** Need Info On Actual Schematics On Side Mirror Blinkers **

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-11, 12:17 PM
SystemShok
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** Need Info On Actual Schematics On Side Mirror Blinkers **

Hi all,

Well I called 2 different Lexus dealers and am more confused than before I called. 1 Lexus dealer said no you cannot fit the 09 side blinkers to a pre 09 SC430 at all meaning new wires AND different holes or fitment.

The other dealership said YES you can fit it but you have to figure out how to make the blinkers work, in other words you going to have to do some custom work with the WIRES not the actual mirror itself which this dealer states should fit with zero problems...

I can manage with the mirrors actually fitting on a pre 09 model and have a mechanic do some custom work to make the blinkers blink but the problem is I am not sure who I should believe if the mirrors would fit with no problems on a pre 09 SC ??

Anyone know on here who I should ask? Some CL sc430 guru I hope ?
Old 03-29-11, 04:50 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is there another member close to where you live, that you could get some measurements? Or how about a dealer?
Old 03-29-11, 05:16 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think VTi Bob can get them for you.
Katy
Old 03-29-11, 06:35 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
Is there another member close to where you live, that you could get some measurements? Or how about a dealer?

Yeah the nearest dealer to me is about 30 mins away. Though with measurements it would be a little difficult because you need the schematics of the inside of the mirror to see if pre 09's have the same 'holes' or fitment as the 2009's.. The easiest is having the actual diagram of the mirrors for 2009 and pre 09's..
Old 03-29-11, 06:35 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by azkaty
I think VTi Bob can get them for you.
Katy

Thanks Katy, I will shoot him a PM.
Old 03-29-11, 05:35 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are more than welcome!
Katy
Old 03-29-11, 05:54 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im pretty sure the fitment is the same, you will need to hook up the wiring though. IS people do this with the 06-08 IS to upgrade to the 09+ side mirrors. Bob should be able to get you the measurements but im almost 100% sure its goin to work. If you do this let me know because i want to do this as well. I know right now the side mirrors from the 09 i got my led tails is for sale and if you message the guy an tell him youll take both you can make him an offer lower than the list price. However they are in red to youll need to get them painted. That being said you might be able to get some in the same color
Old 03-30-11, 07:32 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by robertrios
im pretty sure the fitment is the same, you will need to hook up the wiring though. IS people do this with the 06-08 IS to upgrade to the 09+ side mirrors. Bob should be able to get you the measurements but im almost 100% sure its goin to work. If you do this let me know because i want to do this as well. I know right now the side mirrors from the 09 i got my led tails is for sale and if you message the guy an tell him youll take both you can make him an offer lower than the list price. However they are in red to youll need to get them painted. That being said you might be able to get some in the same color

Yeah, I will go and message that guy.. I messaged Bob and he is pretty confident the mounting bracket is the same just have to do some custom work with the wiring... Im glad you mentioned about the IS people doing it since I assumed the IS and GS forum been doing this already. It doesnt matter to me what color I get the 09 mirrors in anyways since I have to paint them no matter what..

I am estimating if I get it on ebay, painted same color and custom wiring it should cost NO MORE than $1g total...
Old 03-30-11, 08:35 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

probably cheaper if you do your own wiring, im sure you can offer the guy i bought my leds from 500 for the pair and he would take it...he is a nice guy.
Old 03-30-11, 09:40 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by robertrios
probably cheaper if you do your own wiring, im sure you can offer the guy i bought my leds from 500 for the pair and he would take it...he is a nice guy.

Ok thats good to know.. Sometime in the near future I am going to an actual dealership to CONFIRM that the mounting bracket is the same.. Most likely it will be but I want the satisfaction to know for a FACT that fitting it on will be the same... I want the parts department to actually go on the comp, look at it then look at a pre 09 and tell me 100% it does fit a pre 09. I dont want to get the mirrors then find out afterwards there is a slight variation inside the mounting bracket which then I need to now modify that too along with the wiring.. <<== this would really **** me off..
Old 03-31-11, 08:52 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

According to My friend in Japan, 09+ side mirrors are plug and play at least for the jdm version, but you need to hook up the wire into the connector for the signal light.
I was going to do it last year, but still can't find a good bargain on those.

These pics below are showing the JDM version of the 09+ door mirror conversion.
Hook up the signal light to to pink wire as the connector is the same.

Old 03-31-11, 09:31 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

thats awesome, someone try it in the US
Old 03-31-11, 10:04 PM
sabyrzhan
Driver School Candidate

Why Lexus decided to enlarge side mirrors?
Old 04-01-11, 07:11 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by talwang
According to My friend in Japan, 09+ side mirrors are plug and play at least for the jdm version, but you need to hook up the wire into the connector for the signal light.
I was going to do it last year, but still can't find a good bargain on those.

These pics below are showing the JDM version of the 09+ door mirror conversion.
Hook up the signal light to to pink wire as the connector is the same.

Thanks Talwang for this info ! Wow, the JDM version is significantly bigger than US ? Did you try ebay for the mirrors? Should cost for both ~$750.
Old 05-02-12, 09:55 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok i'm bringing this back from the dead. I went ahead and bought these mirrors and going to attempt the swap. Any input or info would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply: ** Need Info On Actual Schematics On Side Mirror Blinkers **