SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)
View Poll Results: What's an acceptable delay to resolve this glitch?
I want the LuxLink now…NOW, NOW, NOW!
14.81%
If a delay of a couple of weeks means the glitch is fixed, it’s worth the wait.
22.22%
I'd be willing to wait an additional 4-6 weeks to make sure it’s right.
18.52%
However long it takes – Do it once, do it right.
44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

About-To-Be New LuxLink Owners - Need Your Opinion/Input

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-11, 01:07 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Habious
I certainly agree that it's a totally different problem if you live someplace where it's always sunny and 82°!!

I've had the top go down "uncommanded" when I started the car on a rainy evening.

At that time, it was more than just "a little annoying"!! It dumped a mess of water (from the back window and roof) into the trunk of my car (and onto my CarPC). Not to mention, my seats got wet from the rain coming down, until I could put the top back up.

Originally Posted by grabber2
One reason I'm hold it back at this time....I can order one now, but I'm not sure if I will install it. I don;t know how to install nor know any shop that can install it correctly
Personally, I wouldn't hold back for that reason. Again, if you stick to single functions, "top down" "remote start" there is no glitch. The unit works as advertised. It is only when you combine functions simultaneously that you can get a glitch.

People say that it is not easy to install, however, no one has ever had to walk away. Steve is availble by telephone and seems really good about answering questions. There are online instructions with pictures. I'd check with an upscale car stereo place where you live.
Old 04-06-11, 01:12 PM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can remove the door panel, misc. trim, count, and solder wires...there is no reason anyone can't do this install.

Don't holdback based on installation and certainly don't hold back based on the "glitch".

The glitch is software related and Steve is checking into how quick of a fix it would be to fix.

I plan to wait to hear from Steve and go from there. Basicallly if it can't be adjusted to accomodate the "glitch"...I'm still getting mine!
Old 04-06-11, 01:20 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
Don't holdback based on installation and certainly don't hold back based on the "glitch".

The glitch is software related and Steve is checking into how quick of a fix it would be to fix.

I plan to wait to hear from Steve and go from there. Basicallly if it can't be adjusted to accomodate the "glitch"...I'm still getting mine!
2nded!

I'm the one making the most noise about this glitch...and I'm not basing my decision to, or not to, get it based on this.

It is a MINOR glitch. But, if I can get it fixed, I honestly think the LuxLink would be perfect!
Old 04-06-11, 01:46 PM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Habious
2nded!

I'm the one making the most noise about this glitch...and I'm not basing my decision to, or not to, get it based on this.

It is a MINOR glitch. But, if I can get it fixed, I honestly think the LuxLink would be perfect!
Agreed!
Old 04-06-11, 01:55 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake

I don't intend to ever put the top down and start the car in a single function. I'm not even sure why there's value in that, especially because you then have to use the key to manually unlock the door since the remote is locked out at that point.
CORRECTION: If you press unlock after lock-lock, the car is unlocked and you only need to place the key in the ignition. You will be able to enter the car as though you pressed unlock on the remote-because you did. I use luxlink on a daily basis (almost), thanks to southern california weather. I always use the lock-lock-unlock which allows the car to start, top and windows go down AND the car is unlocked. I never use remote start only (no need to) and when not putting the top down press unlock on the remote to enter and start the car the old fashioned way. If I resided in florida, I would never use the remote start solely because of this glitch and if I lived in Cold country and the weather is so cold you want to use remote start-when is the last time you had the roof down? Maybe its that since I been gone from Chicago so long, I forgot the extremes of weather! Remember the SC is a warm weather car (convertible) and you must take certain precautions when you don't live in the warm weather. I fear we're making more out of this than we should. When you have luxlink installed, you will see that it IS the best mod you will ever do to you SC!

John
Old 04-06-11, 02:03 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
I fear we're making more out of this than we should. When you have luxlink installed, you will see that it IS the best mod you will ever do to you SC!

John
Agreed that it's the bed mod ever. It's a requirement for this car!

As for making more out of this than we should...that was my point of this thread...to find out if people thought this was an issue worth pursuing or not. It does seem like there are vocal proponents on both sides of the isle.

