SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

From SC to CT Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-11, 01:23 PM
raywest
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From SC to CT Hybrid

So after having this car for nearly 2 months, I'm considering trading it in for a 2011 CT Hybrid.

Going from a V8 to a hybrid is a joke indeed, but the thing gets 40mpg! I'm going to test drive one tomorrow and will decide. If I really will get a CT, then farewell to all of you! It was great reading the threads here for the past 2 months.
Old 07-30-11, 02:25 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, why you wanna sell so soon?
Old 07-30-11, 02:46 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

That's such a down grade.................I driven my co-worker 's CT200 and here some feedback:

-powerless
-bumpy suspension
-much cheaper interior
-drive not much better than a corolla S
Old 07-30-11, 04:05 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You didn't know 2 months ago that 20 mpg wasn't going to cut it? two months after buying my sc I was still in love. What the heck-3 years later and i'm still in love! I cant imagine too many people who buy an sc are worried about milage. On the other hand, you couldn't be too content to even consider the trade. If I wasn't content with any of my 3 cars, I'd be moving on. Good luck with whatever you decide-you will probably put a smile on someones face thats buying your sc.
Old 07-30-11, 05:52 PM
raywest
Driver

By no means is the SC inferior to the CT... My SC's value is almost equivalent to a new CT so I feel the CT would provide me with some Different features... Like keyless entry, stylish interior and the Audi LED lights. Having 40 mpg is a plus since I drive so much, almost 4k miles in two months! Lol
Old 07-31-11, 10:55 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

raywest, everyone have different needs and preferences, you go get what fit your need the most

The CT200 is a jazzed up Prius econobox, the SC430 is an ultra highend Japanese SL500 or 645i. They are on the 2 extreme opposite ends of the car's spectrum. Is like comparing an older Ferrari 360 to a brand new Fiat 500 just because they are both Italian.

You judge a car by keyless entry, LED lights and MPG, you definitely don't appreciate what the SC430 offer.

Of course a gutless 1.8L 4-bangers FWD lightweight econobox have double the MPG then a torquey 4.3L V8 RWD heavy luxury hard top convertible coupe, it doesn't make any power to consume any gas!

But if you do drive a lot and you really do care about how much you spend on gas, the CT200 is clearly better for you.

Last edited by BNR34; 07-31-11 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-31-11, 02:15 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Funny, we went to the dealer to take a test drive in the CT. Our salesman knew us from our previous purchases. (2002 ES then our 2007 ES and our SC, they had steered us from a IS in 07 for the ES) He said that we wouldn't be happy with CT, knowing what we wanted from our rides. With that said we never did take a test drive in one, so we will never know. The ES can get in the low 30's on trips, and it dosen't matter what the milage is on the SC, I just fill it when it's thristy.
Old 07-31-11, 02:35 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The CT isn't bad if you drive in sport mode all the time. I would love to have one as a daily driver or a grocery getter but would never give up the SC for a CT.
Old 07-31-11, 03:54 PM
raywest
Driver

well guys...I surely didn't disappoint any of you by buying a CT, however I traded my 07 SC in for a NEW.............................................................

2011 IS 250 AWD...white/ecru, LED running light, nav and everything else

I have to say that I do regret the sexy SC that I had, but this IS is as pretty as the SC. I'm going to try and forget my experience with the SC lol, it will be hard!
Old 07-31-11, 05:26 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Why AWD?

You would've gotten 2-3 MPGs more with the RWD

PS - much better choice than the CT. Congrats!
Old 07-31-11, 06:19 PM
raywest
Driver

I live in New England so having AWD is a plus! Thanks!
Old 07-31-11, 08:17 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by raywest
Agree, I need a AWD sedan by winter. Its much safer than the SC from Dec-March for the icey & unexpected roads!!
Old 07-31-11, 08:21 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by raywest
I lived in NY/NJ/PA most my life. Most my cars were RWD. For my IS300, I had a set of snow tires - WAY better than any all season tires. I would think snow tires helps more in the snow than all seasons with AWD?

Will you be using snow tires or all seasons when winter comes?

PS - I live in So Cal and stil have my snow tires but no IS. Need a set?
Old 07-31-11, 10:28 PM
raywest
Driver

Originally Posted by Peter_Klim
I lived in NY/NJ/PA most my life. Most my cars were RWD. For my IS300, I had a set of snow tires - WAY better than any all season tires. I would think snow tires helps more in the snow than all seasons with AWD?

Will you be using snow tires or all seasons when winter comes?

PS - I live in So Cal and stil have my snow tires but no IS. Need a set?
Oh! Actually I never had an AWD car so I can't tell you...but with my ES 300, I put snow tires in the winter and they are a huge improvement.

But if you will be kind to whisper me, or say it here, the condition of the snow tires and the discounted price and I will keep you in mind!
Old 07-31-11, 10:29 PM
raywest
Driver

For all you other SC owners....I have 3 run-flats in like-new conditions (I think) that came with my CPO car. I replaced them with the regular tires but since it is traded, I have 3 run flats that I would like to get rid of for a pretty darn good price. If interested, let me know and I'll take pics for ya to see.

Quick Reply: From SC to CT Hybrid