SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Do people still compliment you on your car?? Yes they do!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-13, 01:20 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mdpuff
Jut thought I would share this with you. This past weekend I had my car out to a show and shine and left it sitting in the drive way. My new neighbour was out front cutting the grass and I noticed he was cutting mine!! The nerve of some people! Anyway I went out to give him a piece of my mind, ( with beer in hand ) and he was complimenting me on my car so I showed him how the top worked and he went into his house and called out his wife and kids to see the neighbour's car!! They thought it was so cool. ( he quite enjoyed the beer ). Of course it made me feel good to hear the praise. I just love it when ever I get to drive the car and lots of folks at the show & shine were impressed as well. Never won anything, got beat by a 1980 Camaro, bone stock plain jane?? I was put in the 1980 & newer stock class.
This happens all over America, people are so fascinated with the top.
Old 09-16-13, 02:18 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I will occasionally drop the top when I meet a red light in the middle of traffic once the sun starts to set. I love the looks from the rubber neckers, as if my car's a transformer. So awesome.
Old 09-16-13, 02:22 PM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

After all these years, it's still the most interesting and exciting 22 seconds in automotive technology.
Old 09-16-13, 03:31 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tfischer
After all these years, it's still the most interesting and exciting 22 seconds in automotive technology.
Absolutely agree. +1
Old 09-16-13, 04:43 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The shop working on my car had it in front of the shop and some poor kid rear ended a lady staring at the SC. No one was hurt thank God.....
Old 09-16-13, 07:13 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Parked on a Kroger lot last Saturday and a senior citizen guy peeked on the window and says, "I like your car, what is it (while trying to decipher the car looking at the center cap on the front wheel)?" I said thanks, it is a Lexus. And he says, oh and was off to the store.
Old 09-16-13, 08:28 PM
Acura2Lex
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Breakin necks all day

Old 09-17-13, 04:36 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Awesome pic Acura2Lex

Originally Posted by Acura2Lex
Breakin necks all day
Killer pic, gorgeous SC, very nice!

I took my SC to the local hillbilly dragstrip for "test and tune/grudge race Friday night" recently and got a ton of compliments from folks who had no idea what I was whoopin' up on the Mustangs and Camaros with. I got questions like: "Is that front wheel drive?" "Does it have a turbo?" "Are you really running in the 9's?" Of course, there were the complimentary statements like: "Nice car!" "You don't see those around here." " I ain't racin' you, you'll beat me!"

BTW, 0-60 mph in 5.76 seconds. Fun stuff!
Old 09-17-13, 07:15 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

nice pic Acura2lex..

ya the SC is definately a beautiful car, ill be honest I love german cars as I have had 6 different ones and I never thought I would have a japanese car, the SC was the only car i saw and told my self "not too bad" but still didnt pay much attention to it until one day I found mine and im happy I chose it over the SL and the 6 series because its definately much more beautiful, just something about it I cannot explain im in love with it and I think I want to keep one in my garage always . and ofcourse I do get compliments all the time, did about an hour ago..

The best one was in downtown 4 weeks back where some gorgeous european chick walked up behind my SC standing on the curb as I was reversing into a parking spot infront of a club (top down) very busy friday night. Everyone was staring then there suddenly like "woww" .." that is F**** niceee* and im confused looking around at what there going on about while reversing very slowly.. I looked into the rearview mirror and I saw her bent over, dress pulled up, her rear in my rearview while her face turned back looking at me ...... welcoming the sc

Last edited by 416tt; 09-17-13 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-28-13, 03:22 PM
b3player
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazes me

It truly amazes me how many compliments I get on this car. Today when I walked out the gym an older couple were standing beside the car staring at it. I got closer to car. They said young man, we are admiring your car. LOL I said thanks!

When I got in it and put the top down, I wish you could have seen the lady's face.

When I do go to a drive-thru, most of the time a young lady wants to come sit in it saying it is a pretty car. I have had women that wanted to pose on hood with a bikini and I said no, lol.

Wow lol
Old 10-01-13, 06:41 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This afternoon driving back from Fort Worth to my home North of Dallas, top down, about 80Mph, a car load of college-aged girls came by and waved and yelled "Sweet ride Daddy!" A couple took photos. Ego boost for an old man for sure, but then who wouldn't like these, right?

Old 10-01-13, 07:04 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 76210Guy
This afternoon driving back from Fort Worth to my home North of Dallas, top down, about 80Mph, a car load of college-aged girls came by and waved and yelled "Sweet ride Daddy!" A couple took photos. Ego boost for an old man for sure, but then who wouldn't like these, right?

Wow......."Daddy" .....ouch !! But I feel your pain !
Old 10-01-13, 07:09 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
Wow......."Daddy" .....ouch !! But I feel your pain !
Yeah, well I do have white hair... but hey, I'll take it where I can get it, right?
Old 10-01-13, 07:19 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Last Friday, went down to "The Cruise" to check out what the local kids are running. Lots of Camaros, Mustangs, and suped up and tricked out trucks, but only 1 Drop Top Lexus! Got lots of compliments. Couple young ladies asking for a spin, but didn't take the bait. Haha. Today, I was stopped at a red light, when some Honda ricer pulled up next to me filled with some 17 year olds. One of the kids in the back seat asked how much I'd sell for.... I just looked at him and said, "Not gonna happen, buddy. This is my dream car." He just laughed and said he really liked it.
Old 10-05-13, 10:22 AM
barncat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that, the longer the SC430 is out of production, the more compliments it will get. It's a timeless body style! I get compliments all the time.

Quick Reply: Do people still compliment you on your car?? Yes they do!!