SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Easter Sunday Escape: Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-11, 08:10 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Easter Sunday Escape: Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!

For those of you like me trying to escape the ham and hats with sun dresses with the family on Easter Sunday, maybe some Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars will help do the trick!

First up:

The ever so lovely Pine SC430...so dark, so lovely...WAIT!!!! IT'S BLACK! No, it's green...no black...

This is a truly unique color in my opinion is one of the most beautiful unique colors Lexus made. This and the Twilight Amethyst Pearl-which you hardly ever see either.

Beautiful chrome twists on it, super clean condition at Park Place and Dallas. I think it was $28k with 60k miles on it. 2004

Next up: A stunning Indigo Ink Pearl with chromies...beautiful too!

Two rare SC colors in the same day!!!

Nice classic T-bird-LOVE THE CONTRASTING HARD TOP (optional)
Attached Thumbnails Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-photo2.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-ph18oto.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-phot17o.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-p4ho3to.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-p18hoto.jpg  

Old 04-24-11, 08:14 AM
scdroptop

Default More...rare finds

Okay, how about a Porsche 356 coupe fully restored with burgandy/red interior from the early 60's??? Wow!!!! Very rare car.

Nice Aston Martins...some caged in to keep the papparazzi out!!! DB9 Volante in SUPER rare yellow!!!
Attached Thumbnails Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-ph21oto.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-photo.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-p16hoto.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-ph6oto.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-p15hoto.jpg  

Old 04-24-11, 08:27 AM
scdroptop

Okay a few more...

Another rare porsche classic-the coveted 968. Fastest production car made at the time. The Turbo S had an inline 4 cylinder that produced a whopping 300+ HP back in the day in the early 90's that was a lot!!

Also, another quick note: Until the Cayenne, this was the last front engined vehicle Pcars made and the last car with a front engine till the Panamera in 2009. Last four cylinder too!

Some nice Rolls...We have two. One is not so rare, the Rolls Royce Phantom (big deal, right? sedan), then we have a beauty...Rolls Royce Ghost 2010. Two tone silver top on it-gorgeous!!!

Bentley Continental GTC Coupe...wow! 600+HP in that big beast!!!!

You gotta love the sexy curves on the new Maserati Gran Turismo!!! Look at that...not a big fan of burgandy, nor the burgandy top (unless it was a silver car or something) but this is sexy!!!
Attached Thumbnails Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-p4hoto.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-p5hoto.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-p13hoto.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-ph7oto.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-ph8oto.jpg  

Old 04-24-11, 08:35 AM
scdroptop

A few more then I'll quit...

How about a beautiful 2003 white gold crystal with chrome wheels, 60k miles and a $28k price tag??? Wow...very clean though...funny thing is that the dealer (Park Place) was packed! No recession today. Two different parties drove this car while I was there and it was the only SC on the lot!

Then I'd like to review the 2011 IS350C FSport Special Edition. Comes in two colors-black and white. Both have the two toned black and red interior, which I love!!! What I don't like is the ugly ISC rear decklid (unchanged)...couldn't they have put a spoiler on it for $56k???? Wow!!! Love the badges, LOVE the wheels, love the interior, EXCEPT for that ugly gray wood. Never did like this on the IS. They have carried this wood since 2006. Why couldn't they have done a black piano wood or something else? Too much going on-and when I say this, it really must be true, because I like busy colors!!!

Read these for more:

http://www.lexus.com/models/ISC/F-Sp...ion/index.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/18/2...-to-175-units/

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/lexus/2...-ar105263.html

All in all, this is a sweet car though. In a couple of years, slap a spoiler on the rear end and pick up it used for about $40k and you might have a good deal. What do you all think????
Attached Thumbnails Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-9photo.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-8photo.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-2photo.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-5photo.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-4photo.jpg  

Old 04-24-11, 08:37 AM
scdroptop

more pics...no comments
Attached Thumbnails Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-3photo.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-1photo.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-7photo.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-6photo.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-ph11oto.jpg  

Old 04-24-11, 08:42 AM
scdroptop

More...

What the hell is this???

Corvette Calloway??? No...

1953 resto-mod conversion of a C5 Vette. Apparently there is a big following of these cars. Check them out on flickr:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...&pstart=1&b=85

Another classy white tbird-two on the same day? Both with the hard tops?? Wow!!!

