2002-2010 SC430 Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 10:16 AM
BearFan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Absolute Red

Originally Posted by playa3uhh
I kinda wish they kept the absolute red but the matador red color they offered as a 'replacement red' is soooooo nice. It looks completely aggressive and less like a "chick car" red. Apologies to guys with the absolute red. I actually love both reds and wish I had it. IMO I think red convertibles with great wheels is the ultimate sports car.
I liked the absolute red and am thinking of buying a 2003 with on 66000 miles on it. I had one a few years ago and got rid of it when I had a bad back.
Old 05-21-16, 09:19 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a fantastic thread! Thanks everyone for the information. It really helps those of who are in the market to get a used SC 430. I have a couple of questions as a potential buyer:

1) Are there any particular parts people are experiencing issues with on a particular year? I'm looking at 2005 and newer ones but I do have a limited budget so I'd like to know so I can choose the right one that will give me the least amount of issues (I know, newer the better, but still thought I'd ask).

2) Has anyone tried to fit an aftermarket navigation system to the console? Would it only fit in where the radio/cassette deck is or can it be retrofitted into the current navigation screen? One of the things I'd like to do is get a new system with android auto built into and have the USB plug and bluetooth audio for those nice long cruises down PCH lol.

3) Has anyone been able to mod the engine to get some extra power out of it without it loosing it's "classiness"? I would definitely be interested in chipping it or doing other mods that wouldn't make it roar too loud (it would be an extra car for the whole family including my parents and I have to keep things like this in mind), but I would love to get some extra power out of that fantastic V8.

4) Has anyone tried to do a rear seat delete? I know that the rear leg room is abysmal and it kind of doesn't make sense to even have those rear seats unless you're just putting a child seat in there (I'm single and have no kids). I know I can always remove them, but I don't want it to look "unfinished" back there.

Thanks in advance guys!!
Old 05-22-16, 01:48 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

1. As best as I can remember, no year is worse than the others. I do remember someone stating though that the speakers tend to stand up better in the latter years.
2. I believe that there were some that have done various mounting schemes for aftermarket NAVs. Just do a search on this forum to track them down.
3. There have been a few mods done in attempts to add more power, usually folks are trying to make it louder in the process, so you will have to weed those out. There is a mod to the transmission that improves response. Another good use of the search on this effort.
4. There have been a couple of folks that did rear seat deletes to add sound systems or storage or an in-car bar.

Keep us informed when you go about your upgrades. The forum is good about providing advice and encouragement. Besides, we like to see what creative projects that others dream up. (I'm sure others will chime in here with more information.)
Old 05-22-16, 05:51 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold57
1. As best as I can remember, no year is worse than the others. I do remember someone stating though that the speakers tend to stand up better in the latter years.
2. I believe that there were some that have done various mounting schemes for aftermarket NAVs. Just do a search on this forum to track them down.
3. There have been a few mods done in attempts to add more power, usually folks are trying to make it louder in the process, so you will have to weed those out. There is a mod to the transmission that improves response. Another good use of the search on this effort.
4. There have been a couple of folks that did rear seat deletes to add sound systems or storage or an in-car bar.

Keep us informed when you go about your upgrades. The forum is good about providing advice and encouragement. Besides, we like to see what creative projects that others dream up. (I'm sure others will chime in here with more information.)
Thanks for the info! I did continue doing some searches after I wrote this post and a lot of the stuff people have done have been really well done. My big fear about doing anything to the interior (including head units, rear seat deletes, etc.) is to maintain the classiness of the interior.