SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

The Mother of All SC430 Tint Threads (merged tint discussion and pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-03, 05:52 AM
GLGTOY
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Armorglove. Very hard to detect in pictures
Attached Thumbnails The Mother of All SC430 Tint Threads (merged tint discussion and pictures)-armorglove1.jpg  
Old 10-26-03, 06:05 AM
GLGTOY
Rookie

The last one. If anyone is interested I had the job done at www.technik1.com Angelo and Gus are the owners, they are great at what they do.

On a different topic. I am looking at rims and tires, the runflats are almost worn out. I am looking into the HRE's 540's in 20". I like the fact that they support the runflat sensors. I will probably use Goodyear F1's . I love the thread look on these tires.
Has anyone had these put on their cars?
Attached Thumbnails The Mother of All SC430 Tint Threads (merged tint discussion and pictures)-armorglove2.jpg  
Old 10-26-03, 06:13 AM
golfkwesi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GLGTOY: thanks for posting the pics...looks great! Just curious if you considered 20% all the way around? A friend just leased a new car ( not SC430 ) & that is what he recommended to me.

Michael
Old 10-26-03, 09:19 AM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Originally posted by golfkwesi
GLGTOY: thanks for posting the pics...looks great! Just curious if you considered 20% all the way around? A friend just leased a new car ( not SC430 ) & that is what he recommended to me.

Michael
I recommend 20% also thats that I have on my sc and had on the gs.. I would also go with black onyx tint its real nice.
Old 10-26-03, 10:33 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Glgtoy, car looks great buddy. I went 35% all around, since both the 20 and 35% have exactly the same sun protection, but the 35% let a lot more light in, and people still can see inside perfectly. Another reason is the SC is already short in glass area, compounded by the lack of moonroof (additional source of light when sunshield/moonroof is open). By the way, even the 35% is very dark compared to stock.

I had my SC400 tinted with 20%, and had it redone a week later. Felt really cramped inside to begin with, and very unsafe at night due to the lack of visibility. The reflection from the dash lights was awful as well.

My only advice, especially if you never had tinted windows before, is to drive a car with the 20% before you consider that option. Make sure to drive at night too. Many people opt for the 20% for 'privacy' reasons, but be warned other drivers can still see you picking your nose.

Hope everybody here is having a wonderful weekend.

JC
Old 10-26-03, 11:01 AM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Here is my black/black with 20% all around.. The black leather also makes tint darker. I had all my cars tinted in the past with 35% or 20%.. I had 20% on my gs wht/tan and it looked a bit lighter then on the sc. I also used black onyx tint this time.. I am thinking about doing 35% on my windshield

Last edited by DeniskaGS4; 10-26-03 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-26-03, 12:29 PM
GLGTOY
Rookie

Thanks guys. I tinted the back at 20% and the rest 35% because I did not want to feel to confined in the car. I had the installer put 20% on the back windows. then I covered the windows with the different tints. I was then able to compare them. 20% was just a little to dark. The 35% gave me the look I wanted.

DeniskaGS4: Your car is looking sharp.
Old 10-26-03, 02:16 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Originally posted by GLGTOY
DeniskaGS4: Your car is looking sharp.
Thanks except its real dirty in that pic
Old 02-03-05, 08:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default tint and nav, specific for sc430

hey guys, i know a lot of you got tint on your cars already. do you know what kind of tint you using and does that interfere with the nav at all?

i am going to get my sc430 tinted this weekend, and they gave me a disclaimer that the nav could/might be affected, though he has never seen that happening before. my is300 (with nav) got tinted at this place too and i have zero problem with the tint and the nav, so that's a plus

but i wanna see what you says think, or experience? thanks, i need to know this by tomorrow
Old 02-03-05, 09:09 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Never had a problem with mine.35% sides and 20% rear.
Old 02-03-05, 09:48 PM
alvinn
Rookie

well im a pro tinter here in the Bay area and i can tell you that you wil have no problem at all even with the most reflective tint. I have a 00 TL with navi and i have tinted all around with front windshild and sunroof with reflective tint and i never had a problem with my navi or my radio. I know the book says not to use metal films but i have tinted all kinds of nice car with the newest technology and no problem at all.
Old 02-04-05, 12:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by alvinn
well im a pro tinter here in the Bay area and i can tell you that you wil have no problem at all even with the most reflective tint. I have a 00 TL with navi and i have tinted all around with front windshild and sunroof with reflective tint and i never had a problem with my navi or my radio. I know the book says not to use metal films but i have tinted all kinds of nice car with the newest technology and no problem at all.
ah that's awesome!!! thanks for the info. is it coz' the antenna isn't inside the car? just curious. seems like i won't have any problem. and damn, you are in bay area, that sux.... my car is in LA area (was up here for the past 2 months!)... otherwise i would have talked to you earlier

what's your shop and where is it? you gotta get your GS done and go to our meets
Old 02-04-05, 10:51 AM
alvinn
Rookie

im still looking for a GS right now. Im from Socal but i go to school in SF. I go back to socal whenever there is break from school. You can ask me anything about tint or the clear bra. I have been tinting for the past few years and according to my expereince, none of the cars come back for the navi or radio. I work at a shop very close to SFO, i dont own the shop but i started the tint business there. THe profit in the bayarea is alot higher in socal.
Old 02-04-05, 01:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by alvinn
im still looking for a GS right now. Im from Socal but i go to school in SF. I go back to socal whenever there is break from school. You can ask me anything about tint or the clear bra. I have been tinting for the past few years and according to my expereince, none of the cars come back for the navi or radio. I work at a shop very close to SFO, i dont own the shop but i started the tint business there. THe profit in the bayarea is alot higher in socal.
tell me about it, another reason why i get my car worked on mostly in socal
Old 02-04-05, 03:00 PM
alvinn
Rookie

tell you about.......?

Quick Reply: The Mother of All SC430 Tint Threads (merged tint discussion and pictures)