SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 vs Female Teenage Driver

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-11, 07:52 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default SC430 vs Female Teenage Driver

Just got my car back less than a month ago after being in an accident. Tonight some girl on her phone decided to put it right back in the shop. Only good news is my new wheels hadn't made it from Japan yet.

Old 04-13-11, 07:57 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Man.. Im sorry bro. That sucks. I hope you have a good body shop. Rear quarters are a pain in the a.. when you have creases like that.
Old 04-13-11, 08:01 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Ugggghhhh! Sorry to hear man. At least you were not hurt and I'm assuming she has insurance, etc. Could have been worse...like you said, with your expensive wheels on it.

More than likely they will replace the rear quarter and bumper cover. Make sure you have them triple-inspect under the bumper and quarter as well as antenna for any other damage.
Old 04-13-11, 08:08 PM
Yes

Thanks. I just feel sick to my stomach. The only thing that pissed me off was when it happened, she apologized and said she wasn't paying attention. Between then and the time the cops showed up, about an hour, she talked to someone on the phone and changed her story. When they got there, she said I cut into her lane. The cop said he had to file it as a conflicting report and let our insurance companies fight it out. I did see a traffic camera though, so hopefully that caught it on video.
Old 04-13-11, 08:08 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow! How unlucky! Good thing you didnt your wheels on yet.. Total failure! Hope it comes back out looking brand new
Old 04-13-11, 08:56 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
Thanks. I just feel sick to my stomach. The only thing that pissed me off was when it happened, she apologized and said she wasn't paying attention. Between then and the time the cops showed up, about an hour, she talked to someone on the phone and changed her story. When they got there, she said I cut into her lane. The cop said he had to file it as a conflicting report and let our insurance companies fight it out. I did see a traffic camera though, so hopefully that caught it on video.
(edited)

Maybe there is some way to get a report from her cell carrier on the time and duration of that phone call she made and to show it coincides with the time of the crash. Maybe that is an invasion of privacy? When the cop showed up and she changed her story (and yeah, I know it is too late now) you could have said to her in front of the cop: "What time would you say the accident occurred? (she tells you) So you weren't on the phone? (she says no) Then do mind showing the officer you 'most recent calls' stored on your phone YOU (edited)!!!!!!!!&&^%^%*^%*^%^%$%$$$!!!! Ohhh OHHHHH!!!!" And ev if she says no, then the cop would be suspicious that she is a BIG FAT LIARRRRRRRR ohh OHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, so sorry to see that happen.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-14-11 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-13-11, 09:14 PM
Yes

Long version of what happened is right before the cops showed up she came over and said she couldn't wait any longer and wanted to trade information. Then she said, "Oh and I'm not admitting anything." That's when I got pissed. I told her that's not what she said half an hour ago. And she said she just said that to see if I'd admit it was my fault. I suppose that sounds logical in the mind of a teenager.

When the cop got there, he took our statements separately away from each other. He took hers first. As he was taking mine, she was already back in her car ready to drive off. I asked him to ask her to her face if she changed her story to me and he wouldn't do it, which pissed me off more. I asked him three times and he said she would just lie anyway, which is probably true. But she might have stumbled over herself and admitted it.

I have a bad feeling my insurance will end up paying mine and hers will pay hers. My insurance just paid out over $12,000 when I hit a curb, which was my fault, so my premium is probably going to be insane.
Old 04-14-11, 01:57 AM
Jace_91
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yikes, that really sucks, what part of her car was damaged did you get any pics of her car? It would make it easier to determine for the insurance companies. Hopefully the cops will end up putting her at fault, there were not witnesses were there? Who do you have for insurance, I've had progressive for over 4 years now so I am a diamond member and my rates don't increase even after a large accident so thats good. The only part that sucks is that you'll have to be without your car again.
Old 04-14-11, 04:20 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

Boy you've had no luck, but your ok.
Old 04-14-11, 04:26 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too am so sorry to hear of your misfortune. But the good thing is that you are alright and the metal & plastic can be fixed. I wish the phone companies would do something about phone useage while a vehicle is moving. I don't have the answers, but something should be done. A lot of people just aren't smart enough to do two things well at the same time. Like Clint Eastwood said in one of his movies,
"A man has to know his limitations".
But on the bright side you are keeping someone in the autobody business busy. lol I know it's not funny, but it's true.
Old 04-14-11, 05:36 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

That's a big ouch.

I remember my daughter's 1st accident (knock on wood) licensed not even 6 months, Senior year in HS, failure to yield. She hit a classmate's car who also was her good friend and also lived in the neighborhood.

She thought with a few hundred miles under her belt, she can drive distracted. NOT!

I feel for you. No accident is a good accident. Hurts everybody, no matter whose fault it is.

Teenagers!!!

...now remember we were once teenagers.
Old 04-14-11, 06:01 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-11, 06:13 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
When they got there, she said I cut into her lane.
Where is the damage on her car? Especially if it is in the front of her car, it doesn't look good for the home team since your damage is in the "blind spot" and so her changing lane lie has legs.

Definitely feel your pain, dude.
Old 04-14-11, 06:35 AM
TheStigSC
Pole Position

Wow, I am very sorry to hear about your luck. I hate hearing about accidents. It always seems like the cops are just there to keep you moving, and they never seem to help. I am a teenage driver and I pride myself in being an extremely good driver for someone of any age as well as being responsible on the road. Unfortunately, many of my generation do not share the same care that I do and are irresponsible and careless. Regardless, just remember that it was only damage to your car, and we didn't have to lose one of our wonderful CL members. Like stated above, make sure the body shop is triple inspecting things! You don't want to wait and find out they missed something and then pay it out of pocket. Good luck with everything man. I hope the judge/insurance companies don't turn this on you and that everything works out!
Old 04-14-11, 06:41 AM
SystemShok
Driver

I give you credit for holding your cool man.. I would have flipped out. Teenage brat talking on the phone and have the nerve to flat out lie. Man.. I hope you don't get penalized and hope she gets penalized and then some.

If the accident happened WITH your new wheels I would have drank a 40oz just to get over your pain.

Quick Reply: SC430 vs Female Teenage Driver