Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

SC430 Pebble Beach Edition

Old 08-11-10, 02:33 PM   #1
BLAQ ICE
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default SC430 Pebble Beach Edition

Anyone have any thoughts on the headlight package on the Pebble Beach (PB) Edition models? I have seen pictures and the interior of the light assembly is not the aluminum chrome on the non PB models. The black exterior PB edition models have black interior lighting panels inside the headlights.

I have seen it on the Corvettes and it looks different in a good way
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by BLAQ ICE; 08-11-10 at 03:10 PM..
BLAQ ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 04:26 PM   #2
scdroptop
Trader Score: (1)

Do a search...someone has done something like it and repainted and put FX35 lenses in the housing. Looks cool. Many new Toyotas have the similar lenses now on all colored cars. I saw a Matrix with them the other day in red and it looked awesome!

I have looked at extensively as well as taken apart my lenses (I have the 2005 Pebble Beach you are referring to) to replace my DRL's and it would be very hard to do. If I was trying to do this, I would start by purchasing a good set of clean headlights that have no discoloration and take them apart and then take to a pro to paint! In case you screw them up you still have your original lights!

Like a lot of our mods we do on these cars--very expensive and questionable if it's worth the PITA.
2005 Pebble Beach Edition Named "Ebony" Only 600 Made Black Diamond Pearl Pimento Red Interior Espresso Birdseye Maple Wood Smoked Pebble Beach Headlights Pebble Beach Badges on Fenders, Console and PB Embossed Mats, Pebble Beach Red Engine Cover and Cargo Cover Pull Mods: Injen Short Ram Intake ADR 20" Staggered Wheels w/Yokos Tasteful Drop w/ Megan Street LP Coilovers SL2-UP Vais iPod, DRL LED Upgrade Lexus Aluminum Pedals, 06+ LED Tails, 9.1 Nav, Welcome Screen Bypass Zaino Luxlink 2.0 39k
scdroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 04:46 PM   #3
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Another option is to use vinyl instead of paint.
tenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 08:40 AM   #4
Liquid SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
Another option is to use vinyl instead of paint.
vinyl would probably melt and possibly catch on fire. even with pain, you have to use a high temperature paint to avoid bubbling and peeling.
Old 08-12-10, 01:58 PM   #5
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid SC View Post
vinyl would probably melt and possibly catch on fire. even with pain, you have to use a high temperature paint to avoid bubbling and peeling.
I done a couple of sets of headlights (non-SC) using vinyl with no problems. If it was hot enough to catch vinyl on fire, it would melt the lens.

Vinyl is a lot easier than paint. No drips, runs or over spray - cut it to fit and slide it around on a layer of soapy water. I cut a template out of paper and transfer. Flip the template over and cut the piece for the other side.

Blaq Ice - do you have a picture of the Pebble Beach headlight? I looked at a couple on eBay and didn't see any black in the headlights. Maybe it's on the newer models.
Old 08-12-10, 03:14 PM   #6
BLAQ ICE
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
I done a couple of sets of headlights (non-SC) using vinyl with no problems. If it was hot enough to catch vinyl on fire, it would melt the lens.

Vinyl is a lot easier than paint. No drips, runs or over spray - cut it to fit and slide it around on a layer of soapy water. I cut a template out of paper and transfer. Flip the template over and cut the piece for the other side.

Blaq Ice - do you have a picture of the Pebble Beach headlight? I looked at a couple on eBay and didn't see any black in the headlights. Maybe it's on the newer models.
I have these two pic of the black interior light panels.
Attached Images

BLAQ ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 11:54 AM   #7
scdroptop