Ugly E500 convertible. YUK...sorry. Just my opinion but looks like an updated chrysler sebring! I thought Daimler Crysler was done? MBZ took a step back on this car.

******My favorite new car of the day: Aston Martin Rapide...first sedan made Aston Martin.

Very cool!!!
Attached Thumbnails Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-pho9to.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-ph10oto.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-pho3to.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-ph19oto.jpg   Easter Sunday Escape:  Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!-ph14oto.jpg  

Old 04-24-11, 09:40 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

some nice cars there
Old 04-24-11, 09:53 AM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....some great pics. You outdid yourself today! That vette restoration looks like the Batmobile.
Old 04-24-11, 11:14 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Does your wife/kids wonder where you go for hours in the morning when you're out snapping pictures?

But about the IS-C F sport, it might look better if the gray wood was a pure black wood to match the seats and maybe with some red on the dash?

Did you sit in it though? The leather is SOFT. I sat in one at the Dallas Auto Show a few weeks ago.
Old 04-24-11, 12:22 PM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the old Porsche body with the new Porsche wheels. Great pics! I was waiting for a new edition of this to come out. Wish they had one of these in Jacksonville, maybe someone would capture my car on film! lol. Thanks again and Happy Easter.
Old 04-24-11, 01:11 PM
scdroptop

Originally Posted by huy33
Does your wife/kids wonder where you go for hours in the morning when you're out snapping pictures?

But about the IS-C F sport, it might look better if the gray wood was a pure black wood to match the seats and maybe with some red on the dash?

Did you sit in it though? The leather is SOFT. I sat in one at the Dallas Auto Show a few weeks ago.
I did sit in it-very soft, you are right. Very nice finish inside...but I have to say that the G37 is far superior to the IS-C IMO. The G37 just feels more "substantial" and more options with the music box, cooled seats, paddle shifters, etc. I don't know-maybe I'm just biased towards the G. I have driven and sat in both and to me there is no comparison for the same money. In looks, options, tech, etc. I would be curious to see the decision process of why someone would by the IS-C (just the base or even top of the line) versus the G37. The G37 has recaro style wrap-around-you seats like a sports car should. I liked the IS-C seats, don't get me wrong, but that wood is a little dated and out of place and the rear decklid I have a HUGE problem with! Needs a spoiler badly. Remember the first generation SC's? Almost all of the 92-95 SC300's came with no spoiler and the rear end simply looked ugly. Put a spoiler on-problem solved! That's why I always liked the 400's at first.

My son is usually with me lots of the time-he loves checking out cars too! Especially at PP or Sewell where he can get a cookie or candy or something to drink and hang out. Park Place Plano has a miniature golf green he plays on too! Always a good choice!
Old 04-24-11, 04:26 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

75 in NYC today......top down all the way until it rain at 6:55pm.....

That white IS-C's black/red interior looks good.
Old 04-24-11, 05:09 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scdroptop
I did sit in it-very soft, you are right. Very nice finish inside...but I have to say that the G37 is far superior to the IS-C IMO. The G37 just feels more "substantial" and more options with the music box, cooled seats, paddle shifters, etc. I don't know-maybe I'm just biased towards the G. I have driven and sat in both and to me there is no comparison for the same money. In looks, options, tech, etc. I would be curious to see the decision process of why someone would by the IS-C (just the base or even top of the line) versus the G37. The G37 has recaro style wrap-around-you seats like a sports car should. I liked the IS-C seats, don't get me wrong, but that wood is a little dated and out of place and the rear decklid I have a HUGE problem with! Needs a spoiler badly. Remember the first generation SC's? Almost all of the 92-95 SC300's came with no spoiler and the rear end simply looked ugly. Put a spoiler on-problem solved! That's why I always liked the 400's at first.

My son is usually with me lots of the time-he loves checking out cars too! Especially at PP or Sewell where he can get a cookie or candy or something to drink and hang out. Park Place Plano has a miniature golf green he plays on too! Always a good choice!
I'm like an old man, I like the soft/comfortable rides. I've only sat in the the ISC and G37 convertible. I just need to test drive them so I can have a better comparison. I sat in all the cars during the auto show this past month and I'll have to admit the Volvo S80 has some nice comfy seats. The Fiat was pretty high up there too.

