SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Ready to get fired up?!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-02, 02:38 PM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to get fired up?!!

Check out this thread from the MBworld.org "SL500" forum. Can these people (most of them) be more up their A$$ with their MB mentality? I like the new SL500 and other Mercedes vehicles, but why do these people have to be so full of it?

Here's the link...

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...?threadid=6559
Old 06-14-02, 02:54 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, my "vicera" certainly has been stirred. What the hell is a vicera anyway, and why would one want to stir it ?

Soul ? Heritage ?? Give me a break.
Old 06-14-02, 06:40 PM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

They are just mad that japanese car companies only really started producing cars after WWII, and at that point their strong suit was engine design( being relatively new to car manufacturing, their early chassis were not very good). The true strength of japanese companies is their ability to assimilate, improve, and put out a better product then their competitors. To them its an honor thing to do the best they can at something (some are the most **** perfectionists i know-which is a good thing). And now after some decades of their industry growing, they have built a car company whose name you often hear in the same sentence as Mercedes, BMW and Audi. But now, Mercedes and BMW are just upset that Lexus is out selling them, has better reviews, and has more worth per doller than an overpriced 180k car. The fact is that Lexus has grown up in a sense to be able to rival these top-end companies. As to the person who said the sc430 is too feminine, well thats your opinion, and its also the opinion of an overwhelming amount people that it is a beautifully designed car (and unlike BMW, Lexus does not have the aerodynamics of a brick). But in the end, its whatever floats your boat. Im not trying to bash german car companies, or german car owners, im just providing a counter-argument to the Mercedes forum posters.

signing off- MagusFuria

Last edited by MagusFuria; 06-14-02 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-14-02, 10:08 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Ready to get fired up?!!

Originally posted by daygo718:" Can these people (most of them) be more up their A$$ with their MB mentality? I like the new SL500 and other Mercedes vehicles, but why do these people have to be so full of it?"

These Elitest Sour Grapers are ticked that BMW has out sold them over the past few years in Domestic Sales, and that thanks to Lexus, TOYOTA / LEXUS is about to dethrone MB / Chrysler as the 3rd largest Automaker in the world!

They know they have no chance to take on BMW (The Most Profitable Automobile Manufacturer in the World second Only to PORCHE), who have out performed them here on our Soil, on the Road, in the DealerShips, and in the Bank.

And just because Ms. Rue Paul may drive a Brilliantly Red SC, doesn't mean that the average SC 430 Owner is a "Middle-Aged Female"!

So now we know........."MB" really stands for: "More B _ _ _ chen"!

SOLO-1

Last edited by WJSOLOMON; 06-27-02 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-15-02, 11:05 AM
mattie
Driver School Candidate

I have seen this thread before, but I think it's kind of a compliment that sc430 "bothers" so many MB owners (more than 50 posts with over 2000 reviewed it !). It is remarkable that the Lexus' first try at convertible/coupe gets this much attention.

mattie

Last edited by mattie; 06-15-02 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-15-02, 01:25 PM
pot_head
Driver

Originally posted by mattie
I have seen this thread before, but I think it's kind of a compliment that sc430 "bothers" so many MB owners (more than 50 posts with over 2000 reviewed it !). It is remarkable that the Lexus' first try at convertible/coupe gets this much attention.

mattie

never looked at it that way before.
Old 06-15-02, 01:48 PM
LexFather

Well, I am a member of that board also, I won't go "SICK" on em, just educate the masses....Gotta represent you SC 430 peeps.....
Old 06-15-02, 08:43 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hey guys...

