SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

replacment for daizen sway bar bushings brackets re-greasable zerks

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 02:11 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default replacment for daizen sway bar bushings brackets re-greasable zerks

I received many questions about replacing the sway bar bushings if you allready have daizen sway bars [ Seems that Daizin is not making there sway bars anylonger ]

3/1/08
I ORDERED RED SWAY BAR FRAME GREASABLE POLY BUSHINGS SET { energy suspension **
32 MM PART # ENE 9.5166R

ACCU AUTO CATALOG
1 800 869 7030
INV 111642
ORDER NUMBER 49016385 19.16
SHIPPING GROUND 12.01

[ The shipping was almost 3/4 of the price of the brackets and the polyuratahne busings. The kit was a pair of brackets and a pair of the bushings ] I had to supply my own grease zerks .

The above set came with the new brackets as well as the re-greaseable zerk's . These were for the fronts I dont think that they make anything for the rear bars. I used the daizen brackets and there polyurthane bushings that came with the daizen kit. As far as I know most of the squeaking noise will most likely come from the front bar not the rear, I use a handheld pump
grease gun to grease the front ones occasionaly, Also very important to use loctite on the bolts and brackets front anbd rear. I check them every oil change .

I also installed the following frame stiffiner It replaces the very thin metal OEM ones that are installed in the rear suspenson. I highly recomend check out this guys
web site [ They prevent wheel hop and twisting when accelerating ]

2/19/08

EBAY VENDOR TUNEDPARTS
[ SALES@TUNDPARTS.NET
ITEM 180215420850
LEXUS SUSPENSION BARS STIFFINER OEM REPLACMENT
$ 99.00 + SHIP 10.00 = 109.00
EASY TWO BOLT INSTALL 14 MM SOCKET
ARE MUCH THICKER AND MADE OUT OF VERY THICK ALUMINUM ]
Attached Thumbnails replacment for daizen sway bar bushings brackets re-greasable zerks-dsc00016.jpg   replacment for daizen sway bar bushings brackets re-greasable zerks-dsc00017.jpg  
Old 08-23-17, 11:08 AM
tjdean01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great! I bought a set of these but never needed to put them on. I was hoping they were the rears but obviously are different. You got a pic of the fronts, but the rears look like this shape:

But everywhere online says they look like this, which is wrong:

Old 08-23-17, 11:22 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Read my first post. I bought aftermarket brackets that had a grease zert so they can be lubed. The daizen kit just came with
rubber urethane bushings but I did not re-use the front brackets I bought the aftermarket ones . The rear bushing kit you just swap the urethane bushings re-using the oem brackets.
Old 08-23-17, 12:02 PM
tjdean01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrblister
Read my first post. I bought aftermarket brackets that had a grease zert so they can be lubed. The daizen kit just came with
rubber urethane bushings but I did not re-use the front brackets I bought the aftermarket ones . The rear bushing kit you just swap the urethane bushings re-using the oem brackets.
Yeah, I understood. I was just posting the pictures of what fits for the rear and what doesn't. I bought the correct brackets for the rear, like in my first picture. Looks like Dorman is the only one making them. Either that or a junkyard--getting the ones for a Camry if you can't find an es300.

I haven't had to use my greaseable fronts yet because they aren't making any noise.
Old 08-23-17, 12:16 PM
tjdean01
Driver School Candidate

Also, for a future database entry, here is what our 1999 ES300 looked like under there when we got it. There was no sway bar bushing or bracket or bolts. But there were these red and blue dots indicating that someone was under there planning to do the work. The sway bar was just bouncing around on the control arms. It was so bad I thought there was a screwdriver or something rattling around in the spare tire compartment.

And, the second photo is what the bottom of the 1998 Camry 4 cyl looks like. On this car the bushings go bad once a year. Only $12 but luckily I have a lifetime warranty on mine. It's starting to clunk so I'm going to replace them again soon. 30 minute job. This car gets 20,000 miles a year so that's why it goes bad faster. I think if you have more weight in the truck they don't go bad as fast. Seems that way anyway. Our ES300 will only get 10,000 a year less, so they might last 2 years.

1999 Lexus ES300 no sway bar bushing or mounting bracket
1998 Toyota Camry 4 cyl sway bar with bushing and mounting bracket