SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Just ordered

Old 05-31-11, 10:58 PM
UnSub
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you review the website, it basically states there is no performance improvement. You can achieve the same result by pressing the pedal further, faster. I think this will boil down to a personal preference thing. It certainly will feel more aggressive to start with. It seems like that over time a driver would revert to driving his or her normal speeds but with a more touchy and less forgiving gas petal.
Old 06-01-11, 03:28 AM
Tensi
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again, I own it. The same results cannot be achieved by pressing the throttle 'further and faster'. There is no performance gain. Its just a matter of killing the lag.

Anyway, enjoy the debate for the debaters in here.
Old 06-01-11, 05:09 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tensi
i'm not looking for any performance gain it tells you that, just the delay. now you have one and you like it. i'm sure its not playing mine games with you.
Old 06-01-11, 07:28 AM
jimmer!
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think the original intent of this thread was necessarily 'performance gain.'
it's about getting rid of the off-the-line lag.
does this device do that?
if not, what does?
Old 06-01-11, 08:03 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

all it does is tell the ecu that you stomped on the gas when you press it normally. if you do stomp on the gas, it gets rid of the "lag" too. if there were an actual delay in relaying the information to the ecu, it would show in the 0-60 times.
Old 06-01-11, 08:53 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Please do let us know how you like it because sometimes I have to mash the pedal to the floor to accelerate appropriately other wise my car doesn't go anywhere
Old 06-01-11, 09:40 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

systemshok
if it takes out that delay i will be happy and keep it other wise 30day guarentee return. like i said, if it dose that, i will be fine with that.
like Tenis said it takes out the lag, seems to work for him. the guys who have the Blitz they seem to like theirs. the only way to find out is try it. 30 day money back guarentee. Blitz don't have money back so i can't go wrong, but time to put it in and try it.

Last edited by bacardi; 06-01-11 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-01-11, 09:41 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had the Blitz Throttle Controller for a while now. As some have stated there is no performance gains just kill the lag a bit. As for the product I think its OK but could be better. I just face reality, the SC is not really built to perform. But that wasnt the reason I bought the car so im ok with it.
Old 06-01-11, 10:00 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

IcEnPinKi
I agree with you 100% you sumed it up. you have the Blitz in your car. maybe the Sprint Booster is a little better,who knows. i'll try it and let you all know. if i think it works, i'll tell you, and if it don't you will all know.

Last edited by bacardi; 06-01-11 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-01-11, 10:28 AM
SystemShok
Driver

I totally ok not giving increase in performance but if it takes out the sometimes SIGNIFICANT delay/lag that it and of itself is a huge improvement. Seriously guys sometimes the delay is like "wtf my gas pedal is almost on the floor and nothing is happening"... then it takes off kind of scenario if you guys know what i mean..
Old 06-01-11, 10:33 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its ok and i honestly think that the product does work just dont expect that this is a miracle mod that once you step on the gas you will launch like a rocket. You will feel a difference.
Old 06-01-11, 10:46 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

IcEnPinKi
thats what i thought. the lag was my thought only.
Old 06-01-11, 11:27 AM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SystemShok
I totally ok not giving increase in performance but if it takes out the sometimes SIGNIFICANT delay/lag that it and of itself is a huge improvement. Seriously guys sometimes the delay is like "wtf my gas pedal is almost on the floor and nothing is happening"... then it takes off kind of scenario if you guys know what i mean..
If your lag is that bad, maybe you should get your car checked out. I can feel a slight lag in mine as others do, but it's not that bad. Otherwise, you may want to try a performance based mod like 3.76 lsd or some others.
Old 06-01-11, 11:57 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

redliner8
i've been in racing over 40 years, changing gears to 5.13 is not going to change one thing the problem will still be there. the problem is that there is no throttle cable so your foot dose not have full control of the opening and closing of the throttle, it controlled electricity so there is a delay from the time you step on the gas and the time the computer receives the signal. this is what the sprint booster is trying to help out if it work great. i know you no what i'm talking about we all have it, if the sprint booster can help it out alittle that would be great.
IcEnPinKi has the Blitz controller on his, just trying to help the lag out.

Last edited by bacardi; 06-01-11 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-01-11, 12:55 PM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not arguing about the sprint mod. I'm just saying if SystemShok is experiencing a serious delay like described, it'd be best to have his/her car looked at because it's not normal. I don't know if his/her comment was an exaggeration or if it really doesn't move when its floored.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just ordered