SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

How long do you honestly plan on keeping your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 12:57 PM
jomo3640
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought my 2002 T-Bird (removable top) would be my last, but I bought my wife a ES350, and it just rode so damn nice - I started looking at the SC430's for sale in my area - once I sat in one and gave it a ride I was hooked. The T-bird was Black/Black, my SC is Black/Camel. I only had 40K miles on 2002 T-Bird, and have only put 2500 miles on my '07 SC since June - so I think it will outlast me!!
Old 03-23-11, 01:00 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Be honest, I'm 28 & there are alot more car I wanna try. I never keep any used car over 15 months, but this SC is the one I want to mod & have fun for awhile. I don't need performance, so I want the car to look cool & clean!! It already hard to see a 04 Pebble Beach around, a modd one?? <--gonna be me!!

My plan.....a set of 19" or 20" Work VS-XX, coilover, a nice front lip, 06+ tail light & possible exhaust if current one fail (most likely not happening)

So I have plenty of things to work on it.....not gonna do everthing at once...gonna enjoy every step of the modding

Last edited by grabber2; 03-23-11 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-23-11, 01:08 PM
SystemShok
Driver

Because I found this site..and all the goodies I can buy.

Old 03-23-11, 01:15 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
Wil44 Steve do you think the big garage in the sky will have wooden floors? lol

KaiserSea1 I would hope that if the roof has to fail, I hope that it's down, and not up. That way I still could drive it around with the top down on nice days. lol I got the garage in Pa. and the new Fl. house has a garage also. She is covered either place
Hi Ed

I hope the big Garage in the sky has floors covered with deep pile Lexus carpets.

By the way, about time we saw some pictures of your SC, but probably have to wait until you leave the Florida sun and head back to Pa(where is that?).

Best Steve
Old 03-23-11, 01:21 PM
SystemShok
Driver

I also blame this site for

Old 03-23-11, 01:25 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
Be honest, I'm 28 & there are alot more car I wanna try. I never keep any used car over 15 months, but this SC is the one I want to mod & have fun for awhile. I don't need performance, so I want the car to look cool & clean!! It already hard to see a 04 Pebble Beach around, a modd one?? <--gonna be me!!

My plan.....a set of 19" or 20" Work VS-XX, coilover, a nice front lip, 06+ tail light & possible exhaust if current one fail (most likely not happening)

So I have plenty of things to work on it.....not gonna do everthing at once...gonna enjoy every step of the modding
Very good plan you have.
Old 03-23-11, 01:28 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

I plan to keep it until it dies on me. My goal is to get an antique plates! Which is 25+ yrs in VA.
Old 03-23-11, 01:42 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1
has an interior unmatched in anything less than 75K,
I disagreed.

I have yet to find any coupe with an interior that feels higher end and more luxurious then the SC430. Aston Martins and Bentleys maybe, but recently I checked out a $150k AMG SL63 and a $105k Jaguar XKR175, both their interior material feels lower grade and lesser, more plasticy, less wood, leather is not as soft.....etc. The interior of the $160k Maserati GranCabrio is a joke, the leather looks like vinyl, wood looks like plastic. Ferrari's interior are nicer, but they start at $225k.

It is crazy how high Lexus push the bar on the interior of the SC430. I say no car that cost less then $150k got a nicer interior.

Last edited by BNR34; 03-23-11 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-23-11, 02:43 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wil44 Steve you are right the pics are on the other computer at home in Easton, Pennsylvania like 1200 miles away, plus I don't know how to get them on here anyway. I know I couldn't do what you did for us on the coilover install. Hell I don't know how to even put a quote in the reply. I'm just plain ole' dumb, when it comes to this stuff. They might even have a place here to tell me how to do and I don't know where that's at either. Just dumb and happy soakin' up the warm Florida sun.
Old 03-23-11, 03:25 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
Wil44 Steve you are right the pics are on the other computer at home in Easton, Pennsylvania like 1200 miles away, plus I don't know how to get them on here anyway. I know I couldn't do what you did for us on the coilover install. Hell I don't know how to even put a quote in the reply. I'm just plain ole' dumb, when it comes to this stuff. They might even have a place here to tell me how to do and I don't know where that's at either. Just dumb and happy soakin' up the warm Florida sun.
Hi Ed

Sounds like bliss.

Just to let you know, below your post is a button marked 'quote', I clicked it and added your quote to my post.
If you want to add a photo or anything else, click the paper clip symbol at the top of the message window and another window will appear with five upload positions. Click the browse button and go to where your photo is, double click the photo and the route to it will appear in the first position. When you have added up to five attachments click upload and they will appear in your post. That's all there is to it, give it a go.lol

Best Steve
Old 03-23-11, 04:34 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi Ed

Sounds like bliss.

Just to let you know, below your post is a button marked 'quote', I clicked it and added your quote to my post.
If you want to add a photo or anything else, click the paper clip symbol at the top of the message window and another window will appear with five upload positions. Click the browse button and go to where your photo is, double click the photo and the route to it will appear in the first position. When you have added up to five attachments click upload and they will appear in your post. That's all there is to it, give it a go.lol

Best Steve
Thanks Steve I'll have to remember that and the deal aboutthe pictures
Old 03-23-11, 05:50 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keeping her forever! Waited for a long time to get the last year.. and almost the last US SC built..

She stays with me!

Katy
Old 03-23-11, 06:18 PM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Of my 3 cars, the SC will be least likely to go - will try to hold on to her as long as I can. Like Kaisersea1 said, it's most likely depends on the repair bill for me also.
Old 03-23-11, 06:26 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I plan to keep my SC430 until 200k miles, I put 6k miles annually on her and she currently got 53k. So she will last me 24 more years

That is assuming the next generation SC is not better in every ways and I can afford one. Or I win the lotto so I buy some very highend Europeans.

Last edited by BNR34; 03-23-11 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-23-11, 07:20 PM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As most have said, I plan on keeping mine for a while probably until something very significant happens to it mechanically. I love the SC, as I'm sure everyone on this forum does too. Looking forward to sharing ideas and words with you guys on the forum for many years to come!

Quick Reply: How long do you honestly plan on keeping your car?