Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation SC bodykit from Germany!!!

Hi everyone,

I have decided to buy this bodyket from ebay:-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...#ht_1433wt_722

SC bodykit from Germany!!!-bzbtwsw-mk-kgrhqj-hoew45rh0oebmujqitgqq-_35.jpg

SC bodykit from Germany!!!-bzbtznq-2k-kgrhqv-jeew5mp-tbobmujqrcl4w-_35.jpg

I got for about $2700 , however all the feedback is on German languge!!!

anybody did a deal with this seller? any comments or advize? I would really appreciat it.

Also can I get any better bodykit for this price?

Thank you all
Old 10-10-10, 06:58 AM
cjs18
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

From the feedback for this seller it's clear that the item you're interested in is the first full kit and the most expensive item he's offered. It is a "new product" so there isn't any feedback for it. It also seems to be the seller's first US ebay listing. On this basis and the fact that it would be an international deal I'd advise some care. You probably don't want to catch all the spears and arrows involved in a new product introduction if you can avoid it. That said, the seller's feedback for previous items is perfect so folks have been satisfied with their purchases. It just that offering a full package might be a bit of a leap for a small fabrication shop.

If you decide to proceed you can find his contact information in one of the previous German ebay listings. He's probably fluent in English so you could give him a call or send an E-mail to discuss your project. You should get a sense of his capabilities and background and there might be references he could offer that aren't in the ebay system.

It's very likely that you will get some great counsel and more suggestions from members who have done body modifications.
Old 10-10-10, 09:13 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

his listing says $3,200. did you negotiate it down?

he has a few complaints left as neutral feedback. one guy said his spoiler arrived damaged and the seller refused to refund the shipping charge. another guy says he paid and never heard from him in over a week. and other guy said the fitment sucked on a spoiler and the delivery took a long time. other than that, everyone else looks like they were happy.

one other thing, you'll want to find out if it's made for an 02-06 or 06+. the headlights are a little different shape.

Last edited by Yes; 10-10-10 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-10-10, 09:18 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

That is an AWSOME looking kit!
Old 10-10-10, 09:29 AM
m3nv
Pole Position

The front bumper is different from the model car. Notice the kit doesnt have fog lights. Regardless it a good looking kit. Let us know how fitment is once you get it.
Old 10-10-10, 11:53 AM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

This kit has been posted on CL recently and I either thought to myself or posted many of the above concerns: bumpers are different, no one has one to give us feedback about it (fit, build, quality), small company with new product and customer support from overseas and I no speaketh deutsch!

But it is a great loooking kit! I've never seen, in my opinion, a nicer looking bumper for the SC than this one! (2nd and 3rd place goes to Job Design and Aimgain) If he sold just the front bumper, I would risk all the above in hopes all turns out great! Then I would get the rest of the pieces from Job Design.

good luck!
Old 10-10-10, 04:42 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

As a power seller on eBay I'd recommend good eBay buyer beware sense about this purchase as others have mentioned, and probably pass on it-if it's not too late.

No doubt it is GREAT looking but I would fear the fact that no one in the US on eBay has bought one and the neutral feedback. I can tell you that oftentimes there is a negative situation on eBay that gets settled in NO Feedback or neutral. Most parties just "sit" on the feedback like an arms race not wanting to get dinged for the negative FB.

Are there any other testimony online on other Lexus enthusiast sites?

Member since 06-thats good...not GREAT, but pretty good. Member's name has 1980 in it-so does this mean they are 30 years old? Not bad...at least it's not a kid (to some)

This seller pitches everything from Victoria's Secret Body Mist to Hello Kitty stuff to iPhones to bodykits! Not that it matters, but something to think about as well.

They also have sold nothing higher than $999US before. Interesting.

All of the negative feedback is car-related parts.

For all the above reasons and the aforementioned posts-that would be enough for me to pump the brakes on a $3k purchase on a custom-fit item all the way from Germany that is something new and unproven. Just my two cents. Love the kit though!! Hope we are wrong about the caution flags if you did buy already!

I wish you good luck in the process and please post updates! Thanks
Old 10-10-10, 08:54 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Dear friends Cjs18, Liquid SC, 97-SC300, m3nv, Peter Klim & scdroptop,

Thank you all for the great reviews, opinions, warnings, information, knowledge, experience and advice on this issue. The best thing about this CL is knowledge and experience sharing and I really appreciate all of your support and help.

After reading all of your replies, I decided not to go for this Kit from this seller. Most of you said and expected exactly what happened with this seller!!!
First he is not answering some of my questions. Second, he is not confirming certain issues to me and purposely ignoring it!! Third, he seems to be so serious or to busy to reply as all of his answers are so tight with very few words!! I send him an Email of:-
1 page, 10 questions and 392 words. He answered on:-
About Less than ¼ page, answered only 5 questions, 55 words!!!
It is either that he is too busy to read all of my questions! Purposely ignored some of my questions! Or his English is weak! Maybe some thing else also, I don’t know really!!!!!

The best thing is that I consulted all of you before buying this kit, and thanks to all of you not a single $1 was wasted.

