brand is manufactured by a subsidiary or sister company of Bridgestone out of China. (What isn't made there these days.) Described as a budget tire.
You'll have to tell us how they work out for you, both handling and wear.

JDM Rear Seat Cover - Spare Tire Kit - Sport Pedals - Chrome Tourmalines - LED Lighting - 06 Tails - LED Rocker Lights - MGP Caliper Covers - GEN 4 NAV w/BeatSonic Override - Luxlink - Backup Camera - 2012 Pioneer AVH-P4400BH Head Unit w/Beatsonic's NEW MVA-12L Adapter & Steering Pad Controls.
https://www.photoshop.com/express/in...ackingid=BTAGC

Last edited by VVTiBob; 08-17-11 at 03:16 PM..
VVTiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-11, 10:47 AM   #3
grabber2
Lead Lap

Many tires seems to be good when new and driving normally. But it matter the most when you need its grip for few short seconds during unexpecting conditions. Its also why wach tire have its rating and user reviews.

I can save on gas, on un-necessary repair, on discounted item, but I will never cut cost on getting new tire, I normally replace my tire when its down to 40~50% thread. I involved in accident due to tires so I will never let it happen again. There's no way I will go for cheap tire. Its a safety issue!!

I strongly not recommend those non-brand tire from chain retailer like autozone, pepboys......I'm involved in one accident during my 11 years of driving and it was due a set of cheap Futura tires from pepboys.

2005 InfinitiG35X Black on Black, Fully loaded & Navi - SOLD!
2003 RSX Type-S 6MT Black on Black - SOLD!

Last edited by grabber2; 08-17-11 at 10:53 AM..
grabber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-11, 10:47 AM

Tags
900, bridgestone, california, expected, lexus, mileage, primewell, primewell pz900, primwell, pz 900, pz900, reviews, s2ki, tire, tires