SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)
View Poll Results: Will you be attending the Dallas meet on 05/07?
Yes
81.82%
No
18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

RFDSM - Request For Dallas Spring Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-11, 04:01 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by antigeek

I really like Brick House Tavern (SE Park & Preston) in Plano. Lots of parking space to consolidate the wares, and a covered and open (air) bar. Closer to Addison, Jake's (5505 Belt Line, Dallas) has a huge patio and usually lots of available parking during the day. I could also talk to the manager tomorrow about a setup for us.
I'm in the I don't care/either dates/wherever works for me. It's funny that you brought up the Brick House Tarven/Plano since that's where the North Texas Lexus get- together is on Wednesday nights. It's always every Wednesday nights around 900pmish:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...ight-meet.html

Lots of room though.

How about a free Dr. Pepper drink on me for your birthday sir???
Old 04-14-11, 06:45 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXAS83
I took it to Sewell, and they eyeballed it and said it would be around $600 bucks to do the interior! Doesn't sound like that much but I figure I can try it myself and spend 10% of that on materials.

If it was $150 - $300 I would've been sold, but $300+ encourages me to give it a shot myself. I did the arm rest and it looked great, but I didn't use the adhesive and it started flaking on me.
Whoa!!!!! OMG that's high. Let's talk offline. I might be able to help. Maybe your entire interior is bad??? Armrest and door handles too?
Old 04-14-11, 06:48 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No its not that bad man. Drivers side has the rip, armrest has the elbow worn mark. Passenger seat is pristine. I'll connect with you over PM, don't want to hijack this thread.
Old 04-14-11, 06:51 PM
scdroptop

Originally Posted by huy33
I'm in the I don't care/either dates/wherever works for me. It's funny that you brought up the Brick House Tarven/Plano since that's where the North Texas Lexus get- together is on Wednesday nights. It's always every Wednesday nights around 900pmish:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...ight-meet.html

Lots of room though.

How about a free Dr. Pepper drink on me for your birthday sir???
I'm good with that...three minutes from my house!

Yeah, we haven't heard from Harold57...we need him too!

I sent Plano Bill a PM no response. Sean (Lexus!!!) should be in...he just moved here from MN and has a black/ecru beauty.

I'll PM harold.

Do you all want to bring some materials/goods to show off? Die casts? Books? Never Dull tailpipe polish class? Headlight scratch remover/cleaner? How about a 2006+ tail light DIY simul-cast? LOL Let's make our cars better!!!!

You all are talking about door dings....I have this amazing guy I use who is very reasonable I can ask him to meet us there. Very fast...great work and affordable. If you tell me how many panels and where I can get a quick quote. He's mobile. Also we can call our Detail Werkz guy that 76210guy and I used...they are amazing. Probably wouldn't have time for the full day deal, but perhaps a quickie for all???

We could meet at Park Place for car washes at first and take pics there? LOL

I'm excited!!!!!! I'll be more than happy to help anyone with DIY or small projects, scratches, scrapes or whatever I can do in short time. You saw my work on my key job...I can bring some stuff.

Hopefully I have time to install my Injen by then...been swamped at work!!!
Old 04-14-11, 06:51 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

I can't do the 30th but I can do the 7th.
Old 04-14-11, 06:52 PM
scdroptop

7th is good for me too...Sundays are good for me also as an alternate.
Old 04-14-11, 08:28 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn.. Both dates are bad for me. That sucks. The weekend of 4/23 & 5/14 is all I can do. Take pics for us. Maybe next time guys.
Old 04-14-11, 08:51 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Two people are preferring the 7th over the 30th while a bunch of folks are either free for both or free for none. I'll look at it again this weekend but it's leaning toward the 7th.

If you have any preference, here's the time to say it.
Old 04-15-11, 12:44 AM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should be able to come on the 7th. The 8th would be even better (less traffic).

Just think, gas should be $5 by then! $100 fill-ups!
Old 04-15-11, 11:40 AM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

I'm in law school and have finals until the 6th. 7th is the only date possible for me.

When are the rest of ya'll supposed to receive your LuxLinks? I highly recommend Jason over at JPI in Garland for the install. He did a great job on mine. It'll be 4 years this Summer and I have not had a single issue ever with the remote top or remote autostart!

For those looking to DIY, he did an in-depth forum post with pictures that walk through the install. Do a search for the post.
Old 04-17-11, 12:12 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

As far as I know, I'm available either Saturday. Park & Preston is about a 45 minute drive from my house.

Yes, I've been very busy and haven't had much of a chance to get on the forum lately. Plus in the last few weeks, when I get on the forum it screws up my pc. So either a virus or something has gotten into the forum's server or something is messed up on my pc. However, it is doing it on both my home and work machines, so I suspect that it is related to the forum and not my pc.
Old 04-17-11, 05:25 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5/7 works for me.
Old 04-18-11, 08:33 AM
darnot10
Driver

Originally Posted by TEXAS83
I'm in law school and have finals until the 6th. 7th is the only date possible for me.

When are the rest of ya'll supposed to receive your LuxLinks? I highly recommend Jason over at JPI in Garland for the install. He did a great job on mine. It'll be 4 years this Summer and I have not had a single issue ever with the remote top or remote autostart!

For those looking to DIY, he did an in-depth forum post with pictures that walk through the install. Do a search for the post.
Just out of curiosity can you tell us how much he charged you and what we could expect him to charge us if we went that route? Thanks.
dnot
Old 04-18-11, 04:59 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

We've waited long enough....

The SC430 DFW get-together will be held Saturday May 7th 4:00pm at the Brick House Tarvern/Plano, TX. Address for it is:

Brickhouse Tavern & Tap
4900 W Park Blvd
Plano, TX 75093
(972) 596-0916

It's on the southeast corner of Park and Preston. We'll park in the parking lot where the red X is and if for some reason it's full, we'll move to the blue X:

Hope to see everyone there

Last edited by huy33; 04-23-11 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-18-11, 06:00 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish I could transport to Texas..would love to go to this meet.. everyone make sure and take pictures, so we can see them all!!

Katy

Quick Reply: RFDSM - Request For Dallas Spring Meet