SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I am ordering a LuxLink to lower the top remotely -- rear window option worth it?

Old 03-30-11, 11:25 AM
fredcrn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newby and LuxLink questions

Just bought a 2003 SC430 and after a bit of lurking, have decided to pull the trigger on a LuxLink system. Just wondering how hard it is to install.
Thanks in advance.
Fred
Old 03-30-11, 11:57 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by robertrios
new question say i did raise the 1/4 glass the way explained. Then i park in a spot, do i need to turn off the car before i can put the top and windows back up?

YES-Because luxlink thinks you still want to work windows. At that point you click the car off and on and double-click the roof close button. You can then remove your key and walk away. The car will shut off right after the roof and windows close.
Old 03-30-11, 12:42 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow thats alot of gas being wasted igniting the engine so many times to do something simple, im starting to question the whole 1/4 window mod.
Old 03-30-11, 03:02 PM
VVTiBob

Received 264 Likes on 200 Posts

I don't believe you have to start the motor, just go from off to on, without engaging the starter.
Old 03-30-11, 03:20 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

will the top wont go up or down without the engine being on
Old 03-30-11, 04:23 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The top goes up and down with OR without the engine running. With all the motors running to work the top, I don't like to put the strain on it. I've actually done it a number of times but not on purpose. I'm too far away with the remote and I miss the click on the engine start so the top goes down without the engine running.

Also I think that when you put in writing what these processes are, it sounds more complicated than it really is. As somewhat of a senior citizen, I find the luxlink and rear window mod very easy to use and view luxlink as the best mod you can possibly get for the 430. While the rear quarter mod is less exciting, I'm very content that I did it. The sc looks fantastic with the top down, but its hardtop is a also a great look with the quarters down and allows you to to it by using the front window switch. NO regrets here. I suspect if you ask any sc owner with both luxlink and the rear quarter mod they would agree with these statements. It sounds complicated in writing-in practice, its a breeze! GO FOR IT!!!
Old 03-30-11, 05:26 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Solman has said it all. I am totaly comfortable with all of the functions. I have had no problems what so ever with mine. Did the install with help and did It right. Soldered all connections and taped them. Best mod ever
Old 03-30-11, 07:18 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

i think lux link is awesome i just think turning the car on and off like 4 times to put up or down a peice of glass is a waste of premium gas. Im going to do both because its not much more but i dont think ill use the 1/4 glass mod much since i dont really think about those windows too often and i only drive in the city for the most part so im not concerned about the wind issue.
Old 03-30-11, 07:55 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by robertrios
i think lux link is awesome i just think turning the car on and off like 4 times to put up or down a peice of glass is a waste of premium gas. Im going to do both because its not much more but i dont think ill use the 1/4 glass mod much since i dont really think about those windows too often and i only drive in the city for the most part so im not concerned about the wind issue.

In all due respect I dont understand where you got the idea that you have to turn on and off the car 4 times to operate the 1/4 windows. In this thread it has been explained several times. You just have to press the drivers window button down three times. Then the rear 1/4 windows will both go down one at a time. Press three times again and the rear 1/4 windows will come up one at a time. Thats it. The car just looks better with the 1/4 windows down with the top up and the front windows down. I use the rear 1/4 windows all the time.
Old 03-31-11, 11:11 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Everything sounds good so far....anyone in NYC so we can go to same palce for install??? Also, I don;t have Facebook....how can i notify Steve that I'm sending a check to him???
Old 03-31-11, 12:04 PM
VVTiBob

I'll PM you ...want to keep this thread on topic..
Old 04-01-11, 07:40 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
one thing I would add is when he says to manually lock the door, he is referring to the power lock switch on the door (right?). That way both front doors locked when we both got out. This entire process would not be possible without remote start-that is why the car is still running while the top process is going on and why you can remove the key with the car running. My guess is that the engine shuts off less than 5 seconds after the top and windows close. I almost always hear it shut off as I walk away, but sometimes I walk faster than the roof closes. My wife almost always says are you sure it will shut off-thats when I say "I trust my luxlink". On the other hand, it has never NOT shut off.

John
If I read the LuxLink operation instructions correctly if you double tap the roof, remove your key and hit the lock button on the "key" before two secondds pass the car should put the roof up, shut it self off, then lock itself. Does this sound right?
Old 04-01-11, 07:48 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
If I read the LuxLink operation instructions correctly if you double tap the roof, remove your key and hit the lock button on the inside of the car door the car should put the roof up, shut it self off, then lock itself.
Corrected.

While the car is running, the key fob is disabled. This isn't a LuxLink thing, this is a Toyota thing.

You press the button on the door to lock the car on your way out of the car.

However...there's a CBEST setting that can negate this. I'm not exactly sure which one (JohnnyCake had to find it on his) but it unlocks the doors after the igition shuts off. If this setting is enabled, you'll lock the car as the top is going up and, as soon as the top is up and the LuxLink releases control, the doors will unlock!
Old 04-01-11, 07:59 AM
VVTiBob

Here are the CBEST Door lock options. The redacted areas don't apply to SC 430s.
Attached Thumbnails I am ordering a LuxLink to lower the top remotely -- rear window option worth it?-cbest-door-locking-options.jpg  
Old 04-01-11, 08:05 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I THINK it's the "ALL-UNLK/OPN-CL", but don't quote me on that.

I know JohnnyCake had the problem, and I know he got the CBEST setting changed to fix it. Just not sure if he remembers which one is was.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I am ordering a LuxLink to lower the top remotely -- rear window option worth it?