SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-13, 03:17 PM
fishkeeper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket exhaust

Hello all.i have been contemplating on upgrading my red sc430's exhaust and was wondering what I should get? Im looking for something that would give me a deeper growl when accelerating but not so gaudy and loud when just idling.any suggestions would be great.thanks
Old 07-21-13, 03:37 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by fishkeeper
Hello all.i have been contemplating on upgrading my red sc430's exhaust and was wondering what I should get? Im looking for something that would give me a deeper growl when accelerating but not so gaudy and loud when just idling.any suggestions would be great.thanks

I have the PPE headers, Megan downpipe, and Magnaflow catback.

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/acto...haust.mp4.html
Old 07-21-13, 04:10 PM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I use Dr Gas exh with no center cat. I use the X pipe, stock res. all piping 21/4 all the way to mufflers with Dr Gas tips.
check with ( slvbullet ) he just installed his setup with 21/2 pipe all the way back.
Dr Gas are custom mufflers for the Mustang great sound.

Last edited by bacardi11; 07-21-13 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-21-13, 04:27 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dr. Gas custom exhaust

Just installed and have pictures but have been hammered at work. I plan to get a new dyno done this week time permitting.

Dr. Gas X-pipe crossover, 3rd cat delete, Vibrant flow-thru resonators, Dr. Gas Xscream mufflers and tips. All 2.5" SS pipe. Sound is awesome - kind of like a Ferrari. I love it.

It is quite at idle but screaming beyond that. I do have a drone at 1800 rmp but will work on cancelling it with closed side pipes after I get the PPE headers installed. Passed the wife test but don't go through a long tunnel with the top down ...
Old 07-21-13, 04:41 PM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

if you use the stock res. no drone slvbullet went all out. but I new he would like them and the sound.
cheapest way is Dr Gas X pipe, Dr Gas Xscram mufflers, Dr Gas Tips. I use 21/4 slvbullet used 21/2
the Vibrant flow is very freeflow that is why the drone
Greg still no car by the end of the week. has been to hot anyway for top down.

Last edited by bacardi11; 07-21-13 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-21-13, 07:30 PM
fishkeeper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mrmark, how much did all that cost, and no offense to anyone im not to familiar witb all the technical lingo.i would appreciate it if you guys could tell me how much things cost and where abouts to purchase them.thanks
Old 07-21-13, 08:15 PM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

the setup I used is about is about 650+ the install. I no the owner of the shop.l
Dr Gas 2 muffler about 250, X pipe about 150, tips about 250 if you use all stainless on install price is high I didn't use stainless its all what you want to spend.
mrmark setup big big bucks

Last edited by bacardi11; 07-21-13 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-21-13, 08:51 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by fishkeeper
Mrmark, how much did all that cost, and no offense to anyone im not to familiar witb all the technical lingo.i would appreciate it if you guys could tell me how much things cost and where abouts to purchase them.thanks
Headers were about $700, downpipe about $300, exhaust about $600. Install should be about a grand for everything since the headers are a pain !!!

Hit me up for more details....
Old 07-22-13, 05:58 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

mrmark
the exh. tips will not work on his car.
Old 07-22-13, 06:13 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bacardi11
mrmark
the exh. tips will not work on his car.
The Magnaflow comes with round tips made to fit specifically for the SC430. I did not use them since I have custom LS460 tips molded into my bodykit.
Old 07-22-13, 06:57 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

MrMark - I love your rear bumper - actually the entire body is fantastic - great color! I heard your sound clip - Sounds great. I'll post a clip when I can.

Looks like I spent the big big bucks. Exhaust was about $2,400 not including the headers. I did SS but not polished except for the resonators. I didn't plan to spend that much but it just crept un on me due to my inexperience - I'm having a lot of fun with the car though and will notice the changes on the track. PPE headers were about $600 on the group buy and install will cost another $1000. I am expecting some bumps in performance from each and will test than with dyno and on the track.
Old 07-22-13, 07:20 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
MrMark - I love your rear bumper - actually the entire body is fantastic - great color! I heard your sound clip - Sounds great. I'll post a clip when I can.

Looks like I spent the big big bucks. Exhaust was about $2,400 not including the headers. I did SS but not polished except for the resonators. I didn't plan to spend that much but it just crept un on me due to my inexperience - I'm having a lot of fun with the car though and will notice the changes on the track. PPE headers were about $600 on the group buy and install will cost another $1000. I am expecting some bumps in performance from each and will test than with dyno and on the track.

Great! Where in VA are you....not many SC's on the east that are modified.
Old 07-23-13, 06:16 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrMark
Great! Where in VA are you....not many SC's on the east that are modified.
Northern VA near the Dulles airport.

I want to make another run up the coast when I can...

We went up to Phili for the 4th. On the way back I went through the Baltimore tunnel on 895 - very long and VERY loud. I also found my oem shocks with the lowering springs a bad combination in the PA part of I-95. I need to get either Bilstein shocks or Megan coilovers ... Plan to do that probably next year after I get the PPE headers intalled.

The mods never end ...
Old 07-25-13, 01:23 PM
hlthlnk
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Slvbullet-
I'm also in the Dulles airport corridor, are there any SC groups in this area? Thanks
Old 07-25-13, 08:03 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default TOP SPEED PRO-1 Dual Axleback Exhaust System

Well, I'm not too interested at this time in replacing the entire exhaust system, nor am I looking for big performance gains. Just wanting a little different sound and something that looks decent. I just bought an axleback system (basically a new muffler) off eBay and I'm looking forward to it's arrival. This is the equivalent to getting a slip-on/bolt-on muffler for a motorcycle, which is something I've seen done many times for a nicer look/sound and possible small to moderate performance gain. I'm also not interested in having to have someone else do my installation. This upgrade should be something I can handle on my own.

StillLine

Quick Reply: aftermarket exhaust