SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

My new SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-10, 07:54 PM
scdroptop
Forum Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats TOOCOOL!!!! Wow! You finally got it. After sending me all those links to cars that you obsessed over the past six months, I feel like I was on the journey with you!

Great find...looks immaculate and I'm proud to say our DFW Pebble Beach SC430 club just doubled its size!

Congratulations again. The most stunning color combination IMO ever made in the SC.

Beautiful. Now we just need to name it....

Candy? (for candy cane, obviously)
Old 03-30-10, 12:43 AM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scorpio74
TooCoolSC, how much did you get it for? PM me if you're not comfortable.
Gotta say it again, beautiful! I want the pearl white exterior but wifie doesn't like it when I bought mine.
This one was $41k and had 23k miles. It was originally bought new at Sewell in Dallas and has always been serviced there. When comparing the market, I thought it was a decent price for the relatively low mileage.

It already had VAIS Satellite radio. They had put brand new run flats on it, but I had them switch those out for some regular Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+. That saved a couple of hundred bucks, and for the difference, I got the VAIS iPod hookup. I've had a good experience with that. No only is it bypassing the "I accept" screen on the NAV, but I also have full control of my iPod AND the controls on the steering wheel. I was told that it was either/or, but that hasn't been my experience.

The only thing that hurt was they only gave me $14,000 for my '02 with 71k. I probably could have sold it for 2-3 thousand more myself, but I just decided to take the easy road, so I traded it in. Of course, I did get the tax break on that 14k, too.

The car was a CPO so it had the 3 year/100,000 mile warranty, and on top of that, I bought a 3 year extended warranty for $2,320. So the car has a bumper to bumper warranty until March, 2016 (6 years). I also got a very nice interest rate of 3.39% for 60 months. Of course, there's no penalty for early payoff, and that's what I intend to do.

Last edited by TooCoolSC; 03-30-10 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-30-10, 03:13 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats! LOOKING HOT!
Old 03-30-10, 04:39 AM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh my you have my dream SC that's the next one I want!
Old 03-30-10, 05:01 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome and congrates on your new car, may you have many happy years and miles of trouble free ownership. Sure looks nice with the red interior.
Old 03-30-10, 05:25 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks TooCoolSC. That's a really good price. The 07's still run around 45k-50k at Lexus dealership here in Houston. Not to mention the Pebble Beach Ed. That will def. add another 2 or 3k to the car price.
Again, congrats on your new purchase.
Old 03-30-10, 06:54 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TooCoolSC

This one was $41k and had 23k miles.

The only thing that hurt was they only gave me $14,000 for my 02 with 71K

I bought a 3 year extended warranty for $2,320.
First, Beautiful car and great price. I gotta ask. With warranty tax and title you went out of pocket over $30,000 for this upgrade. Seems a bit much for color. You could have bought the warranty for your 02. What was the motivation?
Old 03-30-10, 08:44 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

nice. i probably would have listed your '02 on ebay or craigslist. then taken their offer if it didn't sell. but you got a great car. that's all that matters.
Old 03-30-10, 09:07 AM
SScharder
Driver School Candidate

Your SC430 make me sleepless.
Old 03-30-10, 09:22 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice color combo.. the red interior is really beginning to grow on me.. congrats on the new ride!
Old 03-30-10, 09:23 AM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1
First, Beautiful car and great price. I gotta ask. With warranty tax and title you went out of pocket over $30,000 for this upgrade. Seems a bit much for color. You could have bought the warranty for your 02. What was the motivation?
31k, to be exact. And no, I could not have bought the warranty for an '02...not a quality warranty through Lexus anyway. I asked a longtime Sewell Lexus employee about getting a warranty on my old car and he said there's nothing available through them anymore. And I just never heard of any other warranty companies that I thought I could put my money and faith into and feel good about it. Plus, I didn't really want to because I always knew in the back of my mind that I wasn't going to keep the '02. It needed too much and had a "history" that I was not aware of when I bought it. That car and this newer car are in a totally different league, so it's not a case of me now having to pay for something I already had. I DIDN'T have it.

An upgrade for "color?" It was much more than that for me, although the appearance of the car certainly entered in. The car is 5 years newer, has 48k less miles, better technology and a 6 year warranty. Only 400 were made. It's just a "better" car. If we don't "upgrade" for these things, what DO we upgrade for?

The overall motivation for me was to simply have a car I enjoy and that I'm proud of.....things pretty much everyone feels when they get a new car. My former '02 did not supply that, hence, I was not enjoying the car. For me, it all comes down to the particular car and how it makes you feel.

Last edited by TooCoolSC; 03-30-10 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-30-10, 09:36 AM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
nice. i probably would have listed your '02 on ebay or craigslist. then taken their offer if it didn't sell. but you got a great car. that's all that matters.
You're right, of course. Selling it yourself is most always the prudent thing to do to get the absolute maximum amount of money. It just comes down to all the different little variables when you're sitting there at the dealership. We've all been there and felt it. Do you take the easy "trade in" road to getting the deal done, or the harder road that involves uncertainty, time and effort for what amounts to $2k? I took the easier road.

So ultimately, what it comes down to is....am I enjoying that $2k difference right now while I sit here and don't have to worry about advertising, showing and selling my car? Hmm.....it's pretty close!
Old 03-30-10, 09:40 AM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IcEnPinKi
very nice color combo.. the red interior is really beginning to grow on me.. congrats on the new ride!
LOL....yeah, when I look at the red and white, it looks good enough to eat. I haven't tried that, however.
Old 03-30-10, 06:21 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Glad you finally got the car you wanted. Enjoy!
Old 03-30-10, 07:01 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

my favorite color scheme on the sc430s. it hurts to see what u got for your old sc vs what you paid for the newer one. overall, great choice!

Quick Reply: My new SC