SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Got Ripped Off on SC430 Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-11, 08:49 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got Ripped Off on SC430 Headlight

Well I bought a 06+ passenger headlight from a guy in Glendale, CA for $480 bucks and he hasnt sent me my headlight or money back. Keeps insisting he will send me my money back but its been a month.

I have his name, address, and phone number but I don't think that will do me any good unless someone wants to collect for me.. =(

Apparently this same guy has ripped 3 other people on eBay off and his account has been disabled. Looks like a total amount in the neighborhood of $3,000+
Old 05-19-11, 08:57 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That sucks. But it should be covered under ebay's buyer protection program. I had to file a claim once. It took a little while, but I got my money back.
Old 05-19-11, 08:59 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Unfortunately thats where I messed up. I bought it outside of eBay. I found his auction and emailed him directly and bought it from him directly.
Old 05-19-11, 09:24 PM
Jace_91
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you send a check or go through paypal? You can still file a dispute on paypal.
Old 05-19-11, 09:32 PM
cyberlexus
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully you paid with paypal
Old 05-19-11, 11:09 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn bro.. that sucks. I got my headlights off of Ebay too. Hope it works out for you.
Old 05-19-11, 11:33 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

I been ripped off before too and it really sucks. I was ripped off by ***** on G35driver forum for some wheels. It was costly lesson. I know now not to make mistake again and I am very hesitate to buy anything unless I can pick it up.

Thread 1
http://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coup...nova-love.html
Thread 2
http://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-o...nova-love.html
Old 05-20-11, 04:27 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow that sucks. I thought i was gonna get scammed for my headlights but i got them. Theyve been sitting in my bathroom for quite awhile. It took the guy a few days to ship them. Sorry for your lost man hope you get your money back!
Old 05-20-11, 05:34 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

if you paid by postal money order it becomes postal fraud. you need to go to the post office.
Old 05-20-11, 07:26 AM
westxype
Rookie

Sucks to hear man. What's the ebay user name so we all know not to buy from that person?
Old 05-20-11, 08:49 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Account suspended...probably will reincarnate....watch out!

Feel the loss though.
Old 05-20-11, 10:00 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being that the person is from Glendale, I wouldn't be surprised if he were part of that on-going Armenian crime syndicate that the police have been investigating recently. I would go help you collect money, given that I live only 7 miles away, but I would be vastly afraid of retaliation.

Those Armenian gangsters are notorious for pulling scams, especially car stuff.
Old 05-20-11, 10:59 AM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Man, that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Did you send money order or paypal? If it's paypal you can get them involved.

There are some smaller collection agencies that work off fees collected only (like 30%) that may take a small case like this and harrass the hell out of them. Might be worth a look...

I used to be wreckless in my aggressive behavior towards folks that I had issues with and learned important lessons that your life isn't worth $480 bucks to fight over. The old me would have joined you to bang on their door and meet myself and my friend the dirty harry special, but it's just not worth it anymore.

You can mail him and e-mail him to death....
Old 05-20-11, 11:21 AM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
Well I bought a 06+ passenger headlight from a guy in Glendale, CA for $480 bucks and he hasnt sent me my headlight or money back. Keeps insisting he will send me my money back but its been a month.

I have his name, address, and phone number but I don't think that will do me any good unless someone wants to collect for me.. =(

Apparently this same guy has ripped 3 other people on eBay off and his account has been disabled. Looks like a total amount in the neighborhood of $3,000+
Hi VIP,

I can really only offer moral support.

If you sent the check via the US Postal Service, check with their mail fraud folks, they might be able to go after this guy for you.

I have a good friend who's daughter is some type of investigator with the USPS.

I belong to another forum which has a lot of transactions for used gear/parts and the scamming was rampant. Then the general consensus there became to use a 3rd party/intermediary. Both parties ship the goodies & the money to the 3rd party, he inspects the goodies for conformance to the ad, notifies both parties and if they both agree, the money is sent to the seller & the goodies to the buyer.

Maybe we should set something like that up for the Club Lexus people. Hopefully, it would stop this @#&%@#.

Jerry Baumchen
Old 05-20-11, 12:35 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you paid through Paypal, you can file a claim with them. Unfortunately, they're owned by ebay and it's against their rules to do an outside sale. So they might not be much help. Good luck. I hope you get it back. Either way, karma will catch up with this guy. Sooner or later he'll scam the wrong person and get what he has coming.

Quick Reply: Got Ripped Off on SC430 Headlight