SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

The Definitive SC430 Special Edition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-11, 05:25 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone with a PB have the luggage that comes with the car? I bought mine used and the car didn't come with it. I've been looking online to buy the set but have no idea what they look like - pictures or link please

The description I've found online says it's a 3 piece luggage set:

Travel Package

Pebble Beach Edition owners can carry style and refinement from their vehicle into a luxury hotel with one of three luxury luggage packages. A café-colored three-piece leather luggage set includes two cabin duffels, one carriage duffel, and personalized embossed luggage tags. Two pairs of Callaway Golf Eyewear complement the café-colored leather briefcase or the café-colored leather tote bag.
Old 01-22-11, 05:56 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 04 PB came with a black golf bag. I never saw it because I bought it CPO from dealer but I contacted original owner who said he had the bag someplace in his garage - but I never followed-up. I was happy to get a new set of the PB mats that were same as those that came with the car. Has the PB logo and I understand these are hard to find because they are made just for the PB - but obviously would fit any SC.
Old 01-22-11, 07:27 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Ohhhhh man! My car was a CPO also and the little old lady that traded it in at the SD Lexus dealer told my sales guy that she had the luggage still in plastic and another set of Pebble Beach Mats but only brought back the PB mats. Also missing was one of the master keys. My car came with a Black Tumi Tri-Fold Garment Bag. I have found the bag just like it, but I actually don't like it. ****What I do like is this...a SWEET Black and Red Tumi duffle bag that would fit the lifestyle of the SC's sportiness and also serve a purpose for gym clothes, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-TUMI-T3-RACE...item2a0caadd02

Of course, the main appeal is that it's black with a touch of red on it to match my car.

I searched and searched for the luggage and one time TooCoolSC found the TUMI but I missed out on it.

I think someone on this forum recommended some custom-fit Lexus luggage one time, but I missed out on that too. Problem is-I don't need any luggage---I have a lot.

I will say that the Tumi bags would be SWEET with some Lexus logo stitched on it!!!

***I believe Buddy MrBlister probably has it, as he bought his PB new in 2005.
Old 01-24-11, 02:22 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Most recent pics....
Attached Thumbnails The Definitive SC430 Special Edition Thread-img_0249.jpg   The Definitive SC430 Special Edition Thread-img_0246.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
TitanG545 (06-26-19)
Old 01-24-11, 03:06 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Beautiful!

Love the NM Edition!

But would settle for a PB. The dealer that sold me my SC has a PB on the lot last week...TRADE IN! Nope. Am happy with mine right now.
Old 01-24-11, 03:32 PM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

vietpr1nce, your car is looking fabulous! Enough said.
Old 01-24-11, 04:03 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Tumi Tri fold garment bag

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Ohhhhh man! My car was a CPO also and the little old lady that traded it in at the SD Lexus dealer told my sales guy that she had the luggage still in plastic and another set of Pebble Beach Mats but only brought back the PB mats. Also missing was one of the master keys. My car came with a Black Tumi Tri-Fold Garment Bag. I have found the bag just like it, but I actually don't like it. ****What I do like is this...a SWEET Black and Red Tumi duffle bag that would fit the lifestyle of the SC's sportiness and also serve a purpose for gym clothes, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-TUMI-T3-RACE...item2a0caadd02

Of course, the main appeal is that it's black with a touch of red on it to match my car.

I searched and searched for the luggage and one time TooCoolSC found the TUMI but I missed out on it.

I think someone on this forum recommended some custom-fit Lexus luggage one time, but I missed out on that too. Problem is-I don't need any luggage---I have a lot.

I will say that the Tumi bags would be SWEET with some Lexus logo stitched on it!!!

***I believe Buddy MrBlister probably has it, as he bought his PB new in 2005.
Yes I do have the original Tumi tri fold napa leather Garment bag came with the car. There is a leather lexus logo embossed on the luggage leather tag. Once in a while it will show up on ebay. I allways look maybe I can buy another one for the Wife . I am not giving up mine
Old 01-27-11, 01:12 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do PB cars have more value then non-PB 430's.
Old 01-29-11, 09:11 AM
scdroptop

I don't think so...two exceptions though...the NM and the 2009 PB.

I'll make this analogy:

Just like putting in a decorative water fountain, elaborate landscaping, window treatments, special customization etc on a home when you are selling-the individual features may help it sell quicker or may be more "perceived value" for someone that has similar tastes. Also, on the flip side, someone who doesn't have those same tastes as you and hates the type of landscaping, fountain or window treatments (in this case the two tone interior or the bright red interior) may feel that your car/house is overpriced relative to similar houses/cars.

I don't think the PB's were exclusive enough to have enough variance in value IMO. In some years they were like 7-9% of total cars produced. 2006 was the highest ratio of nearly 10% of total production was the 2006 PB Tigereye Mica. That's not exclusive enough, IMO. I wish it was! My car would be worth a lot more! LOL The NM was though...roughly .6% of total production with 100 units...less than 1%. Now that's rare!

The NM--I do believe it is worth more because of the exclusivity and the story about it.

The 2009 PB perhaps...it was the most exclusive of all the PB Editions.
Old 01-29-11, 11:46 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

The 2009 PB perhaps...it was the most exclusive of all the PB Editions.
Boomshakalaka!!!

I would have spent the extra $$$ to get a 2010 PB but I don't think they did those for 2010.
Old 02-05-11, 04:38 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by huy33
Boomshakalaka!!!

I would have spent the extra $$$ to get a 2010 PB but I don't think they did those for 2010.
Nope! No PB's for 2010. And I can tell you all now that they made 329 SC's in 2010. Confirmed a few days ago for me by Lexus corporate.

Katy
Old 04-15-11, 03:48 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

How often do you see 2 PB of the same year at the same time? Well, today I ran into the another 09 PB at a stop light and had to take some pictures.

I'm in the other 09 PB - you can tell it's an 09 because the exterior is silver while the interior is black and you can see the ecru from the top of the back headrests.

Last edited by huy33; 04-15-11 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-15-11, 06:25 PM
scdroptop

Very nice! Yeah, I've seen at least one or two others in DFW. One was an older lady and she was not happy when I took pics of her in Plano! LOL Nice grab!!!
Old 04-15-11, 07:48 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice! Yeah, I've seen at least one or two others in DFW. One was an older lady and she was not happy when I took pics of her in Plano! LOL Nice grab!!!
Older lady??? That was her!!! I could tell she wasn't the most pleased because i was waving at her from behind and she didn't even wave back.

I think there might be 3 x 09 PB in the DFW area. Hers, mine, and maybe the 09 PB you caught the picture of at Park Place on your last Saturday Coffee. I noticed the old lady's car had a Park Place license plate cover on it so I'm not sure if it's the same.
Old 04-16-11, 08:45 AM
scdroptop

Yep, that's her. She was NOT NICE to me at all. PP too. That's got to be her. She's just mad that in the old days people were looking at her, not her car. Now it's opposite! LOL

Quick Reply: The Definitive SC430 Special Edition Thread