I always wanted to do on my red/ecru...let us know if you can do it. Maybe you can start a nice business!!! I remember something similar to this with my old 300ZX forums back in the 90's. A guy came up with a way to make the blinker lens white like the JDM cars and ended up selling to just about all members of the forum his retrofit kit to make your own. It was pretty cool to see something like that transform. Who knows...maybe you guys are onto something! For selfish reasons, I like the fact that the 05 PB is the only SC to have these headlights!
2005 Pebble Beach Edition Named "Ebony" Only 600 Made Black Diamond Pearl Pimento Red Interior Espresso Birdseye Maple Wood Smoked Pebble Beach Headlights Pebble Beach Badges on Fenders, Console and PB Embossed Mats, Pebble Beach Red Engine Cover and Cargo Cover Pull Mods: Injen Short Ram Intake ADR 20" Staggered Wheels w/Yokos Tasteful Drop w/ Megan Street LP Coilovers SL2-UP Vais iPod, DRL LED Upgrade Lexus Aluminum Pedals, 06+ LED Tails, 9.1 Nav, Welcome Screen Bypass Zaino Luxlink 2.0 39k
scdroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10, 10:44 PM   #8
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Those SC headlights look strange. Is the paint on the housing or on the lens? Hard to tell from the pictures.

Here's a pair of headlights that I did today for a Grand am.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here's a set of projectors that I did last year.

This set has Avery white carbon fiber vinyl and a pair of BMW CCFL Angel Eye rings.
Old 07-24-14, 04:43 AM   #9
treker
Driver School Candidate

I have a Pebble Beach Edition SC430 2002 with 102k....it's in excellent shape with no dings....trading it in...what do you think I should expect from a dealer?
treker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 05:10 AM   #10
bacardi11
Lead Lap

A dealer will low ball the car sell it your self. And wait for it to sell then buy the new car.
2002 Midnight Pine Pearl: Clear Corners Headlights with Duel Action Flashers Clear Corners Clear Led Front and Rear Markers Megan Racing Motor Mounts Swift Springs Bilstein Custom Front and Rear Shocks Dr Gas Exhaust TM Poly Upper and Lower Control Arm Bushings Poly Bushings Front GS 28.6mm Solid not Tubular and ISF Rear 17mm Sway 30% Tint 18" Work Rims Motorsport Tech Spacers Door Stabiliers Focal 1 Amp Polk db 840 Sub Dc Gold Front Speakers Trans Pressure Upgrade Gen4 upgrade Sprint Booster
bacardi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 05:54 AM   #11
throw
Driver School Candidate

trekker, is it a PB 02 of the neiman marcus. You should post here before trading it in.
throw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 01:44 PM   #12
NorCal430
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by treker View Post
I have a Pebble Beach Edition SC430 2002 with 102k....it's in excellent shape with no dings....trading it in...what do you think I should expect from a dealer?

Hmmm. It seems we have two people from Texas, each with one posting, that are interested in pricing their 2002 Pebble Beach Editions with slightly more than 100,000 miles. Even though Pebble Beach Editions started with the 2004 model year.

Last edited by NorCal430; 07-24-14 at 02:49 PM..
NorCal430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 08:07 PM   #13
mrblister
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal430 View Post

Hmmm. It seems we have two people from Texas, each with one posting, that are interested in pricing their 2002 Pebble Beach Editions with slightly more than 100,000 miles. Even though Pebble Beach one Editions started with the 2004 model year.

The 2002 special model of course was the silver cloud not a pebble beach. Some one is mixed up
2005 SC430 Pebble Beach nav tool back up camera vias sirius radio daizen front & rear anti sway greaseable zerks blitz throttle controler windscreen deflector 8 disk dvd trunk changer dvd/tv tuner in glove box r1 slotted & drilled rotors,axis pads 20 " donz genovese staggered toyo t1 proxies toms tower strut bar cnc aluminum frame stiffiner plates lux link remote start remote top 1/4 window mod phone hack & beat sonic nav overide lots of led bulbs lexus logo door projectors 2004 GX470
mrblister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 08:07 PM

Tags
2005, beach, black, color, diamond, edition, emblem, headlights, lexus, light, options, paint, pebble, sale, sc430, template, upgrade