SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Specs on the head unit, amp and sub woofer

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 05:30 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Specs on the head unit, amp and sub woofer

I am sure this is an easy question for some one..I have the specs on the speakers..but I would like to know if anyone has the information on the ML head unit , amp and sub woofer. Make and model for the head unit- power output etc, and the same thing on the amp. Whats is the make and model of that and power specs?

I plan to take all of the information on the the system to a high end audio shop I found , to determine what direction to go on upgrading the system speakers and amp, keeping the head unit..

Help here anyone??
Katy
Old 04-04-11, 06:09 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

that info would be a great attribute for us SC owners. I keep having problems with my factory speakers -_- perhaps I should turn down the music :P I really wanna go with a full aftermarket system as well
Old 04-04-11, 06:56 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I think that might be a tricky one for you specifically, azkaty.

As you're the only one here (I think) who's got a 2010. Lexus made significant changes to the Nav and stereo on 2010 only.

The amp MIGHT be the same but, for-sure the head-unit is totally different.
Old 04-04-11, 10:34 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 04-05-11, 05:24 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Thanks Bob..got the PM.. does Lexus write in some manuals what every thing is? I am willing to bet that the speakers,and amp are the same. Which is what I want to change..I wonder if the amp and head unit are made by ML , and what model they are?

Katy
Old 04-05-11, 10:48 AM
VVTiBob

Here's what I've found. Beyond this, you might try Lexus Corporate Customer Service.

SC 430’s system features a six-disc, single feed, in-dash CD changer, seven
channel Digital Sound Processor (DSP) with a 240-watt amplifier pumping through nine speakers, including a dedicated subwoofer mounted behind the rear seat back and domed tweeters in the A-pillar.

It is fitted with an Automatic Sound Leveliser (ASL) that automatically adjusts for sound quality and clarity in open top and closed top situations.

The Mark Levinson amp designed for the Lexus SC 430 uses a discrete output technology to get 55 watts per channel times eight channels with a distortion level of only 0.01 percent.

The nine speakers in the Lexus SC 430 are specifically designed and manufactured by Harman, who is also the parent company of Mark Levinson, JBL, Infinity and Revel, to bring the needed impact to autos in general and especially to the convertible car environment. The driver complement includes two 2.5-inch midrange speakers and tweeters in both doors plus six-inch by nine-inch Kevlar composite speakers, also in the door. Four-inch mid-drivers are located behind the rear seats, along with an eight-inch subwoofer placed in the trunk.

The Levinson designers worked directly with Lexus to sculpt the seat cushions in the rear of the car to optimize the bass performance.

The last ingredient in the SC 430 system is equalization. Each speaker is
designed to work in a number of different environments, including top up and top down conditions. The use of EQ is the best way to maximize the performance of each driver as part of a total music system in the car. Additionally, the EQ system of the SC 430 allows for a different-sounding system when the top is up, as opposed to when it is down. As the top goes up, it automatically changes the EQ setting to optimize the sound of the system in a controlled environment.

I believe the head unit is made by Pioneer, but not 100% certain on that.
Old 04-05-11, 11:39 AM
tinshield
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VVTIBob aw some write up.
Old 04-05-11, 03:01 PM
VVTiBob

Thanks but I cannot take credit. It belongs to cut, copy, paste and edit a little here and there.
Old 04-05-11, 06:24 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Thanks Bob..I know that there are others out there that are looking for this information as well.

Katy
Old 08-15-11, 05:38 AM
shiningls
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you happen to know what kind of load the amp can handle? Will it support an 8ohm sub? I believe the factory sub is 16ohm and difficult to find an aftermarket replacement with the resistance. Even hard to find a DVC, 8ohm, 8", free air. Mine is fluttering bad and I need to pull it out. Debating on replacing, vs repairing.
The following users liked this post:
MattInLex (04-22-20)