SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

** Need Info On Actual Schematics On Side Mirror Blinkers **

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-12, 02:17 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by dentate
Hi Bob
Thanks for provided that info for us...My colour was a carryover from 2008 so no problem there...I do have a couple of questions for you. The left hand mirror that you highlighted was 87940-2426--BO. There is another left hand mirror in the same colour 87940-24340-BO (indicated with 2008/09) - the mirrors between 2008 and 2009 changed shape and the 09's have the signal lights on them. I am guessing that the first part number represents the newer mirrors-am I correct? Furthermore one further difference bewteen 09 and 10--the 10"s have the puddle lamps in the underside where the 09's just had a plate cover...Are the puddle lamps available separately or asre there more part numbers that are different for the 2010"s? Please advise

dentate
Oshawa,ON
I cannot offer you an absolute answer to your questions. However, please notice the part numbers with a production date in parenthesis at the end of the line. Those number are the latest info I could find. YOU NEED TO TALK WITH A RELIABLE PARTS MGR. In searching around I found this listing ( for a 2010 SC430) but I don't have nor can find a detailed drawing of the mirror assembly. And at this time I am unwilling to spend money on TIS since my car's color 1C0 is NOT one of the ones available. However, it may be possible to special order an unpainted case. I'm just not ready to drop $500-600 for each mirror for a blinker and puddle lights (I already did a custom install for puddle lights). For example this one:http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/l...-24340-b0.html
Old 05-26-12, 02:35 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Well upon further searching I did find this: http://www.parts.com/parts/2010/LEXU...agramCallOut=1. With a diagram
Old 10-14-12, 01:00 PM
mtaalib3
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dentate
At first I thought that the mirrors from the 3GS were the same and i actually took a tape measure to them...One of the local dealers had both a 3GS and an 09 SC for sale (the 09 SC has since been sold)....The mirror itself looks the same - however the triangle piece that sits against the door window frame (near the A pillar) is actually quite a bit longer - if I recall the 3GS one is about 10.5 inches or so where the SC is about 3 inches less. Only the 2010's had puddle lights and there were only about 600 of them world-wide. The
2009's were the same mirror without the puddle lamp. I am curious though how many wires go to those mirrors from fleabay. There is another vendor there that has the 09 mirrors available in many colours and I have asked the same question several times - I wanted to know how many wires go to them....but I have never received and answer....I know they are valid part numbers (I checked them with a Canadian dealer) but I have no way of knowing which model they fit and the dealer was unable (or would not) tell me...so I am still sitting on the fence. There is a local dealer with a 2010 for sale - if you would like me to go back and check the measurements--I would do that!! - or perhaps someone with a 2009 or 2010 would measure that triangle piece again. I remain sceptical about those mirrors in many colours on fleabay as well because the Cdn dealers claim that the mirror can only be purchased in components and that a complete assembly is not offered. If anyone has knowledge to the contrary or where I could buy a complete assembly--preferably for 2010 - I would welcome the info. I think Talwang posted some pics some time ago of 2009/10 mirrors sitting on a box--I managed to read the part number from that box but it did not come up as valid part number here in Canada--the part number that I discerned was 87910-24200-CO (CO is the colour) - perhaps a Japan only number??

dentate
Oshawa, ON
I have been doing some research because I fully intend to do this mod with the 2010 mirrors to my car (08 SC430). From what I have learned you can either order the whole mirror assembly in your car's color code (they all come pre-painted) or you can just order parts of the assembly. Being able to order various parts makes sense because if, for example, your turn signal leds stopped working, I doubt you would want to pay for an entire new mirror assembly.

Anyway, you can purchase the whole assembly from different websites. Lexus parts now.com seems to have the lowest prices for new mirror assemblies. I don't know what the wire diagram looks like for the 09 and 10 mirror assembles or how it differs from my 08 SC but even if the wiring was all different, I could still make it work. Fortunately, my research has indicated that these are a "plug - n -play" part for all prior year SC's AND they are a direct bolt-on match. The only additional wiring would be for the puddle lamps and turn signal functionality. There are instructions available in the IS forum for this mod due to the fact that many people have already done this exact upgrade to their IS. I will keep everyone informed as I progress further with this mod.
Old 10-14-12, 01:42 PM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone tried these guys?

http://www.lexussignals.com/sc.html

Prices look pretty reasonable
Old 01-28-14, 05:06 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Reviving this thread also, Did anything ever come of these mods? IceNPinki, did you ever sort out the issues you were having and find a managable mod? VVTIBob, could you possibly post any photos of the mod you went with for the side mirrors, please? I'm interested to see the path you took. Harleydjc, you get any more info on that site? Those parts look pretty interesting. Thanks!
Old 01-30-14, 08:30 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Reviving this thread also, Did anything ever come of these mods? IceNPinki, did you ever sort out the issues you were having and find a managable mod? VVTIBob, could you possibly post any photos of the mod you went with for the side mirrors, please? I'm interested to see the path you took. Harleydjc, you get any more info on that site? Those parts look pretty interesting. Thanks!
lol.. Its been awhile and pop in here and saw this. The mirrors been bothering me for quite some time. I'm still so mad they shipped me the wrong ones. Just so happens I've been trying to source mirrors again the last week or so. If these guys hit me back up with a set I'll let you guys know.
Old 03-06-14, 05:36 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

ok so I pulled the trigger on these 2010 mirrors. I wasn't planning to do anything more on the car but this was something I had on my list that I didn't finish. Should be able to attempt the swap next week. I pray i can get them to work.
Old 03-10-14, 11:21 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Just got the mirrors. May the force be with me.
Attached Thumbnails ** Need Info On Actual Schematics On Side Mirror Blinkers **-image.jpg  
Old 03-10-14, 12:19 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

If there is anyone that can make them work, you will.

Cheers
Steve
Old 03-23-15, 06:33 PM
jmezo
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IcEnPinKi
Just got the mirrors. May the force be with me.
How did the mirrors work out for you?
Old 03-24-15, 08:19 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Man a set is so hard to find. I've been looking. I plan on painting my car soon and want to do it all at once.
Old 03-24-15, 09:20 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lbintab
Man a set is so hard to find. I've been looking. I plan on painting my car soon and want to do it all at once.
http://www.lexussignals.com/sc430-po...-assem430.html
Old 03-30-15, 03:55 PM
jmezo
Pit Crew

I put the 2009-2010 mirrors on my 2003. They plug right in and work as the 2003 mirrors did.
To use the puddle lights on the mirror, apply +12 volts to the Yellow wire on the mirror.
To use the turn signal ( LED lights) on the mirror apply +12 volts to the (Pink or is it Violet?) wire on the mirror.

These two wires are the only new wires on the mirror wire connector and easy to see. Don"t splice the wires on the door connector, make sure you are splicing to the wires on the mirror side of the connector.

I have not connected the two new wires to the mirror yet but have tested it with a 12v battery.
When the weather gets better I will run the signal and puddle wires through the door. The puddle light wire ( Pink or is it Violet ?) will be connected to the + 12 volt wire on the ( LEXUS ) kick plate.

After I paint the mirrors I will post some pics.
Old 12-03-21, 10:57 PM
uchlee
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, Did you make it work? What's the part number for the side mirror?