SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Progress on Luxlink: The Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-11, 12:20 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The remote start, with or without the top is always unlock-lock-lock on your oem remote. If you also want the top to go up or down, when you push unlock, you wait until you get a long beep before you press the first lock-that will make the top go up or down.

Also if you want to remotely have the doors unlocked you add one more unlock therefore making the sequence unlock-lock-lock-unlock. If not the car will be locked.

John
Old 08-17-11, 06:03 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default Tests are done!!!

I tallked to Steve yesterday and we're ready to go. Some of you pm'd me with requests to do a few tests to see that ALL quirks are gone. I had no problems and could not repeat any former quirks-it is my belief they are gone. Those of you who never had Luxlink won't believe how great this product is! I now have a new one in my 02 plus 2 extras (one for my next SC and 1 just in case). Steve assured me this will be the last production ever. Check his facebook page for the latest. Moderators: Thanks for your total cooperation. There never was a group buy, but you did allow us the liberty of getting in touch with the inventor of this product, which is no longer available. You've done a great service for us SC 430 owners who now have about the best mod you could ever get for this fantastic vehicle. I have never been on a forum that is as valuable as this one-a great group of folks. Thanks, again.

John
Old 08-18-11, 05:44 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah, I gotta tip my hat to the mods also. This was close to the line of "pure information" versus "group buy" and the call could have legitimately gone the other way, so shout out to the moderators.

There is no greater testiment to how cool this product is than the number of people buying one for the sole purpose of having a backup "just in case."
Old 08-18-11, 06:02 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

If there was a local ATL installer...would have gotten1, too. For the lucky ones, congrats!
Old 08-19-11, 08:25 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any reputable shop should be able to install it there really seems to be only one hard part, plus the guys at Lux Motorworks are going to help out im giving my shop their # incase they have any questions...they are the best!
Old 08-19-11, 09:33 AM
mandyfig

Is it tool late now for me?
Old 08-19-11, 09:56 AM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I expect there to be at least 15+ DIY guides once there all shipped out haha
Old 08-19-11, 10:18 AM
mandyfig

How many got in on it?
Old 08-19-11, 10:20 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redliner8
I expect there to be at least 15+ DIY guides once there all shipped out haha
I'll be doing mine myself, so will make sure to post up the DIY!!!
Old 08-19-11, 10:44 AM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
I'll be doing mine myself, so will make sure to post up the DIY!!!
That'd be a big help since I plan on doing it myself

Originally Posted by mandyfig
How many got in on it?
I think close to 40 people.
Old 08-19-11, 10:46 AM
darnot10
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
How many got in on it?
I counted 42 spoken for Mandy and I asked Steve how many were not spoken for and he didn't know. My guess is you will be able to still get one.
Old 08-19-11, 11:07 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

I hate to tell you this, but we're talking 2 or 3 units left. Money in hand to Steve is the only way to guarantee yours. He takes only money orders and cashier checks. Good Luck!!!!
Old 08-20-11, 11:37 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Steve from Luxury Motorworks installed a LuxLink into my 06' SC430 today, he wanted to test it on one more car after John's car just to double make sure the new batch of units are flawless before he ship them all out. I saw all the units in their boxes today, looks like they are all ready to go.

The install went great, Steve and his staffs are great friendly guys, I got the rear windows controls as well. Every functions seems to be working flawlessly today. I will use it as much as I can tomorrow to see if I can find anything wrong and report back to Steve.

From talking to Steve today, he said he made 42 units and they are all spoken for.

It is fun working the top remotely, it is very convenient! Not to mention like John said, it is fun to watch and draw a lot of attentions. And dropping the rear windows made the car looks a lot cooler then I imagine it would be, and I have seen pics of other people's car with the rear windows down. I guess things look different in pics and in real life.

After all, a great experience and a great fun product
Old 08-21-11, 05:03 AM
jeffwingo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the hardest part of installing it. I plan to do it myself...I have installed bunches of stereos, backup cameras, xm, etc.
Old 08-21-11, 05:32 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffwingo
What is the hardest part of installing it. I plan to do it myself...I have installed bunches of stereos, backup cameras, xm, etc.
From my observation and looking at the installation instructions, I think the hardest part is to make sure you are connecting to the correct wires, because there are a bunch of wires you are looking at.

Quick Reply: Progress on Luxlink: The Test