I love the putt putt green at Park Place too. I always get two cookies and a can of Dr. Pepper when I go to Sewell. Don't judge me...
Old 04-24-11, 06:54 PM
scdroptop

I've got it down now between all the dealers in DFW:

Sewell Infiniti (I have my FX35 there) has the best snacks...fresh baked cookies and muffins throughout the day. ***Coincidentally they also have the BEST car wash by far as they use window cleaner, clean the dash, vacuum and do you wheels/tires for you!!!! If I put a price on their wash, I would say it would be a $25-$30 wash for FREE!!! They also have a hassle free waiting room that usually is quiet with no TV blaring and lots of eye candy if you know what I mean!!! They also have a much smaller volume too, and there are two other Infiniti dealers in the DFW area to compete with. Sewell Infiniti is # 1 out of all three though, no surprise...and they typically are at the top of Infiniti dealer sales. I love going there, but at a 15-20 mile trip with gas being $4/gal for premium in my FX I would rather go to the Mini Dealer (reviewed below). Sewell Infiniti has an amazing machine where you get no water spots (at all) on your car when it's done. Having three black beauties that's a real plus!!! I opt for the fresh fruit they always have too. They also have great loaners...base model G37's or EX.

Sewell Lexus car wash is also good, but they do not do your wheels and tires. Even if you buy a brand new $85k LS Hybrid or LX570-doesn't matter. Your car will typically have some drops of water and perhaps the wheels still a little dirty. I think they do a little work on the interior. Based on the large volume they do, I understand! They do turn them pretty quick. Most of the time you'll be staring at a bunch of grannies in the waiting room because all chairs kind of face each other and they are slammed. Not a lot of room...BUT, bonus on Saturdays oftentimes they'll have a fresh baked cookie and blue bell ice cream person there making ice cream sandwiches!!! Wow!!! That makes up for having nothing during the week! Great loaner cars...IS250, ES350, RX350 or the small hybrid too. Very cool.

Park Place Lexus is good, waiting room is nice, lots of places to roam but I've never seen anything less than a one hour wait. No wheels/tires and doesn't look like anything on the interior. Put Put golf course as Huy mentioned and nice waiting room-free drinks, nice magazines, newly remodeled showroom and lots of room.

****My new find is the brand new Sewell Mini Dealership at Park/Tollway. Sewell always says you can take any of your cars there, so I have taken both my FX and my SC there. Very cool, posh dealership...makes you think of the W Hotel when you go. Great drinks, waiting area is all brand new and it's a fun place. The wash is just ok also...it's free, right??? Can't complain. Always need to dry off water spots and do the wheels/tires later. I usually finish with a Zaino finishing spray and detail the tires/wheels at home.

Park Place Grapevine-only gone once when I lived in Grapevine and the waiting room is large, luxurious and the car wash is just basic-no wheels and tires. Sewell Infiniti might be the only one that does that. Still free...no snacks, free drinks. Used to take my Rx.

I say the word "free" very loosely, because anyone who has bought a Lexus, Infiniti or other flagship luxury automobiles has paid dearly for that ride and these are just nice perks. They don't have to do it, but on the other hand...it pays to play!

Well, that's the DFW area Lexus and other dealer breakdown of car washes!
Old 04-24-11, 07:17 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

The Sewell Mini Dealership at Park/Tollway dealership that scdroptop talks about is right next to the Costco on the Tollway. It's brand new inside basically. I took a tour of it with the Mini folks a while ago before they opened. They have some bright colors but they're a Mini dealership. Nice dealership though. I'm going to ride along with my friend the next time he takes his car in to get serviced.

I know Sewell Lexus in Dallas will vacuum the carpet for ya. I never have my car washed from any dealerships so I have no comparison. I brought my car back to them Thursday evening since I heard a rattle after I took it home for my 15k service. I've had one of their IS250 since then. I love driving their HS but no CT200 loaners yet. Only thing that can make Sewell Lexus better is if Sewell Lexus Parts Online would let the local folks pickup their product there.

Park Place in Plano rubbed me the wrong way a few months ago when I had a tree branch stuck in my car's undercarriage and they couldn't raise my car to take out the branch when it was only 5pm and told me to come back the next day. I had to drive down the street to McDavid Acura to have my dad's service advisor do it. I sent him a nice gift card the next day since he wouldn't take my money.

Quick Reply: Easter Sunday Escape: Saturday Starbucks Coffee and Cars Run!