SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I found my annoying squeak near the rear window

Old 06-11-10, 08:00 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Bon,

I did the adjustment today, WOW, that is it!! It completely cured the rattle!!

It might seems like just a little contribution that you shared with us, but the effect to me is absolutely HUGE!! Since the rest of the car is so flawless, that rattle is so amazingly annoying, it really makes me enjoy the car A LOT less, that rattle makes the car feels much cheaper.

You did just pointed out a little thing, but I would never have found it if you didn't pointed it out. And of course the dealer have no clue how to fix it

So thank you so much, I REALLY do appreciate this. I enjoyed my rattle free SC430 all day today, and the car feels so upscale and high quality like it suppose to be.

This fix makes me so happy
Old 06-11-10, 08:08 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you Talwang for providing a picture of the rubber cushion, it makes it a lot easier to find it.

I just realized recently, the SC430 is the only V8 powered Japanese convertible coupe exist. Since I don't like the German feels and reliability. The SC430 is the only car that fit my needs. I am so grateful that this car exist. And this fix made the car perfect, you guys don't know how happy I am right now!
Old 06-14-10, 02:02 PM
pageme1911
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi!
Im new to this community and a new owner. I had this problem but thanks to you all, not anymore. This is a great car and you just made it better for me.
THANKS!
Old 06-14-10, 09:47 PM
ballpaulmo
Driver School Candidate

My one has a 'kok' "kok' from the right side connect between the top and windscreen when cross a hump and rough road. I think the noise coming from the hook?
Anyone have this problem and can it be fix?
Thanks
Old 08-08-10, 02:31 PM
tfeni52355
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Roof Noise from Package Tray - Fix

Can't wait to try this. Just noticed the noise in the wife's SC. Amazing what you hear when the rest of the car is built so incredibly well!
Old 08-30-10, 10:35 PM
ge4u
Driver School Candidate

Thank you! Thank you! Thanks you! This problem has been bugging me for years.
Old 11-11-10, 11:04 PM
JB84
Driver School Candidate

Hey I was wondering if anybody here can help me. I been hearing that squeaking noise in the backseat and I can't seem to figure out what it is so I ended up finding this post. Can you tell me exactly how to find this screw you all talk about. I looked everywhere around the moon roof like it said I think but can't match anything to the picture posted on here. And I was wondering if anybody knew how much it would cost me to get it fixed if I had to take it to the dealer because I don't think I have a warranty since I bought my car with 51k miles. Thank you.
Old 11-12-10, 05:08 AM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JB84
Hey I was wondering if anybody here can help me. I been hearing that squeaking noise in the backseat and I can't seem to figure out what it is so I ended up finding this post. Can you tell me exactly how to find this screw you all talk about. I looked everywhere around the moon roof like it said I think but can't match anything to the picture posted on here. And I was wondering if anybody knew how much it would cost me to get it fixed if I had to take it to the dealer because I don't think I have a warranty since I bought my car with 51k miles. Thank you.
Are we talking about an SC430 here? If so then do the following:

Begin lowering the roof and stop the stop the process when the roof is just setting down in the trunk. This leaves the raised covers pointing up vertically to let the roof pass. (When the roof is up these covers form the rear "package shelf".) In the very center of the car just under this cover there is a round black rubber bumper stop the size of a 50 cent piece. This stop is adjustable up-and-down. Rotating it counterclockwise raises the stop and clockwise lowers it. I raised my rubber stop, by hand, a couple of turns upward.
Old 09-06-11, 08:26 PM
Driver School Candidate

This by far was the best tip so far in this forum. I've gone to the Lexus dealer and my personal mechanic and they couldn't figure it out. They all told me I had to pay to take the entire convertible assembly apart to find out what the sound is. The annoying rattling from the back dash is gone.
Old 09-06-11, 08:46 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome!
Old 10-30-14, 04:30 PM
theazz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Rear Noise

Wow
This is major. I'm trying it tomorrow. Yesterday I took out the back seats and drove the car and still had the noise. If this works I can't thank you enough.
theazz
Old 10-31-14, 10:01 AM
theazz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I turned the black **** 1 full turn counterclockwise and that did the trick. I can't thank you enough
theazz
Old 11-02-14, 03:30 AM
medsc430
Driver School Candidate

This post should be required reading for all wives of car guys. My wife is convinced that I hear rattles, squeeks and other assorted car noises that either don't exist or" normal " people would never notice. You would not believe how vehemently she protested when I asked her to ride in the back of the SC to aid in diagnosing the rattle being discussed here!! Thanks Bon...and my wife thanks you, as well!!
Old 11-02-14, 12:02 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Do you mean to tell me that wifes are supposed to ride in the front. Dont tell my wife .
Old 11-02-14, 07:49 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

....lol...my wife would be shocked to know they are allowed to ride at all....j/k

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I found my annoying squeak near the rear window