SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Aftermarket REAR SEAT cover/shelf for DOG (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-03, 02:24 PM
siagirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc 430's back seat covers for my dog

hello! i was wondering if there's a vendor out there that can make a custom back seat covers to protect the leather while i'm travelling with my yellow labrador? i know that you can buy one of those premade seat covers from like petco, etc, but i'm kind of hoping to find a company that can make a custom/perfect fit cover for the back seats of the sc 430. if you have any information, please let me know? thank you very much!
Old 01-08-03, 03:17 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hello Sia. I stick my Westie in the back and don't have a proble...then again, he's only 15lbs. and doesn't shed.

He does leave nose prints on the windows though..........
Old 01-08-03, 04:22 PM
BloodDoc
Driver School Candidate

Contact "Wet Okole" and see if they produce a back seat cover. Perfect fit, neoprene, infinite color choices.
Old 01-08-03, 05:06 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

C'mon, Larry ... don't blame it on your dog - we know whose nose-prints they are.
Old 01-08-03, 05:54 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK, they're MINE ! I admit it !!
Old 01-08-03, 06:18 PM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What you are looking for is autoseats.com. The company is Jeans Seat International. They make custom cotton seat covers. They make front and rear covers for the SC430 in any color you want (I have the fronts only and they fit pretty good).

I've dealt with these guys twice. Their quality and price are good. The guy who answers the phone doesn't speak English well, so I suggest an Email as a follow-up.
Old 01-09-03, 10:15 PM
dingo
Driver

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetai...bCategoryID=60
Old 01-10-03, 10:33 AM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

http://www.caninecovers.com/

Try these people. They have many options and prices to choose from. Good quality. We sell them at our dealership. I highly recommend!

DD
Old 02-06-04, 07:11 AM
PBEchicago
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket REAR SEAT cover/shelf for DOG

I often bring my 50 lbs. pet dog "Boomer" with me in my new Lexus SC430. The roadster has an ecru interior. I would like to install a protective cover and/or custom-made shelf to perfectly fit in the nominal rear seat to both protect the beautiful cream-colored leather and make a level shelf at seat height for the dog (and parcels, etc.). Any suggestions or recommendations, guys?

JNorthen@yahoo.com

Chicago

Last edited by PBEchicago; 02-06-04 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-06-04, 07:57 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget to get a pair of these to protect your dog's eyes.
BTW ... the Airedales without the doggles never sticks his head out the window when the car is in motion.
www.doggles.com
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket REAR SEAT cover/shelf for DOG (Merged)-doggles.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
JGRX (08-22-20)
Old 02-14-04, 09:14 AM
PBEchicago
Driver

Cool

Thanks for the tip about "Doggles" for my dog. I still must "dog-proof" the ecru or cream-colored leather, certainly in the rear seat. Any ideas or help, guys?
Old 02-14-04, 10:43 AM
Doc C
Lead Lap

We've been looking for something as well. Can't find anything!!! I think what we are going to do is make something out of foam rubber and cover it with some cotton fabric. Our situation is a little different in that our dog is 6 pounds and not 50, so that makes a big difference in materials. In autosport catalog they have seat covers that cover the entire seat in what looks like a nylon (windbreaker jacket type) material. It looks like it would work good to protect the seats, but I don't think they had a fitment for the SC430. It was mostly SUVs that they had fitments for. But, we were thinking about trying to buy one and just cutting it to fit, since most SUVs will have a backseat bigger than the SC (I would hope so). You can go to autosport.com and check that out as an option. We need something to raise our Yorkie up so she can see out (hopefully not fly out) and so that alone won't work for us. Sorry to ramble on with no real good solution, I was just sharing what roadblocks we have run into looking for a similar product.

Doc C
Old 02-18-04, 08:26 AM
PBEchicago
Driver

Default HELP! Dog-proofing ECRU Seats???

My new SC430 has ECRU or cream-colored leather seats. Obviously, even without a DOG, the off-white leather will easily soil. Can anyone recommend a SEAT COVER solution which will allow my young mutt to enjoy one of his favorite pastimes while preserving the unsoiled ECRU leather? While having no problems with shedding, my real fear is "dog accidents" and collected dirt, in general.

I'm currently and TEMPORARILY using "Stainmaster" carpet samples and remnants to protect seats..

In seeking your advice, the following factors would be a plus. (1) water-proof, (2) consistent with emergency factory side air-bags, and (3) allow use of my dog safety harness with factory seat belts, both front passenger and rear bench. I realize that a "perfect" solution to all these factors may not exist.

Any HELP would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited by PBEchicago; 02-18-04 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-18-04, 04:36 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

Additional information to my original post above: HELP!.

I checked with WetOkole.com and CanineCovers.com. They do NOT offer custom-fit seat covers (front and/or rear) for my SC 430 (ECRU) leather upholstery.

Further research disclosed that in Japan, the identical Lexus SC 430 model is badged and marketed as the TOYOTA SOARER. It is my understanding that in Japan, Toyota (Lexus) offers an accessory that would solve my "dog on ecru" problem, at least in the rear seat. This accessory is called a "CRUISING SHELF". It perfectly fits and protects the entire rear seat area while providing area for parcels and my dog. HELP!

Last edited by PBEchicago; 02-18-04 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-18-04, 05:30 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve Ganz (screenname SupraTRD) is the parts guy at Carson Toyota in CA. He's been able to get somewhat obscure Japanese-market accessories for CL members in the past, like the electric rear sunshade for the Aristo (GS series). If you want the Soarer parcel shelf, he's probably your best bet.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket REAR SEAT cover/shelf for DOG (Merged)