SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Guess what we did??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-10, 10:49 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Guess what we did??

This is what happens when JohnnyCake and Habious get in the same room.

Can anyone figure out how we did it?

Two hints...

A) No CarPC was used in the production of this video

- and -

B) The car was not modified (save for grabbing some 12VDC) for this project. However, the car has an existing LuxLink module already installed.

EDIT - Added LuxLink disclaimer under "B"

Last edited by Habious; 06-25-13 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Added nouns, verbs, and adjectives.
Old 10-30-10, 11:46 AM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like that! A lot! LMAO! okay now stop the suspense.. what do we have going on here.. im guessing LuxLink with Viper Smart Start?
Old 10-30-10, 12:25 PM
Wesssup
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whoa that is sick! I'm guessing it has to be at least a LuxLink system
Old 10-30-10, 03:38 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I dont know how but I know I want it, I have Lux link what do I have to do to make it work.

Buddy

Come on full instructions please !!!!!!!!!! Please
Old 10-30-10, 03:39 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Well, if your statement is true to form that no modifications were made to the car and the carPC was not used (assuming no LuxLink is on the car already), then it must be some kind of jailbreak for the Viper through the iPhone or something that enables you to do this. I thought you had to buy the Viper $499 and install though. You got me!!!

Can't wait to hear what this is!!!
Old 10-31-10, 12:35 AM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Well... there's an app for that."
RemoteMimic v2
Old 11-01-10, 05:28 AM
Habious

A few more hints...

- Yes, the system does work in conjunction with JohnnyCake's existing LuxLink module (without an existing LuxLink, you would have Lock, UnLock, and Trunk release).

- No, the system is not in any way, shape, or form a Viper system. This was home-built, from the ground up.

The Viper system is neat, but it needs to be installed. And, in order to tie into all of the systems needed to do what we did, it would be a pretty complex installation. Our system only has a ground and a +12VDC from the car. Other than that, it's a self-contained box, sitting in the car.
Old 11-01-10, 09:17 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Ok you guys has enslaved a very tiny person or gnome who you've trapped in a "self-contained box, sitting in the car." That person has a fiendishly small text message device and receives messages / commands from JohnnyCakes' highly secret and sophisticated Apple Beta Iphone5 which may be out soon, just in time for the Christmas shopping season. Those command instruct the gnome as to what buttons to push and when.

Sadly, you and Johnny did not anticipate was the voracious appetite of the tinnie tiny little person. Nor his demands for AFL-CIO representation, generous workplace rules, health care and a gold plated guaranteed retirement plan in sunny Florida.

Johnny is now forced to stop at various fast food restaurants whenever he moves his car more than 7.65 miles or since this is a foreigner, exactly 12.8114816 kilometers. The costs of labor negotiators and ongoing contracts, although minimal at this point are heading in a direction that may force Johnny to sell off his SC430 assets, or worse. He may be forced to accept TARP money from the Obama Administration and a personal visit from Secretary Geithner who will work with Johnny on his 2010 and 2011 tax returns.

So what do I win for getting it exactly right? I know you guys never expected anyone to get it.
Old 11-01-10, 09:26 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Well there must be some kind of I PHONE app that mimics your key fob comands and there is cell phone receiver in the car that duplictates the infra red commands kind of like north star maybe you got a hold of a 2004 lexus [ there version of north star ] wired it in so you can control it with a cell phone

your wife is inside the house and when you press your cell phone she hits the remote from inside

Your cell phone is a star trek phazer.

Come on I give I give UNCLE UNCLE
Old 11-01-10, 09:48 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Unfortunately, I have not rooted my Android phone (yet) so I can not take screen captures. This pix is crappy, but the first icon is the sun (top down), the second icon is a green open lock (door unlock), the third icon is a red closed lock (door lock), and the fourth icon is a suitcase with the word OPEN in it (trunk release).

So that makes how we did it pretty obvious, right?

Old 11-01-10, 09:57 AM
Habious

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake

Pressing one of the icons on the screen signals the Trunk Monkey and then...

...wait, I've said too much already.
Old 11-01-10, 09:58 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Well I see a cell smart phone . I still dont know how it works, Does it work through a magic jack
you installed. I think you once said yoiu had magic jack set up so you could call your garage opener And open your garage around the corner better range then the OEM garage opener.
Old 11-01-10, 10:07 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Ok I give up. I will just sit here like a dummy and wait for the reveal. Of course once I know how you did it . I probably will not be able to do it since its complicated.

Last edited by mrblister; 11-01-10 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-01-10, 12:01 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Looks like a good use of WiFi functions. Pretty slick.
Old 11-01-10, 12:17 PM
Habious

Originally Posted by Harold57
Looks like a good use of WiFi functions. Pretty slick.
*BUZZ*

Wrong answer!

Not using WiFi, not using Bluetooth.

P.S. I've also edited my original post. Realized that there was/could be some confusion about the "not modified" statement.

Quick Reply: Guess what we did??