SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

sc430 Chick Car??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-10, 11:07 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Okay...here it is...At starbucks TODAY (wasn't even thinking of this post, ironically) two chicks commented on my car.

A couple pulled up next to me, the woman was driving, because it was her car. She had a black on red BMW 3 series convertible (335CI) and she was all into my car, while her husband remained silent. I asked him what he drove...his answer: A pickup!
Old 09-12-10, 01:01 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Driving in Miami with a co-worker a street walker yelled at us that she would provide free service for a ride. I was on the phone at the time with my wife who had problems grasping that the girl was not in the car, but yelling to me from the street while the top was down. I did not accept, and drove away scared.

While in a movie theatre parking lot two 16 ish looking girls asked for a ride home while appearing to fall out of their clothes When I refused they asked if they could sit in the car and take a picture. My friend told them no.

At my favorite lunch spot the waitress knows me as the guy with the hot car.

Chicks dig the car, but my theme is all glory, no guts.
Old 09-20-10, 06:30 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imo its pretty girly looking. It needs a drop, rims, tint to look more aggresive. It i a really comfortable car to drive though.
Old 09-20-10, 09:54 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1
Driving in Miami with a co-worker a street walker yelled at us that she would provide free service for a ride. I was on the phone at the time with my wife who had problems grasping that the girl was not in the car, but yelling to me from the street while the top was down. I did not accept, and drove away scared.

While in a movie theatre parking lot two 16 ish looking girls asked for a ride home while appearing to fall out of their clothes When I refused they asked if they could sit in the car and take a picture. My friend told them no.

At my favorite lunch spot the waitress knows me as the guy with the hot car.

Chicks dig the car, but my theme is all glory, no guts.
Post a picture of how you look. LOL. That may be another factor why chicks being magnetized to your car.
Old 10-06-10, 07:21 AM
toxic
Driver

I had to go back and find this post since I got my first "Nice Car" comment this week....Was fueling up at a station with the top down on my way home from work and although I always get a lot of sideways looks a guy was walking back to his truck (tree removal service) with a Big Gulp and commented "Nice Car". Now if I could just get the women to do that!! Most guys look but don't comment, especially since mine is bone stock. Gotta say though the saddle interior really stands out on the silver with the top down.
Old 10-06-10, 07:37 AM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last weekend I was out at a local mall and a woman waiting in line for parking rolled down her window and commented on the color of the car and said how much she liked it. Her husband wanted to know if it was "...one of those 4 bangers?" and I told him it was a V8 and he seemed suitably impressed and gave me a thumbs up!
Old 10-13-10, 04:59 PM
genec220
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djMaru
whats the point having a back seat in sc430? I think it is girls car.
what is the backseat for? seriously? when i went looking for a fun convertible, my #1 priority was a back seat. #2 desire was a hardtop retractable. what i got with the SC430 is a whole lot more. i love it...well, as soon as i get my "package" tray motor replaced.

So...the backseat is for 1) DOG, and 2) COOLER. now if i can find a redhead for the front seat, i'd have myself a "chic car".
Old 10-15-10, 07:40 AM
toxic
Driver

I am looking for the rear seat cover that VTIBob has. Scarce as hen's teeth though. Since it is just an extension of the trunk, covered storage would be great. Searching....searching...
Old 10-15-10, 06:57 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

the way some of these guys butcher the car you could say its a clown car.
Old 10-15-10, 07:42 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by toxic
I am looking for the rear seat cover that VTIBob has. Scarce as hen's teeth though. Since it is just an extension of the trunk, covered storage would be great. Searching....searching...
Check some of our CL vendors. I know Carsons had it...but now is discontinued:

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=26

****Found a Japan parts dealer that has it:

http://www.partsport.jp/index1.html

Good luck. Those are very cool.
Old 10-15-10, 09:27 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Derek how do find this stuff....I am amazed.
Old 10-18-23, 01:02 AM
Irishmen
10th Gear

Default Sc430 Great all round sports car !

Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
I am one of the few Lexus lovers between my car guy friends, and even I would honestly not drive an SC over some of the competition (no offense, it just doesn't "move" me). If you care about "labels", I can say with certainty that the "chick" label applies more to the SC than the grandma label applies to the LS. Grandmas typically drive Grand Marquis and Town Cars (and who gives a flip? I love Town Cars and would drive the hell out of one).

If I were looking to spend this much money on a convertible, and was not content with the under 10k convertibles of which there are a ton out there, I would skip the SCs relatively staid, feminine... whatever you want to call it style, the Corvette's played out overly macho "boy racer" persona, and run straight for the Cadillac XLR. If there is any vehicle out there that combines the good traits of both the SC430 and the Corvette while maintaining a healthy dose of masculinity, its got to be the XLR. They hold their value a little too well for a Cadillac though, and I think you can get SCs for significantly less now.