Wanted to thank you all again for all of your continues support, knowledge sharing and help.
I will start a new search for a deferent kit and will update you ASAP.
Old 10-10-10, 09:02 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks like he has several full body kits listed now. I'd keep an eye on his feedback and see how those turn out. It's not a bad price if it's good quality.
Old 10-10-10, 11:14 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
It looks like he has several full body kits listed now. I'd keep an eye on his feedback and see how those turn out. It's not a bad price if it's good quality.
Honestly, I loved the kit. But again I dont to pay this much money and afterwords and turns to be a bad quality or might not get what I paid for!!

the problem is that I dont have any other link to the same designe body kit!!

the seller agreed to sell it with shipping for $2650

hard decision but what to do! better to be sad than to be sorry if the money is wasted on nothing or bad quality product
Old 10-11-10, 06:58 AM
m3nv
Pole Position

$2650 is a lot to spend on a kit that may be hit or miss. Are you looking for something that aggressive?
Old 10-11-10, 07:30 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Glad to help Turboo. That's a lot of cash to put down on an unproven product with questionable feedback and history. I would be devastated if it was me and it didn't work out. $3k is a lot of cash, you know? So...let's find you a NEW KIT!!!

What about the Wald? Autocouture? Balsarini? Evolution-Exclusive and AC? What about Vietprince's Vertex Kit? Tom's. Blitz? Levante? Behrman G-Answer? Lx-Mode? Have you spent some time exploring these incredible links from fellow CL members? You will most likely be more satisfied, spend less time frustrated using a kit that has already been done by fellow members. You can see the finished product and talk to them personally about fitment, choices, paint, etc etc. I drewl everytime I look at some of these awesome cars. My fav is the Wald kit, and it appears that we have the most CL members using this kit are most satisfied with it. I have followed the Wald products for a few years and I have yet to hear of someone's not fitting, or poor quality, etc. $$$ though, but you get what you pay for, right??

Google and search all the above names I just gave you. You will love them.

Although we have a sticky, most of the best kits on CL are displayed on this link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...like-best.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ck-thread.html

***Also, check out the Carson Toyota site: http://www.l-tunedparts.com/index.php

There's a SC430 on eBay right now for sale with a Tom's kit on it that I personally LOVE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...fCarsQ5fTrucks
Old 10-11-10, 11:21 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

German is my first language. If you need some help PM me. I call home for .02 a minute. Not a problem if you want me to give him a call.
Old 10-11-10, 05:44 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

What about Vietprince's Vertex Kit?

I second this kit!!

I Love Viet Prince's car!
Katy
Old 10-13-10, 03:36 AM
Turboo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by azkaty
What about Vietprince's Vertex Kit?

I second this kit!!

I Love Viet Prince's car!
Katy
Hi azkaty, it is a very nice kit. However, am looking for something more aggressive.

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1
German is my first language. If you need some help PM me. I call home for .02 a minute. Not a problem if you want me to give him a call.
Hi KaiserSea1,
Thank you very very much for your help and support
I will get in touch with you if I decided to go for the kit this guy is selling.
It is soooo nice of you to offer you help.

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Glad to help Turboo. That's a lot of cash to put down on an unproven product with questionable feedback and history. I would be devastated if it was me and it didn't work out. $3k is a lot of cash, you know? So...let's find you a NEW KIT!!!

What about the Wald? Autocouture? Balsarini? Evolution-Exclusive and AC? What about Vietprince's Vertex Kit? Tom's. Blitz? Levante? Behrman G-Answer? Lx-Mode? Have you spent some time exploring these incredible links from fellow CL members? You will most likely be more satisfied, spend less time frustrated using a kit that has already been done by fellow members. You can see the finished product and talk to them personally about fitment, choices, paint, etc etc. I drewl everytime I look at some of these awesome cars. My fav is the Wald kit, and it appears that we have the most CL members using this kit are most satisfied with it. I have followed the Wald products for a few years and I have yet to hear of someone's not fitting, or poor quality, etc. $$$ though, but you get what you pay for, right??

Google and search all the above names I just gave you. You will love them.

Although we have a sticky, most of the best kits on CL are displayed on this link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...like-best.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ck-thread.html

***Also, check out the Carson Toyota site: http://www.l-tunedparts.com/index.php

There's a SC430 on eBay right now for sale with a Tom's kit on it that I personally LOVE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...fCarsQ5fTrucks
Dear scdroptop,

thanks for the valuable info and help. I went over all the liks you provided and many others links also and decided to go for one of these kits:-
1SC bodykit from Germany!!!-front2.jpg
2SC bodykit from Germany!!!-front.jpg
3SC bodykit from Germany!!!-front-side-finder.jpg

in all cases I want this rear view for my car:-
SC bodykit from Germany!!!-rear.jpg

I really want to mix the kits, for example:-
Front bumper + side scerts + rear fender of this kit:-Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	1237
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	188746

and front fender from:-Click image for larger version

Name:	front-side-finder.jpg
Views:	4990
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	188747

and rear bumper from:-Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Views:	2650
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	188748

The problems are that I dont know if it will match when fitted on the car?!! I mean like for example does a deferent front fender from another kit fits along with another front bumper from another deferent kit?!!
Also I dont know how much it will cost and from where to buy it?!!
in addition, what is the shipping cost and time?

Another suggestion was to build what ever design i chose from these kits even if it is mixed in a local workshop who garanteed a perfect job, exact match and high quality material made of a mixer of fiber and plastic. Whatever selection I made, he said he will charge me no more that $3000 along with paint and fixing. moreover, a 3 years garantee on the paint

I am tooooo much confused and dont know what to do ??!!!