I love my SC430 BUT I also love my PORSHE 911 and I've had zero problems with my 993 Porsche model.... I will admit having stupid repeat electrical problems with my former Z3 and have never owned MB but don't be so quick to judge German car owners.. I am one... along with being a Japanese car owner!
Old 06-16-02, 01:45 AM
daygo718
Lead Lap

ceboyd- I don't think anyone on this thread is judging "German car owners". I started this thread because of certain individuals on the MB board that I felt was bashing the SC430 and I think people who replied to this thread are responding to the posts from the link I posted. It's nice to hear that you have such great taste in cars (both German & Japanese). Just wanted to clear that up (no judging here, just a bunch of car enthusiasts!).
Old 06-16-02, 08:39 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys who cares? If you notice all the trashy posts its peope who dont have any cars listed and have about 20 posts total. I doubt its the SL's, SC's...probably not even in the IS3...car buyers market. It pretty much comes down to this. german car buyers will buy german cars. Japanese...Japans finest and etc. I am the same way although like the many "actual" owners of the car they are not so quick to judge. The SL is a beatiful car. I test drove a 996 before getting the SC and although it wreaks of Porsche and its quick, 6-speed and aluminium interior. I just did not like the way the car felt or drove, I especially didnt like the seating position and the clutch ughhhhhhh. I get the same feeling driving my friends M-Roadster and 330i Convertible. Its so very much personal preference, however the rest of the world fears the Japanese and their products. Maybe because its lays out what a car can be, not as a technological wonder, but as something that doesnt break or spends more if its life in your garage then in the dealers.
Old 06-16-02, 10:37 AM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Its so very much personal preference, however the rest of the world fears the Japanese and their products. Maybe because its lays out what a car can be, not as a technological wonder, but as something that doesnt break or spends more if its life in your garage then in the dealers.

LexusSC430- well put! Purchasing any vehicle is a very personal experience which is why people are so passionate about their car regardless of the manufacturer. The reliability of Lexus is one of the reasons I chose Lexus over other car makers.
Old 06-16-02, 11:10 AM
LexFather

In my experiece, there is still a bundle of misunderstanding and misinformation and general lack of knowledge of Lexus vehicles. Most people still think of "Lexus" and the orignal ES and LS, as if no great strides have been made in the last 10 years. Even fewer people know of the aftermarket parts available.

Those dudes are cool though, I joined there last yeat and read, I hardly post.
Old 06-20-02, 07:22 PM
StuntJaxSC430
Driver School Candidate

Default Mattie nailed it

WELL SAID MATTIE!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, this 60 year old guy in a black MB SL500 03 pulled up to me at a light and started revving. I pretended to ignore him by talking on a cell phone, and then smoked his *** off the light. The SC isn't known for being a bullet off the light, but it suited me just fine!! We Lexus owners love our cars for other many reasons including comfort and safety, not just the performance and engine size.....

in other words, we're absolutely not compensating!!!
VJ
Old 06-21-02, 01:18 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Loaded SC430: $67K

Loaded SL500: $98K

(Difference = $31K = one IS300)

Knowing your Lexus won't need 2x power window regulators ($900 each), head gaskets ($1500), power steering pump ($675), and brake pads & rortors every 25K miles ($800) after the warranty runs out... PRICELESS!

Is this even a fair comparison? If anything is laughable, it's the Mercedes board weenies... not to take away from the SL (aka R230 in Mercedes chassis-speak: I'll bet most of 'em don't even know that!)- it's a GREAT car, but $100K, and a sports car (with no manual trans available)? In Southern California, the SL is thought of as the middle-aged- Newport Beach- Starbucks drinker's car.

To each his/her own!
Old 06-27-02, 02:54 PM
Bill B
Driver School Candidate

When there was a model gap at the end of my lease on my SC400 and delivery of my SC430 I decided to lease a CLK 430. The CLK has decent styling nice V8 and a well laid out interior. But 5 of the first seven weeks of ownership it was in the shop for a variety of reasons. Autohaus in Pompano went out of there way to be rude and condescending and my favorite line was "you wouldn't understand the level of sophistication in this vehicle" the
first time the service idiot said this to me I said "I don't well ok can you show me how to set the clock"? blank stare followed by I'll have the technician help you, brilliant! And nothing against the the new SL my neighbor has one it is a very attractive $60.000 car. So needless to say I will NEVER own another MB product.

Quick Reply: Ready to get fired up?!!