Seems like most folks in the thread are saying "live with it", but most folks voting in the poll are saying a two-week or more delay to fix this would be acceptable.

Although, I had to admit...it does seem that the suvey results are a bit skewed in that most folks who are chiming in saying "it's no big deal" live somewhere where it's always sunny and 82°, even at night!
Old 04-06-11, 03:37 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Opinions

Hi Guys,

I thought I would throw my thoughts out there; since I am about 60-40 towards getting a unit.

I understand, that once everyone has paid ( please don't scrub this thread, mods ), there will be a waiting period of 6-8 weeks to get the units built.

If you add 4-6 weeks for the 'fix' you will be, potentially, 14 weeks after he gets all of the checks; which could take 4-6 weeks from now.

That would, at the worst, be 20 weeks from now.

I could live with the glitch & voted that way.

My opinions are worth what you have paid for them.

Jerry Baumchen
Old 04-06-11, 09:10 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

hopefully its a quick fix, i think it should be fixed but i dont want to wait 20 weeks. I dont think its going to take long until production starts maybe a week i think some people were just hesitant at first.

Steve is pretty good maybe his speed on resolution would be quick- IMO Lexus should have bought this technology from him and had it on the car stock and charged A WHOLE LOT more money for the car since its competitors might not have the remote engine, shock sensor, and remote drop top. Something like that would have created more demand...also things like multimedia but thats another story!
Old 04-07-11, 05:45 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Not sure how many of you are on the Luxury Motorworks FB site, but it appears Steve has been in contact with his engineer and so far it looks like a quick reprogramming fix.

Basically what I'm saying is...as of right now...it's a WIN/WIN situation for all involved!

Kudos to Steve!!!

Old 04-07-11, 08:10 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

NICE! Yea Steve is on top of his game, i cant wait to get this thing install. I wish they had something similar for the IS250 as far as the upgraded alarm and remote start goes...maybe he can look into it.
Old 04-07-11, 12:31 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
Not sure how many of you are on the Luxury Motorworks FB site, but it appears Steve has been in contact with his engineer and so far it looks like a quick reprogramming fix.

Basically what I'm saying is...as of right now...it's a WIN/WIN situation for all involved!

Kudos to Steve!!!

Hi PLAY,

If it turns out that I am wrong on my potential 20 wks, I will be as happy as any of you.

Jerry Baumchen
Old 04-07-11, 02:10 PM
Darthspeed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm willing to wait for the fix as well, however still want the LuxLink if it functions as it has always. Sounds like there could be a fix from what I see on FB, so thats even better. Since I live in Oklahoma, if you don't like the weather....just wait a few minutes.
Old 04-07-11, 05:58 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm willing to wait if it can be fixed. Not cost an arm and a leg to fix. And not take forever to solve the glitch. I've lived without it for two years so far, so a little while longer isn't going to bother me too much. But if it can't be fixed, then to hell with the fix and I'll use it the way it is. I have a garage, so the idea of starting it up to warm up or cool off isn't that big a deal to me. Hell I heard about the luxlink and figured I was going to have to live without one. So I got lucky that they are making them available again. Steve do what you can, I believe you'll do what's right by all of us. I believe the count is at 22. We have 22 that have paid. Are they the same? I wonder.
Old 04-07-11, 07:39 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mrblister
If things get to difficult to please everyone and since the next run of luxlink is most likely the last . WE may have to calculate what are the down sides to the glitch. If it means that Steve would be pulling out from it . I would be willing to accept mine with the glitch. Yes it could be an inconveience for some but if its the only way forward I would live with it as is . Lifes not perfect
Seconded.
Old 04-08-11, 06:11 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Darthspeed
I'm willing to wait for the fix as well, however still want the LuxLink if it functions as it has always. Sounds like there could be a fix from what I see on FB, so thats even better. Since I live in Oklahoma, if you don't like the weather....just wait a few minutes.
Wait...that's what we say up here in Vermont. Seriously on onoe day I witnessed temps in the 70s and sunny, then rain, then temps dropped to mid 30s, then hail, then snow, then temps jumped back up to 60s and sunny again...litterally all with in about 5 hours....CRAZY!

Quick Reply: About-To-Be New LuxLink Owners - Need Your Opinion/Input