The trade-off is of course, the Lexus' rock solid reliability... but the XLR hasn't been traditonally Cadillac maintenance heavy either, just get a warranty.

Were I not driving my LS430... I'd most certainly be in an Range Rover, LX470 or XLR. Of course if you are one of those "anti-domestic" haters, then the SC430 is the only other game in town when it comes to a true luxury Grand Touring convertible unless you want to drop A LOT more coin for an SL. The IS and G37 verts are toys, and the 6 Series, much as I love BMW, is a maintenance nightmare.

Buy what you like, labels are for those too insecure to own what they enjoy.
I have owned many sports cars from 1966 to present, corvette, mg, triumph, 3 f bodys, yes sports coups, 240z, jag etc. I bought a ls430 6 years ago best ls iv ever had, and I've had many, bmw, jag, Cads, Lincoln, on and on. The ls430 is unbelievable to this day, with a short 1o year stint with suvs and a Hemi Ram I decided I really wanted another sports gt. Having a wealth of knowledge about lexus and the ls 430 I researched the sc for 6 months. Obviously having the same v8 motor and rear wheel drive, we finally bought an 03 sc 430. 3 months now. Reliability, fast, pretty nice handling, great sound system, I'm a musician, great one of a kind style, you really can't go wrong. Don't get me wrong, I would love a shelby cobra !! However practical reasons this was it. A few hints to inhance handling and preformence. Tires are really important, I'm a Hankook tire guy, have them on my ls430, several sets know, I'll take on a BMW, Mercedes etc. Any time in the corners. Preformence, injen cold air intake, and simple muffler delete, and add 5" outlet tips an you can really play with the big boys with there new whatever, 700. Dollar car payment, high insurance, registration etc. And the just got beat by a paid for 20 year old car, that looks brand new IMO !!!
Old 10-18-23, 01:16 AM
Irishmen
10th Gear

Default Change the wheels

I am one of the few Lexus lovers between my car guy friends, and even I would honestly not drive an SC over some of the competition (no offense, it just doesn't "move" me). If you care about "labels", I can say with certainty that the "chick" label applies more to the SC than the grandma label applies to the LS. Grandmas typically drive Grand Marquis and Town Cars (and who gives a flip? I love Town Cars and would drive the hell out of one).

If I were looking to spend this much money on a convertible, and was not content with the under 10k convertibles of which there are a ton out there, I would skip the SCs relatively staid, feminine... whatever you want to call it style, the Corvette's played out overly macho "boy racer" persona, and run straight for the Cadillac XLR. If there is any vehicle out there that combines the good traits of both the SC430 and the Corvette while maintaining a healthy dose of masculinity, its got to be the XLR. They hold their value a little too well for a Cadillac though, and I think you can get SCs for significantly less now.

The trade-off is of course, the Lexus' rock solid reliability... but the XLR hasn't been traditonally Cadillac maintenance heavy either, just get a warranty.

Were I not driving my LS430... I'd most certainly be in an Range Rover, LX470 or XLR. Of course if you are one of those "anti-domestic" haters, then the SC430 is the only other game in town when it comes to a true luxury Grand Touring convertible unless you want to drop A LOT more coin for an SL. The IS and G37 verts are toys, and the 6 Series, much as I love BMW, is a maintenance nightmare.

I forgot a few points about the chick car thing, yeah I'm not one of those guys that think that, my wife actually is really nit a car girl other than mustangs but she likes the sc. Change the wheels very important, the 01-04 are really ugly, mine have a silver spoked wheel, changes the look drastically, window tint, debadging, front grill insert semi gloss black. Ours is Mulinimum silver, get compliments every day I drive it, it's actually my car, I gave my Wife are Hemi ram 1500 crew cab that is also sweet and very personalized, she likes to ride high and have lots of power lol !!!

Last edited by Irishmen; 10-18-23 at 01:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
nzxyxy (10-18-23)
Old 10-18-23, 01:23 AM
Irishmen
10th Gear

Default Change the wheels

I forgot a few points about the chick car thing, yeah I'm not one of those guys that think that, my wife actually is really nit a car girl other than mustangs but she likes the sc. Change the wheels very important, the 01-04 are really ugly, mine have a silver spoked wheel, changes the look drastically, window tint, debadging, front grill insert semi gloss black. Ours is Mulinimum silver, get compliments every day I drive it, it's actually my car, I gave my Wife are Hemi ram 1500 crew cab that is also sweet and very personalized, she likes to ride high and have lots of power lol !!!
Old 10-19-23, 10:42 AM
jimisbell
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

If its a chick car, my wife doesnt see it. I married my trophy wife the first of this year. She is 25 years younger than me so I guess that qualifies her as a "Chick" I have two Lexus cars, a 2004 LS-430 and and 2006 SC-430. She exclaimed after seeing the LS that it was "Her car". I was relegated to the SC. I prefer the ride of the LS, but EVERYTHING else is SC. Love it top down.

Quick Reply: sc430 Chick Car??