SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

C&D Scoop ISF-C & SC Ragtop

Old 07-06-10, 04:42 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default C&D Scoop ISF-C & SC Ragtop

I don't think I could live with a ragtop. Not a fan of the IS-C but 416hp could make me forgive a lot.

With the launch of the IS convertible, rumors started almost immediately that Lexus might build a high-performance F version of the retractable hard-top. Now it appears those hoping for such a drop-top beast will get their wish.

According to a report by Car & Driver, a convertible version of the IS-F will be due out in 2011.
In our recent review of the IS250 C we noted a definite lack of excitement due mostly to the added 400 lbs of weight. The IS350 C proved a significantly more entertaining drive as its 300-plus horsepower 3.5-liter V6 is so over-powered in the sedan form.

Now we can look forward to 416hp in the IS C, along with the thumping 5.0-liter V8’s incredible 371 ft-lbs of torque. We can also expect some seriously upgraded aerodynamics and a sporty interior.

In related convertible Lexus news, Car & Driver is also reporting that the out-dated SC model will get a successor, which is to have a light-weight soft-top rather than a retractable hard-top.

Last edited by KaiserSea1; 07-06-10 at 04:47 AM.
Old 07-06-10, 07:26 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would rather wait for the next generation IS-C.

It seems that an IS-C F will be too late, too outdated.

As for the next gen SC, I would be happy if it was in the same class and style and performance as the Jaguar XK. Give it that ambiance and luxury. It works well as a ragtop.
Old 07-06-10, 11:41 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1

In related convertible Lexus news, Car & Driver is also reporting that the out-dated SC model will get a successor, which is to have a light-weight soft-top rather than a retractable hard-top.
I hope not
Old 07-06-10, 06:36 PM
Jace_91
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rather wait for the next generation IS-C.
It seems that an IS-C F will be too late, too outdated.

Very true, although the IS-C F would be very nice they seem to redo the IS line every few years, and the IS-C F would probably only be current for a year or two at most. I don't see them putting a soft top on the SC just wouldnt make sense.
Old 07-06-10, 09:08 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice info! After reading this, I found the motor authority story. I don't THINK that the IS-C pictures on that story are the IS-C-F, looks like just a regular IS-C with the F sport accessory wheels, etc. What do you all think? So, there is a major difference between an ISC-F Sport and a ISC-F? Too many letters! Arrrggghhh! LIke the 650CSI and LS460H, etc etc. People get lost after 3 letters. At least I do.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...ly-2011-launch

I would be in favor of the ISCF only and if only it had a major body update. Don't count on that UNLESS Lexus is holding back on us and is expected to launch a face lift for the entire IS line for 2011??? Doubt it. If they were SMART, they would do it like BMW does and launch the sedan first, then the coupe/convertible then the F/M model last.

The IS is going on it's sixth model year and no real significant changes to the overall shape/look. Essentially the $50k+ IS-C shares the same lights and fenders as the nicely pre-owned 2006 IS250.

By the looks of this Japanese-leaked magazine shots of the 2011 IS Sedan looks like the sedan will get LED DTR (very cool!!!!) and rounded fog lights. No shots of any rear tail changes or interior, but they mention some slight changes. Looks like the 2006+ SC changes revisited...maybe not as significant?? Interesting IMO.
Attached Thumbnails C&D Scoop ISF-C & SC Ragtop-iscf.jpg   C&D Scoop ISF-C & SC Ragtop-iscf2.jpg   C&D Scoop ISF-C & SC Ragtop-iscf3.jpg   C&D Scoop ISF-C & SC Ragtop-is350redesign.jpg  
Old 07-07-10, 07:31 AM
Jace_91
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah they actaully have one at my local lexus dealer that is an IS-C350 or whatever, lol. but it has the F accessory package, which is way over priced IMO, its something like an extra 10k, for exhaust brakes and wheels, too much for something that isn't going to put out stellar performance.