Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

P0440 code and VSC system

Old 02-03-11, 01:53 PM   #1
RC1047
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default P0440 code and VSC system

I read about the potential fixes for the emissions code, however, I believe I have a unique situation I am currently attempting to rectify.

The first time the P0440 code was thrown, a mechanic reset it and told me about the fuel cap. When he reset the code, the two VSC lights came on disabling that system, but the check engine light extinguished.

The issue with the VSC lights was thought to be caused by the battery being disconnected too long. The mechanic re-calibrated the VSC and those lights went out.

Gasoline fumes were detected near the rear of the car. The mechanic found a loose hose on the evaporator canister and replaced it. At the same time he tested the evaporator canister and said it is ok.

After driving about a week, the check engine light came back on, so I bought a factory new gas cap and drove it for a few days. I got tired of waiting for it to self extinguish, so I had it reset by the mechanic. When he reset the P0440 code, the VSC system lights came on again, same as before. This time, no battery interruption had occurred.

Gasoline fumes are still present, but not as much as before.

Tomorrow I will have the VSC system re-calibrated, but I suspect this is going to keep on annoying me. This system seems to be quite sensitive.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how these two systems could effect one another?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
RC1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 01:53 PM