SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Midnight pine pearl w/saddle..

Old 06-28-02, 09:03 PM
sjzar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midnight pine pearl w/saddle..

signing papers tomorrow for sc 430, 2 cars will be available to choose from, both w/saddle interior, 1 is the silver, the other is the midnight pine. Silver is in stock, midnight pine will be in next week. have yet to see the midnight pine in person, have seen some photos but it is a little difficult to pick up the depth/color from the pic's. New to the site and any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
SJ
Old 06-28-02, 10:00 PM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

both are great color combos, but in order to appreciate the midnight pine you need to be out on a sunny day, other wise it looks like a black car, i should know i have a indigo ink pearl, but when the sun hits it jus right its amazing( both the blue and green). also havign one of the dark colors is also cool since when your cruisin on a bright day, you have whatever color, and at night, you have a black car(some people like the duality of it).however ive learned its a hassle to keep a dark colored car clean despite loving my blue. the silver is more practical when it comes to keeping it clean looking. but if you dotn mind wiping down the midnight pine after a drive and you like the green(rarity) go for it. hope i helped some, GL on choosing your car, and congrats on your lexus and welcome to the ClubLexus forums.

Last edited by MagusFuria; 06-28-02 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-29-02, 02:39 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Midnight Pine/saddle was one of my two choices when I ordered (and waited for) my SC. It just *has* to be a great combo. (Black/black was my other preference).

During my wait, I took a long look at my dark green/blue Acura and decided that I no longer wanted a dark car for all the reasons you see here in this forum. I changed my preference to silver/black.

While the dark colors are sexier, silver is more forgiving. Good luck ... I'm sure you'll love your new SC no matter what your decision.
Old 06-29-02, 03:35 PM
sjzar
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the feedback, went with the midnight pine, felt it would look better w/saddle. silver was nice as well, would have probably given it more consideration if it had the black or ecru interior. supposed to pick it up WED. CAN'T WAIT!!

sj
Old 06-29-02, 06:32 PM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

All i have to say is cherish that car! everytime you get in the car, you won't want to get out. Congratulations dude
Old 06-29-02, 09:32 PM
sjzar
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Magus!! Indigo was great as well, was my 1st choice but unavailable for awhile. Checked out the gallery, like the look of the custom wheels, gonna look into that and see where I can check out some wheels, would like to keep the runflats for now. Anyone in the Boston area have any recommendations??

Last edited by sjzar; 06-30-02 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-02-02, 08:08 PM
jjspirer
Driver School Candidate

I have the midnight pine pearl with saddle... you will be so glad that you made this decision. It's a great color combination... subtle, elegant and rare. There are so many "silvers" out there. This car is so obviously different from everything on the road that you don't need to make a statement with the color. Yes, there is more maintenance, but it's worth it. I posted some photographs in the gallery, but, honestly, they don't do it justice. The color changes with the sun, as do the lines of the car depending on the angle from which you view it. That's the mystery and the excitement of this car. Enjoy it!
Jennifer
Old 07-03-02, 11:26 AM
sjzar
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Jennifer, going to pick it up at 4:00, it's about 96 right now in Boston !! Hot and MuggY, hate leaving the pool, but it'll be a blast tonight driving around.

SJ
Old 07-03-02, 11:42 PM
antigeek
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, SJ.
You've had your time to empty your bank account, affix a permanent smile, and drive, Drive, DRIVE on your first day.

Your impressions on your choice, please.
Old 07-10-02, 08:08 PM
sjzar
Driver School Candidate

Picked up the car Wed. afternoon and headed right up the to my place in Maine, took the coastal route the entire way, loved it!!! Def. needed a lot more sunscreen than expected, got a buzzz cut on Tues and was regretting it on Thurs. morn!!! LOL!! Got back today, ready for 1k check up in a couple of days, love the car and color combo, def. more work to keep clean than the lighter colors, shouldn't be a problem, keeping it garaged weekend vehicle, got plenty of looks and comments, much more than the clk it replaced. Only problem was a slight rattle from right rear when the car hit a bump or rut in the road, not consistent, every now and then. Going to bring it up with service when i bring in for 1k service. Thanks to everyone for the feedback, especially Antigeek.
he went out of his way to send me any info or pic's available. Much aoppreciated. I have a question on wheels ,If I go larger does that affect the odometer/speedometer or can that be reset to reflect the wheel size?? Never have chenged the wheels on any vehicle I have owned, like to put 19" on this after checking out the vehicle in person and the pic's in the gallery.
Thanks
SJ